+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Hie, i have seen some post regarding changing processing times, some people mentioned its reduced to 10 months, where can you check this? Because when am checking on processing times at CIC, it still says 12 months. Thanks.

AdeAhmed

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Hi all,

my timeline is in another post a few pages back, but ecas has DM on both sides, while PA got the eligiblity letter and sa (me) got the approval letter as well (most recent communication, wihch came on Oct 29)

However, still no DM email/letter...how long does that usually take? Why wouldnt I have gotten it yet?

From a steps perspective, all that is left is getting the DM email/letter, and then final interview?

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hi all,

my timeline is in another post a few pages back, but ecas has DM on both sides, while PA got the eligiblity letter and sa (me) got the approval letter as well (most recent communication, wihch came on Oct 29)

However, still no DM email/letter...how long does that usually take? Why wouldnt I have gotten it yet?

From a steps perspective, all that is left is getting the DM email/letter, and then final interview?
Don't worry about it, I've seen other people in these forums who never got a DM letter, just straight to landing letter. And yes, those are the only steps left

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
travel question.
We our June applicants. Aor in August.
Mu husbane recieved his Open work permit in October and to celebrate i booked us a week trip to arizona. Now i am getting super anxious about coming back to canada. My husband has a valid visitor visa, Owp, we applied for PR. But that voice in my head is making me think "what if he cant come back?"

He never over stayed his visas no criminal records or anything. My only concern is could his employment effect it? He has a great part time job, but the job market has been poor in our city and he still hasnt found FT employment

Anyone traveled under these circumstances? Should i cancel the darn trip all together ? Any advice please!!
Honestly, no one can tell you for sure whether that's ok or not. It's up to the officer at the border and I have no idea what could be a possible reason for them not to grant entry. He does have all the documents and it'll probably be okay but there is still a tiny bit of risk. I've seen LOTS of people here who have travelled with OWP and haven't had issues. I have a valid visa, OWP and a job but I wouldn't risk leaving until I have my PR card, but that's just me! I hope you have no issues and a great vacation if you do decide to go. :)

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Wait for the email from them about paying for PR card fee, then they will inform you about a date to go there and sign the paper. You should receive the email today or tomorrow, normally no later than 3 days after DM. Congratulations!
Thanks, you are spot on!

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
I paid CAD 1040.00 when I submitted the application. Does it include RPRF (CAD 490.00) or should I pay it now?

djqueen

Jul 13, 2018
our submission date is similar to yours! see below
My timeline:

CHECK MY UPDATED STATUS BELOW!!!!

-application sent (Canada post) December 29, 2017
-application received(Mississauga)January 4,2018
-AOR received February 10,2018
Medical Request June 26, 2018
Medical Done July 7,2018
Medical Submitted by the clinic July 11,2018
Sponsor eligibility approved: October 29, 2018
ECAS status of Sponsor and Principal applicant as of October 30,2018- DECISION MADE
Principal applicant eligibility approved: October 31,2018(received by email forwarded by our agent @4:05pm)
Principal Applicant PR application completed email received november 2,2018 - waiting for the London immigration office to contact me for interview!!

djqueen

Jul 13, 2018
Hi all,

Just wait a little bit, you'll received your DM anytime this week mine was 1 day apart on SA and PA APPROVAL (OCT29 AND 0CT 31) then by november 2 i received an email that my processing of my PR application has been completed and wait for the london IRCC to contact me to arrange an appointment for the finalization of my permanent resident application. Don't worry we waited this long how much is a week to wait compare to others who got 26 months and more to process.

congrats everyone we almost done!!!