Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2015 Decision Made: 30-06-2015 PP Submitted...: 1-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015 PP Returned....: 11-08-2015
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
Hi all_iz_well. Please check your private messages. I sent you a message about police clearance from Bangladesh.

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Jan 2018 applicants, anyone else got any news?
My husband got a letter in his account for "eligibility passed" today! His account is still showing "we are reviewing your eligibility..." though. Is this normal?

I am the sponsor but I have not received anything yet.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
My husband got a letter in his account for "eligibility passed" today! His account is still showing "we are reviewing your eligibility..." though. Is this normal?

I am the sponsor but I have not received anything yet.
They just haven't updated the account yet, give it a bit of time. Congrats on passing the eligibility!

Reactions: softgothk

Tabz-94

Mar 28, 2017
Ajax
Category........
FAM
I sent my PCC and Schedule A in March 2018 using CIC webform and also recieved a confirmation from CIC in the first week of April stating that they have fowarded my documents to the requested department. My application got linked recently to mycic recently. Now, when I opened mycic account I see a letter from CIC which I recieved in Feb 2018 asking for PCC and Schedule A. After that I recieved medical request and medical tests were passed in July .

And when I check the submitted documents PCC and Schedule A says 'replacement overdue'.

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
They just haven't updated the account yet, give it a bit of time. Congrats on passing the eligibility!
Hi there- your CIC account will remain as "reviewing your eligibility" until the very end. We have decision made, waiting for interview and I also received sponsor approval and fiance received eligibility passed. This is normal :)
You'll be waiting for SA approval next or DM email, you can see my timeline below.

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hi there- your CIC account will remain as "reviewing your eligibility" until the very end. We have decision made, waiting for interview and I also received sponsor approval and fiance received eligibility passed. This is normal :)
You'll be waiting for SA approval next or DM email, you can see my timeline below.
Great, thank you!!

godmustbecrazy

Jan 31, 2018
Next wednesday. My centre is etobicoke but the interview is at the Niagara falls centre.
Alright guys, I received my COPR today - approved and good to go.

We reached at Niagara centre about an hour in advance. They had 2 running counters and my name was the 2nd one called (so I literally first on one of the counters). The interview was at a desk, basically a person setting across the glass. No questions were asked about marriage, or work to either me or my spouse. The lady only asked us for our passports and a Canadian ID with an address that matches the application. I forgot my driving license at home (she didn't accept my OWP, as she wanted to see a non-CIC issued Canadian ID) and instead I showed her a joint bank account statement with my spouse which had our address. I asked for a change on my last arrival date on my COPR (as I had traveled after submission of my application) again without any questions asked. The lady went and reprinted the COPR with the update and I signed 2 copies of it - one for them and one for myself. She struck out my visitor visa and stamped approval on another page on my passport.

And that is it. You do not require a landing appointment as this is what this interview is. The PR card would be in the mail in 4-6 weeks, they said. We walked out in literally 5 minutes.

By the time I reached home I had a update on my application as below:

Review of eligibility: Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your background check was completed.
Final decision: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

This was followed by an approval on the table below with my PR Card # and issue date. I will post an update when I receive my PR card. So best of luck folks, any questions don't hesitate to reach out. Be prepared to the fullest though. I wish everyone has an easy breezy interview and get their COPR.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

godmustbecrazy

Jan 31, 2018
For the landing interview is it required to have government ID with the same address?
This a good question. Honestly I am not sure if the answer to your question is yes, but she did tally the address on my file and the address on the document I provided. Though, I understand if your address has changed from application to date you need to notify cic. They clearly state that on the application and website (even when you open your application or review your status).

But in general an address change should not be grounds to deny PR if everything else checks out and you reach this stage in the process. If it is, thats really strict. Maybe call them and check so you can say you informed them and have some backup for clarification. Maybe even notify them of it. But call them first.

Anyone else here know of this, or been through this situation?

Last edited:

accioio

Sep 18, 2018
This a good question. Honestly I am not sure if the answer to your question is yes, but she did tally the address on my file and the address on the document I provided. Though, I understand if your address has changed from application to date you need to notify cic. They clearly state that on the application and website (even when you open your application or review your status).

But in general an address change should not be grounds to deny PR if everything else checks out and you reach this stage in the process. If it is, thats really strict. Maybe call them and check so you can say you informed them and have some backup for clarification. Maybe even notify them of it. But call them first.

Anyone else here know of this, or been through this situation?
I think my partner might be landing at an unfortunate time when we are in the process of moving and staying with family. I guess I will just try to go through the processes of changing my address to this location for that time and then changing it again when we sign a new lease where we move to, and updating it appropriately with CIC. Hopefully they don't process the application just before we move :/, but I guess I would have documentation of our lease and other documents up until the date we move and stuff so I could prove that to them.

godmustbecrazy

Jan 31, 2018
I think my partner might be landing at an unfortunate time when we are in the process of moving and staying with family. I guess I will just try to go through the processes of changing my address to this location for that time and then changing it again when we sign a new lease where we move to, and updating it appropriately with CIC. Hopefully they don't process the application just before we move :/, but I guess I would have documentation of our lease and other documents up until the date we move and stuff so I could prove that to them.

Definitely call them and check on that. If your ID's are issued to a different address, communicating to them is a no-brainer. Also keep your application's timeline in perspective - compared to other people on this forum. That should help you plan.