+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Update received my AIP today. Waiting on interview now. The email said this:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or

Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

Still waiting on the DM. Best of luck to everybody.
I thought it was DM. Do people receive a letter for DM?

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Sorry to say but the answer is YES. You got rejected because you are not living together which gives a clear red flag that this is a fraud marriage for PR. What you should have done was provided the same address even thou both of you are not living together. The question now is can this be corrected thou inland application?? I think obtaining a "free opinion" from an immigration lawyer will be your best bet as you now have a record that shows you guys are not cohabitating...You want to ensure getting all the correct information first before attempting another application
Wrong advice! It was not because the marriage looks like a fraude, as it was answered before by another member, the rejection of the sponsorship was due to the path that they chose to apply. Inland is for those who live together (married or common-law), she should never lie about where she lives. She should have sent an outland applicantion.

Reactions: lyn80

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
travel question.
We our June applicants. Aor in August.
Mu husbane recieved his Open work permit in October and to celebrate i booked us a week trip to arizona. Now i am getting super anxious about coming back to canada. My husband has a valid visitor visa, Owp, we applied for PR. But that voice in my head is making me think "what if he cant come back?"

He never over stayed his visas no criminal records or anything. My only concern is could his employment effect it? He has a great part time job, but the job market has been poor in our city and he still hasnt found FT employment

Anyone traveled under these circumstances? Should i cancel the darn trip all together ? Any advice please!!

loveofcanny

Oct 31, 2018
travel question.
We our June applicants. Aor in August.
Mu husbane recieved his Open work permit in October and to celebrate i booked us a week trip to arizona. Now i am getting super anxious about coming back to canada. My husband has a valid visitor visa, Owp, we applied for PR. But that voice in my head is making me think "what if he cant come back?"

He never over stayed his visas no criminal records or anything. My only concern is could his employment effect it? He has a great part time job, but the job market has been poor in our city and he still hasnt found FT employment

Anyone traveled under these circumstances? Should i cancel the darn trip all together ? Any advice please!!
No no you’re good! DO NOT cancel your trip. My partner and I went to Hawaii for two weeks in June, and he has OWP with a part time job. He has traveling visa too.. We applied for PR in Jan..you go have fun in Arizona, visit the Grand Canyon!