+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Just a quick question please...I got AIP approval email today in CIC account and after an status changed to reviewing eligibility requirements. Does anyone know when SA approval happens, before AIP or after .....

yvonne419

Feb 24, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
AOR Received.
19-02-2018
That's great! I'm also waiting for my appointment. What's your timeline??
I am Jan 17 applicant, DM on both side last week, and received SA and DM letter on Nov 27th, today just received the landing letter.

Koshizu26

Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hi, is there anybody who have applied in August here?
Wonder if you guys got OWP already? I'm kinda worried because of ongoing Canada Post strike.

danmuji

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
I am Jan 17 applicant, DM on both side last week, and received SA and DM letter on Nov 27th, today just received the landing letter.
Thanks for sharing. I'm Jan 19 applicant but I received DM on November 2nd. Maybe they're going by order... ? Hope I get the landing letter soon.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Wonder if you guys got OWP already? I'm kinda worried because of ongoing Canada Post strike.
Hi, I am not an August applicant (March applicant), but based on my experience, you will get via your CIC account an update on your OWP, stating that it has been approved and an approval letter for OWP will be in your account. Then, you can expect your actual work permit sent to you via mail usually about 5-7 business days. Not sure if the Canada Post strike will be a problem for you, but at least you will know that it is on its way because you get an update/approval on your CIC account first.

Koshizu26

Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hi, I am not an August applicant (March applicant), but based on my experience, you will get via your CIC account an update on your OWP, stating that it has been approved and an approval letter for OWP will be in your account. Then, you can expect your actual work permit sent to you via mail usually about 5-7 business days. Not sure if the Canada Post strike will be a problem for you, but at least you will know that it is on its way because you get an update/approval on your CIC account first.
Thanks for reply.
They say OWP takes 4 months but wonder if it means 4 months to send.. I am becoming impatience right now.. It's been 3 months but no news from them except medical request :3

dybala421

Nov 29, 2018
Hi everyone,
we received AOR in June 2018 and my partner and I recently had a baby. I understand we should notify to CIC that we now have one more dependent using a web form correct? what documents do I need to submit? ( birth certificate)

Thank you

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone,
we received AOR in June 2018 and my partner and I recently had a baby. I understand we should notify to CIC that we now have one more dependent using a web form correct? what documents do I need to submit? ( birth certificate)

Thank you
Correct, just the birth certificate and yes using the webform.

jimbo2093

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
August 2nd here, timeline in signature, owp approved 8th still waiting on physical permit... strikes have made an impact and it sucks! Best of luck!

hpsg

Jul 9, 2018
Update: Landing Interview email received November 29, 2018 - Interview on December 18, 2018(Vancouver)

January 22nd applicant, PA eligibility passed on 30th October
Sponsor Eligibility passed on October 31 and Decision Made on Sponsor' ECAS
Decision Made On PA side November 8

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
I received DM on sponsor sone today. Any idea how long it takes to change DM for PA.
It's really case by case. It can take from days to weeks. At least from your side you already received AIP so hang on I don't think it will take that long for your to get DM on PA side as well ;-)

Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hello
February 12 applicant here
Yesterday i got an email from CIC it said they need from me évidence of cohabitation and i scanned and sent to them our joint Bank account a letter from landlord que Wright down for us as proof that we live toghther internet bill has my name on it my phone bill invoice library paper of my profil and some papers that have my name and the adress on it so are all those stuff anough or i need something more
And today i receive a letter from CIC for my wife that said we are pleased To inform you that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and we will contact the apllicat shortly
For more information
I didnt receive work permit yet that i applied same time i applied for the PR
And i sent to them
Background schudule À
Police certificat
Médical exam. All before septembre
Any one can explain me the situation
Please and Thank you