+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Alright guys, I received my COPR today - approved and good to go.

We reached at Niagara centre about an hour in advance. They had 2 running counters and my name was the 2nd one called (so I literally first on one of the counters). The interview was at a desk, basically a person setting across the glass. No questions were asked about marriage, or work to either me or my spouse. The lady only asked us for our passports and a Canadian ID with an address that matches the application. I forgot my driving license at home (she didn't accept my OWP, as she wanted to see a non-CIC issued Canadian ID) and instead I showed her a joint bank account statement with my spouse which had our address. I asked for a change on my last arrival date on my COPR (as I had traveled after submission of my application) again without any questions asked. The lady went and reprinted the COPR with the update and I signed 2 copies of it - one for them and one for myself. She struck out my visitor visa and stamped approval on another page on my passport.

And that is it. You do not require a landing appointment as this is what this interview is. The PR card would be in the mail in 4-6 weeks, they said. We walked out in literally 5 minutes.

By the time I reached home I had a update on my application as below:

Review of eligibility: Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your background check was completed.
Final decision: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

This was followed by an approval on the table below with my PR Card # and issue date. I will post an update when I receive my PR card. So best of luck folks, any questions don't hesitate to reach out. Be prepared to the fullest though. I wish everyone has an easy breezy interview and get their COPR.

Hope this helps!

congrats!!!

Reactions: godmustbecrazy

GURI.D.CHD

Mar 5, 2014
Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP
Sept 13. 2018............................Application for PR and OWP couriered by Canada Post Express
Oct 13. 2018............................AOR received
Oct 21,2018..............................OWP file sent again as first one came back due to incomplete (missed sending full fees)

Nov 07,2018..............................Got an offer letter and Offer of Employment ID from Univ of Toronto (LMIA exempt)

What should we do now? Should we send a new packet for work permit with this offer letter and Offer of employment id? Will this be faster than OWP? OWP will come by mid of Feb (As per the current timelines). Or should we apply online for new work permit if possible?

Or should we go for Flagpolling as this is not OWP.

Pls guide.

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hi everyone!!!
I have great news- just received landing interview email!! Jan app. See timeline below. Etobicoke office.
Thanks to everyone for all of the help and support throughout this process. Wishing everyone good vibes and luck!
Amazing! Congratulations!!

Aob-Dtd

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hi everyone!!!
I have great news- just received landing interview email!! Jan app. See timeline below. Etobicoke office.
Thanks to everyone for all of the help and support throughout this process. Wishing everyone good vibes and luck!
Congrats.
December 22, 2018 applicant here.
Haven't hear anything yet.

Reactions: Can_loves_Aus