+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Dec 4, 2018
Hello everyone,

Jan 19, 2018 applicant here. I finally received my landing interview appointment letter from Vancouver office on January 2, 2019. My interview is scheduled for January 25, 2019.

AIP October 31, 2018, DM and SA November 2, 2018. The rest of my timeline is in my signature below.
Congrats! That is a lonnnnng time to wait for your landing interview. Nice to have the end in sight.

Is there any process or procedure to expedite the scheduling of the landing interview? I am waiting to hear back from the Vancouver office (DM letter on Dec 10) and can't imagine having to wait until February to have interview scheduled. Is this length of time common in anyone's experience?

Anna02

Nov 12, 2018
Toronto
App. Filed.......
06-03-2018
Hi,

I am a March 6th applicant my background check started processing on September 13th, but it's still showing "We are processing your background check". Is that normal? Most of the March 6th applicants have received DM.

ManiHoopes

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Category........
Hi,

I am a March 6th applicant my background check started processing on September 13th, but it's still showing "We are processing your background check". Is that normal? Most of the March 6th applicants have received DM.
Honestly, I wouldnt worry about it. You're still within the average processing time. I would start asking questions and making phone calls if nothing has changed come March/April :)

Reactions: Anna02

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi, I am also a March 6th applicant and my background check has been in process since August 30th. I haven't received any new updates after my medical exam was passed on Sept.
Today, however, I just received Eligibility Passed Letter on MyCIC (for me, principal applicant). Nothing yet as far as eligibility for SA, no DM, no AIP yet. I know that new updates will come soon for you and all of us very soon! It is mentally and spiritually difficult to wait but step by step, the journey moves forward! :)

Reactions: Goforhope

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hi, I am also a March 6th applicant and my background check has been in process since August 30th. I haven't received any new updates after my medical exam was passed on Sept.
Today, however, I just received Eligibility Passed Letter on MyCIC (for me, principal applicant). Nothing yet as far as eligibility for SA, no DM, no AIP yet. I know that new updates will come soon for you and all of us very soon! It is mentally and spiritually difficult to wait but step by step, the journey moves forward! :)

Eligibility Passed Letter on MyCIC (for me, principal applicant) means AIP!!!

Congrats!!! Next week you will get DM on both side:)

Reactions: pavanvulli

danmuji

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Congrats! That is a lonnnnng time to wait for your landing interview. Nice to have the end in sight.

Is there any process or procedure to expedite the scheduling of the landing interview? I am waiting to hear back from the Vancouver office (DM letter on Dec 10) and can't imagine having to wait until February to have interview scheduled. Is this length of time common in anyone's experience?
Thanks! No procedure to expedite the scheduling as far as I know. IRCC will tell you to sit tight. I think my wait time is a one-off (hopefully) since I got caught in the holiday break.

oduduwa1

Jan 3, 2019
I'm March 9th applicant and it says they processing my background check since September. How long do I need to wait more? and is my account going to indicate when they start working on my Eligibility? Someone should kindly tell me something I'm yet to know

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
I'm March 9th application and it says they processing my background check since September. How long do I need to wait more? and is my account going to indicate when they start working on my Eligibility? Someone should kindly tell me something I'm yet to know
Hello, from my experience and other members,
the "processing of background" status on our CIC online account will be stated this way until the very end of the journey. I don't think CIC updates Background check to "completed" until all steps are done.
In terms of Eligibility update, your CIC account will be updated to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" and CIC will have an attached letter of Eligibility in your CIC account for you to read. This eligibility passed letter is the actual AIP (fellow member shed light into this). :)

oduduwa1

Jan 3, 2019
Hello, from my experience and other members,
the "processing of background" status on our CIC online account will be stated this way until the very end of the journey. I don't think CIC updates Background check to "completed" until all steps are done.
In terms of Eligibility update, your CIC account will be updated to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" and CIC will have an attached letter of Eligibility in your CIC account for you to read. This eligibility passed letter is the actual AIP (fellow member shed light into this). :)
Thanks for the information but my Sponsorship application is not attached to my CIC account. The only time I tried to link it, it says I have a representative so it can't be link to my CIC account. So, the only way I check the status of my application is by tracking it with my application number or calling the CIC number. The other thing I'm scared of is that I've gotten a lot of traffic tickets even though I've paid off some. do you have an idea if that is going to affect my application?