+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Tabz-94

Mar 28, 2017
Ajax
Category........
FAM
Yes. You can't apply for it from Canada. It has to be from abroad.

Follow the link where it tells you how to do it and then look into how long it takes to get one in whatever country you're traveling to, so you can see if you'll have enough time to get it (depending on how long they process and how long you're staying there).

Yeah! Got it! Thanks a lot for the information! :)

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
The letter which I received says that my processing is completed and I’ll be contacted by CIC etobicoke soon
Ok then, it wasn't clear if they completed or if it was for further information. Good for you! Soon you will land! :)

Shaizsarewr

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississuaga
App. Filed.......
June13 2018
AOR Received.
July
File Transfer...
August 21-2018
Med's Request
August 19 2018
Med's Done....
Sep3
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Inland
LANDED..........
Waiting
How about June applicants

just.g

Nov 27, 2018
Hey everyone! Congratulations to all of you who have received PR these past few weeks - my husband and I applied inland early this year, and we've been keeping track of this forum. I have two questions for our more seasoned members :)

#1 - how long does it usually take to get an interview date once you've received the email saying that the processing office will be in touch?
#2 - we were hoping to go on vacation once all of this is over, can we leave Canada before we receive the PR card in the mail?

Thank you!

Our timeline is below and in my signature:

Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP

Jan 3. 2018............................Application arrived and accepted at Mississauga processing centre
Feb 8. 2018............................AOR received by PA, application linked, schedule A and Police Check requested
- OWP received sometime april-may -
June 27. 2018.........................Medical Request received
July 16. 2018...........................Medical passed in this week (as per CIC)
Nov 14. 2018...........................AIP email (eligibility passed) is received by PA
Nov 16. 2018...........................SA email is received by sponsor (both sides say "DECISION MADE")
Nov 23. 2018...........................DM email is recieved by PA, stating that our case has been transferred to the Etobicoke office

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Update: ECAS showing DM on both sides this morning.

Still no DM or SA emails, but I already have the interview date so it's not that important (plus I'm guessing we'll get them in the next couple of days).

App Received: Feb 9, 2018
AOR: Mar 7, 2018
Schedule A + PCC Request and Upload: Mar 8, 2018
OWP Received: May 25, 2018
Med Request: Aug 8, 2018
Med Done: Aug 13, 2018
Eligibility passed: Nov 26, 2018
Sponsor side DM: Nov 26, 2018
Landing interview scheduled: Nov 26, 2018 (for Dec 18, 2018)
Both sides DM: Nov 27, 2018

Reactions: fifi83

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hey everyone! Congratulations to all of you who have received PR these past few weeks - my husband and I applied inland early this year, and we've been keeping track of this forum. I have two questions for our more seasoned members :)

#1 - how long does it usually take to get an interview date once you've received the email saying that the processing office will be in touch?
#2 - we were hoping to go on vacation once all of this is over, can we leave Canada before we receive the PR card in the mail?

Thank you!

Our timeline is below and in my signature:

Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP

Jan 3. 2018............................Application arrived and accepted at Mississauga processing centre
Feb 8. 2018............................AOR received by PA, application linked, schedule A and Police Check requested
- OWP received sometime april-may -
June 27. 2018.........................Medical Request received
July 16. 2018...........................Medical passed in this week (as per CIC)
Nov 14. 2018...........................AIP email (eligibility passed) is received by PA
Nov 16. 2018...........................SA email is received by sponsor (both sides say "DECISION MADE")
Nov 23. 2018...........................DM email is recieved by PA, stating that our case has been transferred to the Etobicoke office
Etobicoke office seems to be really busy and we've seen it take them over a month to schedule it, but you really never know.

You can travel, but if you're coming back by plane, you need to apply for a PRTD (Permanent Resident Travel Document) in the country you're visiting and you need to have it in order to be able to board a plane back to Canada. If you're returning from the US through a land border in a private vehicle, you can enter without a PRTD.

As you can't apply for the PRTD from Canada, research how long it takes to get them in the country you're traveling to so you can see if you'll have enough time to get it (based on how long you're staying there).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html