+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I don't think it's anything to worry about. I just checked and it's the same for us, the date we got SA is one day before the day it says on ECAS .
Hey guys!
I logged in to ECAS today and when I go to my sponsor DM, it says they sent us the correspondence regarding the decision of the application on November 21st, but he didn't receive an email... Can it be in the mail then? I also have no update on my side, the last thing that says is "medical results have been received on <date>". Online application has no update either. My bf got an email that he is eligible to be a sponsor, but he got it on November 20th. I am confused!! Help!!

My timeline just in case:

Application received by CIC: January 5th, 2018
AOR: February 9th, 2018
PCC and Schedule A request: February 9th, 2018
Medical request: June 27th, 2018
Medical passed: July 18th, 2018
AIP: November 18th, 2018
DM (on both sides): November 19th, 2018
SA: November 20th, 2018
Some correspondence: November 21st, 2018 (?)

I.Smith

Jan 28, 2018
Hey folks - I have a question about the "Review of Eligibility." My partner, the principal applicant, has received his OWP and passed his medical exam (on October 30), but there has still been no change to the "Review of Eligibility" status. It still says "We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility." Does this usually come later in the process? Is this normal? It just seems weird since its the first item on the list on ECAS. Thanks so much!!

Honeydew1987

Nov 17, 2017
I am Feb 14 applicant. Mine still says reviewing additional documents. It just changed a date in sep for date submitted on my application to Sep 23, 2018. Rest is still the same .
Feb 19 applicant here. Medical exam passed in late August. Mine is showing they are processing back ground check

Galch-os

Jul 6, 2018
Hey folks - I have a question about the "Review of Eligibility." My partner, the principal applicant, has received his OWP and passed his medical exam (on October 30), but there has still been no change to the "Review of Eligibility" status. It still says "We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility." Does this usually come later in the process? Is this normal? It just seems weird since its the first item on the list on ECAS. Thanks so much!!
Hi! Eligibility review starts closer to the end of the app process. I am a January 9th applicant and they have started reviewing eligibility on November 8th, which is the same day PA received eligibility passed letter.