+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

tonitoriva

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
February 22 applicant here !!!

I received the letter which says:

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirement"

What is this step and what is the following step?

I am so happy !!!

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
February 22 applicant here !!!

I received the letter which says:

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirement"

What is this step and what is the following step?

I am so happy !!!
This is AIP . Next will be SA and then DM. Last step will be interview letter but these steps vary for everyone.

But this is definitely a good start .

fifi83

Mar 12, 2018
Hello, I became a PR today. Landing interview in Calgary was around 3 min, the officer only asked me to see my sponsor and if I have committed any crime, and that's it. Only asked for the pictures, proof of payment. Got my SIN number right after and waiting for the PR card within the next two months. Good luck to everyone waiting here. This forum was actually very helpful

Feb 6 applicant
PR on December 13
Congrats! What a great news!
May I ask do you bring another PR size pic or they already have it in the office? I remember when I sent the app to cic already provide as they ask for two pics also the payment $490 fee receipt
Thanks in ahead !

calgary32

Mar 2, 2018
Congrats! What a great news!
May I ask do you bring another PR size pic or they already have it in the office? I remember when I sent the app to cic already provide as they ask for two pics also the payment $490 fee receipt
Thanks in ahead !
Hello, yeah you have to provide a new set of PR photos

Reactions: fifi83
Jul 8, 2014
Hi all,

I am a PR of Canada but working in the US at the moment. I have married my wife, who is on study permit in Canada at the moment, some time ago and would like to sponsor her for her PR. Now that I have been working in the US, is it any way possible for me to sponsor my wife and if so which application do you recommend and why: inland or out-land?

Thanks a million

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
My wife officially landed today (Montreal office). It was super easy and smooth. Office opens at 7h30 a.m we were there around 7h15 a.m, we had 3 people ahead of us.
By 7h45 a.m my wife was officially PR ! It took less than 5 mins with the agent with usual questions : date of first time entering Canada, were you convicted of a crime, been denied entry to Canada. They asked me one question if I'm still willing to continue the sponsorship process and that's it. At the end the agent handed us the CoPR.
Now my wife headed to Service Canada to get here permanent SIN and then she will go to RAMQ to apply for the health card.
Good luck everybody !

GabbyKk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
My wife officially landed today (Montreal office). It was super easy and smooth. Office opens at 7h30 a.m we were there around 7h15 a.m, we had 3 people ahead of us.
By 7h45 a.m my wife was officially PR ! It took less than 5 mins with the agent with usual questions : date of first time entering Canada, were you convicted of a crime, been denied entry to Canada. They asked me one question if I'm still willing to continue the sponsorship process and that's it. At the end the agent handed us the CoPR.
Now my wife headed to Service Canada to get here permanent SIN and then she will go to RAMQ to apply for the health card.
Good luck everybody !
A good xmas gift

Reactions: elomam

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi all,

I am a PR of Canada but working in the US at the moment. I have married my wife, who is on study permit in Canada at the moment, some time ago and would like to sponsor her for her PR. Now that I have been working in the US, is it any way possible for me to sponsor my wife and if so which application do you recommend and why: inland or out-land?

Thanks a million
As you are working in the US and you're a permanent resident and not a citizen, keep in mind you will have to reside in Canada while sponsoring her (whether you do it inland or outland). Permanent residents cannot sponsor from outside of Canada.

Reactions: Betabr