+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Katerina9

Nov 9, 2018
I am in the same situation but my baby now is already 5 months. Apr’18 applicant. Do i have to update CIC about the new family member and how to do it?
My representative didn’t say anything.

marpou

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Northern Manitoba
I am in the same situation but my baby now is already 5 months. Apr’18 applicant. Do i have to update CIC about the new family member and how to do it?
Yes, you definitely do. You neeed to update CIC with any major changes to your situation - and having a baby is definitely a pretty major life event. If you have a representative, you should probably reach out to them and they will know what to do.

Otherwise I believe you would do it through the IRCC webform - but I’m not sure if you can do it yourself if you have a representative. You at least need to provide them with all the relevant information of your application, such as the application number, UCI, etc.

Belindajayne

Mar 28, 2018
Canmore
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
February 8 2018
AOR Received.
March 6 2018
Med's Request
August 7 2018
Med's Done....
August 17 2018
I'm a February 8 applicant - got a request for additional documents confirming common law relationship on November 27, and DM on the sponsor side yesterday. So disappointed it wasnt approval, but hopefully this is just a small delay in our process.

marpou

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Northern Manitoba
I'm a February 8 applicant - got a request for additional documents confirming common law relationship on November 27, and DM on the sponsor side yesterday. So disappointed it wasnt approval, but hopefully this is just a small delay in our process.
Well, I don’t think you can actually get approved before the interview. So just hang in there - you’ll probably get more info soon :)

tonitoriva

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Hi all,

I applied on February 22 as common in law and then we got married on September 8th.

Should I update this information?

Best regards,

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi all,

I applied on February 22 as common in law and then we got married on September 8th.

Should I update this information?

Best regards,
Hi, it is best to update IRCC regarding important changes to your application/status. Also, it is best to upload your marriage certificate in your web form online as proof of your marriage.
According to online CIC site (copied/pasted):

How can I update or ask about an IRCC application in progress?

You can also use this web form if:

• you want to report important changes about your application, such as:
    • births
    • deaths
    • marriages
    • divorces
    • adoptions
    • changes in address
    • changes in employment
    • a new educational credential
    • results of an approved language test
Here's the link for Web Form:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Reactions: Iglet

tonitoriva

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Hi, it is best to update IRCC regarding important changes to your application/status. Also, it is best to upload your marriage certificate in your web form online as proof of your marriage.
According to online CIC site (copied/pasted):

How can I update or ask about an IRCC application in progress?

You can also use this web form if:

• you want to report important changes about your application, such as:
    • births
    • deaths
    • marriages
    • divorces
    • adoptions
    • changes in address
    • changes in employment
    • a new educational credential
    • results of an approved language test
Here's the link for Web Form:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thank you !!!

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
We had our baby the week after submitting my husbands PR application (March 26) and we sent in a webform with his birth certificate uploaded. I think if anything it will help the application. They like to know the situation so they can confirm the babies citizenship. we received a message back and that was it. We noted in our application we were pregnant so good to follow up i think

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Everyone having babies and in the process of declaring/adding them or just learning about declaring/adding them to their application should keep in mind that, besides generally being required to update on any big developments like that, children that are not citizens and are not declared by the time their parent(s) land will never be able to be sponsored. Undeclared dependents are forever excluded from family class.

Absolutely be sure to update IRCC as soon as possible.

Reactions: CanIndo1111