+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

aliciahud

Jul 25, 2018
Hi, I'm a March applicant. My OWP was approved online on June 22nd. I'm waiting for actual permit to arrive by mail. Been checking daily! :) You will be seeing your approval soon, fingers crossed!
Hey!
How long did it take for your OWP to come in the mail?
Mine was approved online yesterday and my current work permit expires on the 18th so my boss wants me to be away from work as little as possible

Kwadwo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Hey!
How long did it take for your OWP to come in the mail?
Mine was approved online yesterday and my current work permit expires on the 18th so my boss wants me to be away from work as little as possible
It takes a week to arrive. What your timeline?

Diana2018

May 9, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-03-2018
Hi there
I am March Applicant, i got the Medical Exam Request on Aug 30, 2018 and did the Medical Exam on Sept 8, 2018.
Till now i didnt got any message about if i passed and when i login to my account its saying now:

Review of medical results
We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below for details.

I did call the Medical Center and they told me that they did send the Medical Exam on Sept 22, 2018 to IRCC, she also did send me a copy for proof if needed. Slowly but surely i get worried, should i call IRCC or could i upload this document somewhere? I didnt found any upload option in my account.

Had anyone a problem like this? :(

Ldonasci

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
Med's Request
03-10-2017
Hi there
I am March Applicant, i got the Medical Exam Request on Aug 30, 2018 and did the Medical Exam on Sept 8, 2018.
Till now i didnt got any message about if i passed and when i login to my account its saying now:

Review of medical results
We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below for details.

I did call the Medical Center and they told me that they did send the Medical Exam on Sept 22, 2018 to IRCC, she also did send me a copy for proof if needed. Slowly but surely i get worried, should i call IRCC or could i upload this document somewhere? I didnt found any upload option in my account.

Had anyone a problem like this? :(
Contact IRCC via the web form and attach the file you have. It takes around 10 days for them to asnwer but it should help. You can also try to call them, try to reach them early in the morning this way you’ll be able to reach and talk to someone.

The web form link is on your CIC account panel after you log in.

Hope it helps

Reactions: Diana2018

Diana2018

May 9, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-03-2018
Contact IRCC via the web form and attach the file you have. It takes around 10 days for them to asnwer but it should help. You can also try to call them, try to reach them early in the morning this way you’ll be able to reach and talk to someone.

The web form link is on your CIC account panel after you log in.

Hope it helps
Thank you so much for your reply, i will directly go login and look for the link, i didnt found anything but maybe i just did look at the wrong place.

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
my application was received in Mississauga ON this morning.... then im worried that my application will be returned, all documents were prepared by myself (didnt use rep.), so i worried if i did something wrong then will be returned ... omg scared...

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
my application was received in Mississauga ON this morning.... then im worried that my application will be returned, all documents were prepared by myself (didnt use rep.), so i worried if i did something wrong then will be returned ... omg scared...
Since you’ve already submitted it, all you can do is wait. Worrying about it will make the waiting worse. Be patient, in due time, you’ll receive your AOR. :)

Reactions: baimmeb

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Since you’ve already submitted it, all you can do is wait. Worrying about it will make the waiting worse. Be patient, in due time, you’ll receive your AOR. :)
Hi im not sure if you know about this... I just checked my supporting photos submitted, the checklist says max 20 of photos taken different times and places.... as me and my partner didnt have many travel photos together (all selfies ), so i only provided 10 wedding photos. would that be something that CIC might return my application??? Thanks...

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Hi im not sure if you know about this... I just checked my supporting photos submitted, the checklist says max 20 of photos taken different times and places.... as me and my partner didnt have many travel photos together (all selfies ), so i only provided 10 wedding photos. would that be something that CIC might return my application??? Thanks...
I don’t think they’ll return your application for that matter. However, you might get asked to provide more photos as they process your application. If they’re convinced you and your partner are in a genuine relationship, the photos you have submitted may even suffice. Again, don’r dread too much. You’ve done your part. Let IRCC do theirs. :)

Reactions: baimmeb

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
I received my CSQ today (for Quebec applicants)

jellyfly

Apr 6, 2017
Inland
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
Updates my timeline:

PR & OWP Application Sent Out - Sep 20, 2018
Application Delivered - Sep 24, 2018
AOR - Oct 19, 2018

Tabby777

Oct 19, 2018
Hello Everyone!
New member here.
We got our AOR in April.
Today we got that he passed the medical! Yaaay.
He was out of status at the time of the application but we still applied for the OWP. We haven't received any word on it :(.
We submitted Schedule A at the time of the application, and on our online IRCC account (is ECAS still thing?, should I get an ECAS profile?) it says "Background check not applicable", what does that mean really?
What do you think the next communication from them will be and how long before they do?

Last edited:

xHinax

Apr 6, 2018
Canada
More updates!
Here's my timeline and In depth of what my account and notes are saying. The BOLD represents what has recently changed.

December 13th 2017 - App Received.
AOR - January 22 2018
PCC Request - Jan 26th 2018
PCC Uploaded - Feb 13th 2018
Background check running - June 12th 2018 to present
Med and Schedule A request - June 12th 2018
Med Passed, Schedule A accepted - July 31st 2018
Eligibility Passed Letter - October 16th 2018
AIP: October 18th 2018
DM: October 18th 2018
Interview Email Received: October 19th 2018

Application/profile details

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

ECAS/Online services:

Decision Made <-- clicked into Decision Made, and it says:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 13, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on October 15, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on January 26, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on June 12, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on June 12, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you correspondence on June 15, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. Medical results have been received.

I hope this helps anyone out there in the future. I got the heads up via email that I should be expecting in the mail my interview time and date in London. Hope it comes fast! I'm ready to land!

Last edited: