+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Hi guys,

Is it true that if I apply for an OWP later than my sponsorship application, I will get the OWP sooner than applying for it along with PR application?
I read the previous posts and found people said that it’s faster to get an OWP when I apply separately due to different processing centers.

Last edited:

Aussiecandads

May 1, 2018
Hi guys,

Is it true that if I apply for an OWP later than my sponsorship application, I will get the OWP sooner than applying for it along with PR application?
I read the previous posts and found people said that it’s faster to get an OWP when I apply separately due to different processing centers.
I had to resubmit my application and it still took 4 months to get the work permit! No matter what office it goes to it still takes3-4 months

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Hi! Did you receive DM for PA yet??

I have received DM on sponsor side only!!

Thanks!
Not yet, no DM on PA. But after receiving DM on sponsor side ,my spouse received SA after few hours.

Hopefully we will get next update in this coming week .

Can you please share your timeline?

Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: DOUBLE_AA

MashusCa

Nov 21, 2018
Woke up to DM on both sides on ecas! However, if I click on the DMs the statuses are the same as before, except one of them now says that they started processing the application on Nov. 27th
Hi sorry to ask but what’s DM and ECAS stand for?

mapledog

Dec 3, 2018
Category........
Hello All,

I have been following this post since a long time, and this morning I received the Eligibility passed message.

As this forum has been a great source of information for us, I am making my first post to share with all of you that I got the Eligibility passed message, and shall post another update as soon as I get any.

App Received:
Feb 12, 2018
AOR: Mar 9, 2018
Schedule A + PCC Request and Upload: Mar 12, 2018
OWP Received: June 12, 2018
Med Request: (Requsted by CIC in another recent extension of TRV)
Med Done: (It showed medical done, and no date)
Eligibility passed: Dec 03, 2018

Sponsor side DM: Awaiting
Landing interview scheduled: Awaiting
Both sides DM: Awaiting
SA: Awaiting

Ps_948

Dec 12, 2016
I m feb 22nd applicant.
No updates after medical done.
Nybody from feb applications with the same status?

DOUBLE_AA

May 17, 2017
Not yet, no DM on PA. But after receiving DM on sponsor side ,my spouse received SA after few hours.

Hopefully we will get next update in this coming week .

Can you please share your timeline?

Thank you
Hi!

Please let me know if you receive any update on your PA side.

Thank you! :)

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi sorry to ask but what’s DM and ECAS stand for?
I also applied on February 22, they have been reviewing my background check for approximately 2 months.
Hello,
DM= "Decision Made"; Decision has been made in the permanent resident application.
ECAS= "Electronic Client Application Status"; This on-line service allows Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) clients to view securely the status of their immigration and/or citizenship application(s) on-line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; anytime, anywhere.
ECAS website link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas