+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Feb 7 received aip and SA emails on Nov 23 & Nov 29, but still no DM, anybody with the same situation?

Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hey guys
12 February applicant here
I received a week before SA in mail
And AIP Email yesterday
Notice that i didnt receive work permit yet until now i dont know but even i keep caling them and they really didnt give me any reasonable excuse
Anyways am asking for what next and the holiday break its coming so am looking forward for something next week before holidays
Thank you

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Feb 7 received aip and SA emails on Nov 23 & Nov 29, but still no DM, anybody with the same situation?
I am in the same situation...and it is driving me nuts ....received AIP on Nov 29 , SA on Nov 30 and DM for SA as well on same day.....but after that it is complete silence........so frustrating

Ashie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Hello everyone!
Question:
I am allowed to link my application in my online account if it’s already linked to my consultant’s account? I have a consultant but I cant just email/call her everyday to ask for an update.

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
I am in the same situation...and it is driving me nuts ....received AIP on Nov 29 , SA on Nov 30 and DM for SA as well on same day.....but after that it is complete silence........so frustrating
I thought I’m the only one. Really kinda stressed. :(,what do you think they are doing? I guess they doing the background check. Already been 2 weeks

Mischa90

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm an April applicant, I still haven't received the approval but I'm wondering once I do will they stamp my passport or attach anything to it?
I would like to apply for a new passport before the approval/ interview. My application and OWP are linked to my current passport so am I ok to apply for a new one? and do I need to notify anyone before I do that?

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
I thought I’m the only one. Really kinda stressed. :(,what do you think they are doing? I guess they doing the background check. Already been 2 weeks
I will be doing landing interview in Vancouver and I am thinking it is because of the wait time in this office .

In my case, my background check is pretty simple. I never visited any country outside of Canada since 2010 and may be a night or so in US . Before 2010, I was in India and was 18 when moved to Canada. So, not sure how come it is taking so long .......

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
I will be doing landing interview in Vancouver and I am thinking it is because of the wait time in this office .

In my case, my background check is pretty simple. I never visited any country outside of Canada since 2010 and may be a night or so in US . Before 2010, I was in India and was 18 when moved to Canada. So, not sure how come it is taking so long .......
I will landing in Vancouver office too! My background is kinda simple too. Before came to here last June , always lived in my city in China. Maybe we are the same VO, and he started his holiday already :confused:, I also got DM on SA side too ! Same day my husband received SA email.

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
I will landing in Vancouver office too! My background is kinda simple too. Before came to here last June , always lived in my city in China. Maybe we are the same VO, and he started his holiday already :confused:, I also got DM on SA side too ! Same day my husband received SA email.
Let's see how long we have to stress out ???? I am also following some Facebook groups and some people who applied after us from Vancouver office, already received DM letters and landing interviews.