+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

marpou

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Northern Manitoba
My husband (PA) and I went for his landing interview at the Etobicoke location yesterday. We waited for almost an hour, and the interview only lasted about 5 minutes. The lady checked our passports and proof of address (driver's licenses) and asked about his travel record after our application was submitted. Everything went smoothly and he went next door to get his permanent SIN number right after.

I found this forum so helpful and informative. Hope your applications go smoothly and receive approval in due course.
Hmm... I was pretty sure I was told to wait until I get my PR card before getting a new SIN. You had no issues getting a permanent SIN with just the COPR?

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Hmm... I was pretty sure I was told to wait until I get my PR card before getting a new SIN. You had no issues getting a permanent SIN with just the COPR?
You can get your new SIN number with COPR . No need to wait for pr card. Just take passport and Copr and you are good to go.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Definitely no need to wait for the card (which can take months sometimes). As soon as you have your COPR, you can go ahead and get it.

fifi83

Mar 12, 2018
Congrats !!!
Is the DM letter like below information ? Thanks

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in ooxx Immigration will contact
you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

Last edited:
Reactions: elomam

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
Congrats! Is the DM letter something talked

Congrats !!!
Is the DM letter like below information ? Thanks

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in ooxx Immigration will contact
you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
Yes this is exactly what a DM letter looks like

fifi83

Mar 12, 2018
Hello everyone, any Feb applicants waiting for landing interview letter from Vancouver office?
Hi I got DM letter from email on Dec 10
Waiting for landing interviews from Vancouver office too

I guess it’s busier than others so I am looking forward interview be organizer before early Jan

Cross fingers!!! Can’t wait to finish all this process and get PR card sooner, wanna go back to visit my family and friends so badly

Last edited:

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Just

Hi I got DM letter from email on Dec 10
Waiting for landing interviews from Vancouver office too

I guess it’s busier than others so I am looking forward interview organizer before early Jan

Cross fingers!!! Can’t wait to finish all this process and got PR card sooner, wanna go back to visit my family and friends so badly
Same here.. waiting for this final step to be over so anxiously. Please let us know once you receive landing interview letter.
I am still waiting for DM....hopefully it will be over soon.

Reactions: DOUBLE_AA

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Feb 22 applicant here
No updates after medical
Anyone else with the same case?
May I ask yuo, is this your first marriage? Or what kind of age are you?

The reason I asked this because I know out-land if they are young, and first marriage, can be very fast. For people who are second marriage or older, the case is slow.

Reactions: BR_ESL