+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Let's see how long we have to stress out ???? I am also following some Facebook groups and some people who applied after us from Vancouver office, already received DM letters and landing interviews.
Yes. I also noticed that. Guess ours will be after Xmas .. anyway the sooner , the better. Finger crossed :)

Cherry Kola

Aug 28, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Med's Request
15-08-2018
Med's Done....
28-08-2018
Hey there, quick question, we have received SA 2 weeks ago. What is the next communication we are waiting for? Is it DM?

Thank you for your help.

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
Hey there, quick question, we have received SA 2 weeks ago. What is the next communication we are waiting for? Is it DM?

Thank you for your help.
It should be DM letter email, but they could skip that one and directly send you the landing letter (given that you see DM on both sides on ecas)

Matt_26

May 28, 2018
Congrats to all those receiving DM!

Here's my situation:

March 26th Applicant
OWP Received in July
Passed Medical
Background Check currently 'In Progress'

Today I received an email from mycic with a letter requesting a Police Clearance Certificate from the RCMP.
When I submitted the original application, I provided this Police Clearance upfront, so I already have a clearance dated from February 2018. I have since moved to a new address from when I submitted the original Police Checks which I assume is why they are asking for a new check.

The problem is, I am currently outside of Canada visiting family due to a seriously ill family member (my mother), so I cannot get the new police check completed in person until I am back in Canada.

They have given me one month to complete the police certificate, so I need to get this into IRCC by January 17th, 2019. My intention was to stay with my partner and family out of Canada until the 1st of February, 2019.

Here is my question, do you think it is better for me to cut the trip short and get back to Canada so I can provide this new police certificate within the time frame they have requested?

Or, do you think it would be okay to ask for an extension of this document via mycic so I can spend more time with my family during a very difficult period?

I am concerned about asking for the extension since I know it is already a risk to leave Canada while the In-land PR app is being processed, so I don't want to draw extra attention to that and jeopardize the application. However, I was wondering if other applicants have asked for a similar extension with no issues, or, considering the circumstances, if this would be a reasonable extension to ask for?

Lastly, since I already completed the police check with the RCMP in February, would it be possible to send the original police check and fingerprints since technically I have already submitted that document? Or will the change in address since then make that original check void?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks very much!

yint29

Dec 17, 2018
Hi,

Submitted the PR+OWP application in October 2018. Curious to find out if the medical will be requested before processing both for PR and OWP applications? Any idea on the average timeline for OWP processing? Thanks!

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hi,

Submitted the PR+OWP application in October 2018. Curious to find out if the medical will be requested before processing both for PR and OWP applications? Any idea on the average timeline for OWP processing? Thanks!
Medical will be after OWP, see my signature for my timeline.

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Congrats to all those receiving DM!

Here's my situation:

March 26th Applicant
OWP Received in July
Passed Medical
Background Check currently 'In Progress'

Today I received an email from mycic with a letter requesting a Police Clearance Certificate from the RCMP.
When I submitted the original application, I provided this Police Clearance upfront, so I already have a clearance dated from February 2018. I have since moved to a new address from when I submitted the original Police Checks which I assume is why they are asking for a new check.

The problem is, I am currently outside of Canada visiting family due to a seriously ill family member (my mother), so I cannot get the new police check completed in person until I am back in Canada.

They have given me one month to complete the police certificate, so I need to get this into IRCC by January 17th, 2019. My intention was to stay with my partner and family out of Canada until the 1st of February, 2019.

Here is my question, do you think it is better for me to cut the trip short and get back to Canada so I can provide this new police certificate within the time frame they have requested?

Or, do you think it would be okay to ask for an extension of this document via mycic so I can spend more time with my family during a very difficult period?

I am concerned about asking for the extension since I know it is already a risk to leave Canada while the In-land PR app is being processed, so I don't want to draw extra attention to that and jeopardize the application. However, I was wondering if other applicants have asked for a similar extension with no issues, or, considering the circumstances, if this would be a reasonable extension to ask for?

Lastly, since I already completed the police check with the RCMP in February, would it be possible to send the original police check and fingerprints since technically I have already submitted that document? Or will the change in address since then make that original check void?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks very much!
Hi

I don't have answer to all of your questions but for the last part, I can give you some insight.

I had a lawyer help to prepare my application and guide us . I also did police clearance in Nov 2017 and then sent my file in Feb 2018 . Then I got request for police clearance documents in April.

I was also intending to send same police clearance document which I did in Nov 2017 . And my lawyer advised me that it is best for us to do a new police clearance check, as it should be within 6 months expiry . So , I sent cic a new police clearance document instead of using old one. I hope this helps....I would suggest you send new one which is within 6 months date.