+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

MangPa0131

Feb 14, 2018
Hi all I've been following this forum for a bit. First time commenting. I sent in my application January 3, 2018. I received my interview date for December 7, 2018 at Etobicoke.
Congratulation to receive the interview date!!
If you don't mind me asking, could you please tell me when you received DM letter which is stating your app is transferred to Etobicoke office?

Thank you in advance :D

Tabz-94

Mar 28, 2017
Ajax
Category........
FAM
Hi all I've been following this forum for a bit. First time commenting. I sent in my application January 3, 2018. I received my interview date for December 7, 2018 at Etobicoke.

Can you please share your timeline? Also, I would like to know when did you receive the letter which said that your processing is complete and your application is transferred to Etobicoke office..

just.g

Nov 27, 2018
Thank you so much!

As it turns out, a few minutes after I wrote my post, we got the email - Dec.10th interview!

sannia24

Jan 21, 2016
My passport wld have expired Feb 2019. I received letter requesting new passport bio page by Nov 28,2018. Invitation for pre-arrival services letter on November 9. Decision made email to both me and my sponsor on Nov 13, 2018. Etobicoke letter telling me they would contact me soon November 13 as well. I uploaded new passport bio page Nov 22, 2018 and received interview letter with date and time on November 24, 2018.
Also DM only shows on online took. My account still shows application in process and eligibilty in process. Interview not required right now. So go figure.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
My passport wld have expired Feb 2019. I received letter requesting new passport bio page by Nov 28,2018. Invitation for pre-arrival services letter on November 9. Decision made email to both me and my sponsor on Nov 13, 2018. Etobicoke letter telling me they would contact me soon November 13 as well. I uploaded new passport bio page Nov 22, 2018 and received interview letter with date and time on November 24, 2018.
Also DM only shows on online took. My account still shows application in process and eligibilty in process. Interview not required right now. So go figure.
What seems to be the problem? That your account hasn't updated yet?

That's fine - you have your DM, interview date, etc. It's pretty normal for online accounts (of all kinds, not just this) to lag behind with updates. I have an interview date set and DM showing on ECAS, but the other account is still showing in progress and I haven't received the DM email yet.

It'll all fully update eventually, no need to worry about it.

Reactions: andrewhao

sannia24

Jan 21, 2016
What seems to be the problem? That your account hasn't updated yet?

That's fine - you have your DM, interview date, etc. It's pretty normal for online accounts (of all kinds, not just this) to lag behind with updates. I have an interview date set and DM showing on ECAS, but the other account is still showing in progress and I haven't received the DM email yet.

It'll all fully update eventually, no need to worry about it.
No problem someone in the group wanted me to expand on my details. She wanted to know how long the wait was for landing date.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
No problem someone in the group wanted me to expand on my details. She wanted to know how long the wait was for landing date.
Sorry - your post wasn't quoting anyone so I thought you were confused about the lack of updates on your account.

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Hie, quick question. Kindly advise. I got request for PCC and i have already uploaded copy on my cic account, do i have to mail original copy as well??

just.g

Nov 27, 2018
Hey guys,

I'm wondering what the interview process is like. Does everyone bring their sponsor to the interview? Can anyone please give us a few pointers for the process? :)

Also, because I need to be there as the sponsor, should I bring any records of employment that shows I am currently employed?

Thank you everyone!

KJin

Jul 7, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2018
AOR Received.
09-02-2018
Med's Request
27-06-2018
Med's Done....
18-07-2018
Hey guys, wondering if I should call Etobicoke office to scheduled my landing interview to speed up the process? I really need to get my CORP before January (wanna go back to university in September). Are they open during holidays (Christmas, New Years)?
My timeline is in my signature.
Thanks for the help

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hey guys,

I'm wondering what the interview process is like. Does everyone bring their sponsor to the interview? Can anyone please give us a few pointers for the process? :)

Also, because I need to be there as the sponsor, should I bring any records of employment that shows I am currently employed?

Thank you everyone!
If you mean the landing interview, it's less of an interview and more of an appointment. Usually over in 5-10 minutes, and they just ask a couple of technical questions related to current address, whether or not the PA has been convicted in the past, whether there's been any changes to the application (children born or whatnot), etc. It's a few technical questions to confirm what has already been declared.

The invitation specifies that the sponsor must be there so yeah, everyone brings their sponsor. It also specifies what to bring and I don't believe a record of employment is among the usually required documents.