+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Medical requested today :D by all accounts that's pretty fast right?
Secondly, does this mean my sponsor is approved?
Thirdly, when can I expect my work permit?
Please see timeline in signature.
Thanks in advance for any insight!
Wow that's fast!! Congrats!
For 2017 timeline, OWP would take about 4 months and med request came around 6 months after app received so I don't know what your timeline will look like! Were you out of status when you applied?
Also, sponsor approval usually comes around 10,11 months after app was received. It's not approved before medical request.

Reactions: jimbo2093

jimbo2093

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Wow that's fast!! Congrats!
For 2017 timeline, OWP would take about 4 months and med request came around 6 months after app received so I don't know what your timeline will look like! Were you out of status when you applied?
Also, sponsor approval usually comes around 10,11 months after app was received. It's not approved before medical request.
Thank you, I was in status as a visitor when I applied, just submitted a copy of my ETA, landed in June so should be good until December or "implied status" until my OWP I guess. They didn't stamp my passport on the way in, I didn't want to ask for one either ;)

Very excited to see how quickly this pans out, work permit would be nice though, lot of stress on the wife as primary bread winner! I see that a lot of people get their permit around the 2 month mark after AOR, hoping i'm the same.

djqueen

Jul 13, 2018
[
Hello everyone , any updates for inland January folks???? Looking at Dec applicants, it seems like most of the applications are getting landing letter requests in about 10 months mark .
Any early lucky ones for January who received SA, AIP or even DM ???
January here got our DM message from ECAS at the same time sponsor approval, now waiting for the principal applicant approved email from cic.

GURI.D.CHD

Mar 5, 2014
Firstly, what is her status?
Because (from guide 5553):
Note: If your application is rejected as “incomplete”, it is considered to have never been submitted and therefore you would not benefit from ‘implied status’. If you reapply after your current status has expired, you will need to apply for restoration of status. See the section Restoration of Status.

With inland applications there is a risk with flagpolling if she is denied entry into Canada. This could cause the PR application to be rejected because if she is denied entry to Canada, then she is no longer fulfilling the cohabitation requirement of the application.

Also, from guide 5553:
If you have applied to extend your work permit and plan to travel outside Canada while your application is in process, you can leave and come back. However, one of three things will happen when you return to Canada:

• If we haven’t made a decision on your work permit, you may be allowed to come back to Canada as a visitor. If this is the case, you can’t work until you get your new work permit. The officer at the port of entry may ask you to prove that you have enough money to support yourself in Canada.
  • You may be allowed to come back to Canada as a worker, if the officer at the port of entry determines that we issued your work permit while you were away.
  • You may be asked to apply for a new work permit at the port of entry.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html#5553E2
Thanks for your inputs. She is on TRV visa. She came here on September 3rd 2018. She will be in status till Feb 2018.
As you suggested, we will not go to flagpolling then.

Can we send her offer letter to visa office? will that help in faster processing?

GURI.D.CHD

Mar 5, 2014
Firstly, what is her status?
Because (from guide 5553):
Note: If your application is rejected as “incomplete”, it is considered to have never been submitted and therefore you would not benefit from ‘implied status’. If you reapply after your current status has expired, you will need to apply for restoration of status. See the section Restoration of Status.

With inland applications there is a risk with flagpolling if she is denied entry into Canada. This could cause the PR application to be rejected because if she is denied entry to Canada, then she is no longer fulfilling the cohabitation requirement of the application.

Also, from guide 5553:
If you have applied to extend your work permit and plan to travel outside Canada while your application is in process, you can leave and come back. However, one of three things will happen when you return to Canada:

• If we haven’t made a decision on your work permit, you may be allowed to come back to Canada as a visitor. If this is the case, you can’t work until you get your new work permit. The officer at the port of entry may ask you to prove that you have enough money to support yourself in Canada.
  • You may be allowed to come back to Canada as a worker, if the officer at the port of entry determines that we issued your work permit while you were away.
  • You may be asked to apply for a new work permit at the port of entry.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html#5553E2
Also, how can I link PR and OWP application? do we need to call them or can we do at our own?

dapak14

Jun 22, 2018
Hi Guys,

I received a medical request yesterday. Im an august 2018 inland applicant. Though no OWP update yet :( Just want to know if anyone here who applied and lived in edmonton area, can you recommend a clinic for medical exam and how much is the fee?

TIA.

Reactions: jimbo2093

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Also, how can I link PR and OWP application? do we need to call them or can we do at our own?
Once you get your AOR, it'll will tell you how on the letter. You can also make an account on MyCIC then you'll see in your Home to link applications.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi Guys,

I received a medical request yesterday. Im an august 2018 inland applicant. Though no OWP update yet :( Just want to know if anyone here who applied and lived in edmonton area, can you recommend a clinic for medical exam and how much is the fee?

TIA.
I noticed that medical requests are received prior to OWP now and then there are several people still waiting.

I went to Dominion Medical at 111st. It was around $400. Call them and make an appointment. Ask them what you need to bring and the fee. The xray and lab are done across the street. They will only take cash. Take change with you. They were really quick. My status on MyCIC changed to passed in less than a week.

loveofcanny

Oct 31, 2018
Does anyone have the same timeline as I do?
  • Application received (Canada post tracking info): Jan 8th 2018
  • Application link'd/submitted as shown on mycic : Feb 15th 2018
  • Medical request: June 27th 2018
  • Medical passed: Aug 10th 2018
  • DM letter: in progress

Reactions: djqueen

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
our submission date is similar to yours! see below

Galch-os

Jul 6, 2018
Hi, my app was received a day after yours. Timeline is in my signature block