+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hey there everyone! I am a March 2nd applicant, got my medical request a couple of days ago and also got a fingerprints request from RCMP... I have submitted my PCC from country of origin along with the application but they asking for this now, so just confused as to how it works because they wrote in letter to get fingerprints electronically and agency will send them to RCMP. . What agency? And doesn't the police service do it themselves? I am confused, hope someone can help. Also wanted to know if they check for substances in blood, I had pot a week ago and I know that it stays in body for a while... I am not a regular smoker at all, but the timing couldn't be worse. Please let me know if they do the urine test also or if they do blood tests for cannabis? Really don't want this to effect the application :(
The medical exam does not test for substances. There’s only a few things they are looking for and substance use is not one of them. Marijuana is tested for in Urine and I don’t remember them doing a urine test anyways. But regardless, it is not what they are testing for. I think they are on the look out for HIV, Tb and maybe Syphillis in particular

Reactions: Cherry Kola

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
The medical exam does not test for substances. There’s only a few things they are looking for and substance use is not one of them. Marijuana is tested for in Urine and I don’t remember them doing a urine test anyways. But regardless, it is not what they are testing for. I think they are on the look out for HIV, Tb and maybe Syphillis in particular
You do need to give a urine sample. But specifically, yes, they look for HIV, Syphilis, and TB (via chest xrays). Not sure what they do with the urine, but you do have to give it.

Koobee2a

Star Member
May 31, 2018
My application was returned for the hand signature missing in this form. We initially sent on April 24th. Application got returned on May 29th. I signed and sent it back on May 30th. Sorry to say, but you just have to wait for the application to get returned then sign it and send it back.

Patience is going to be your key here. Since that's what I am doing now.
I read in one of your comment that you waited for 43 days before getting AOR. Was it after u sent it back to them the second time?

Koobee2a

Star Member
May 31, 2018
My application was returned for the hand signature missing in this form. We initially sent on April 24th. Application got returned on May 29th. I signed and sent it back on May 30th. Sorry to say, but you just have to wait for the application to get returned then sign it and send it back.

Patience is going to be your key here. Since that's what I am doing now.
Can you send me your checklist? So I could see how u filled it. I can provide u with me email if u want.

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
I read in one of your comment that you waited for 43 days before getting AOR. Was it after u sent it back to them the second time?
Yes that's right, it was after we sent it back the second time. The initial period is of no use and will not be accounted unfortunately.

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Can you send me your checklist? So I could see how u filled it. I can provide u with me email if u want.
Sorry, I don't have a soft copy of the checklist. But what I did was, I endured whatever was there in checklist was present in the forms the second time.

jelbelle

Mar 12, 2018
Congrats !

Had you submitted PCC and schedule A in advance? Was there any communication from IRCC before getting the medical request except the AOR?

I am kinda started getting worried now. My application received on March 13th and portal still says " Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
Hi,

I sent my PPC and schedule A with my initial application. I did not see any changes on my account until they issued my OWP in June and then I heard nothing again until August 30 when I received my medical request and also noticed it said they were reviewing my background check. I hope this helps.

Koobee2a

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Sorry guys, at this point I need help. Will anyone Volunteer to send me a copy of their checklist for both Applicant or sponsor so I could have an idea on bow to fill them? I just wanna start preparing a new application

Cherry Kola

Aug 28, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Med's Request
15-08-2018
Med's Done....
28-08-2018
Thanks for your reply! What did you have to bring; passport, IMM 1017E form, anything else?
Passport, IMM form, canadian passport photo ( you can get it done at shopper drug Mart , staples, etc), the clinic that you choose will specify to you how many is required and it is per applicant and dependant doing the medical test . You also have to bring any medication that you are taking at the appointment.

That is all we had to bring!

brooklette

Sep 9, 2015
Hey, I got my medical done on the 24th August with a panel physician. Just wondering if anyone knows on average how long it would take for IRCC to ge the results? I’m in Toronto so I’m assuming it make be a little longer.

rajneesh1987

Aug 19, 2018
Cover Letter For Inland Spouse sponsorship and open work permit application.

Dear Officer,

My name is XXXXXX. I am XXXX Citizen and carry XXXX Passport. Currently I am in Canada on Visitor Visa to visit my husband (XXXXX) who is Canadian Citizen. I am enjoying Canada and would like to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency along with the open work permit.

Following are the attached documents to support my application:

a) Document Checklist (IMM 5533)

Part A -Forms

1) Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)

2) Application Fee receipt of 1040 CAD dollars

3) Generic Application Form For Canada (IMM 0008)

4) Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)

5) Schedule A- Background/ Declaration (IMM 5669)

6) Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5532)

Part B -Supporting documents

Supporting documents from Sponsor

1) Copy of Citizenship Certificate

2) Original letter of employment from current employer

3) Copy of most recent notice of assessment for year 2017

Supporting documents from Sponsored Person (Principal Applicant)

1) Identity and Travel Documents

· Copy of First and Last page of XXXXX passport

· Copy of Passport page which bear an entry stamp made by Canadian authority

· Copy of Visitor Visa as proof of status in Canada

2) Country specific requirement for India: I was not able to obtain birth certificate from Indian authority. To support my date of birth proof, I have attached an affidavit, photocopy of Matriculation Certificate and original National Identity card (Aadhaar Card)

3) Copy of Marriage Certificate issued by government authorities from Punjab, India

4) Original Police Clearance certificate issued by Consulate General of India

5) 2 photos

6) Proof of Relationship to Sponsor

2 Proofs of me and Sponsor living together in Canada

· First Proof: Copy of XXXX Joint bank account between me and my sponsor

· Second Proof: I am unable to provide second proof as I came to Canada on XXXXX and it was not possible for me to arrange a document within this short time. To further support evidence of cohabitation between me and my sponsor, following documents are attached:

Ø Travel insurance policy issued to me from XXXX with same address mentioned as my sponsor address

Ø Copy of Sponsor driver license with the same address

Ø Copy of XXXX joint phone bill for me and my sponsor with the same address

Photos to Support of Relationship

· 6 photos of engagement

· 9 photos of Marriage

· 2 photos of Customary celebrations ( 1 photo at applicant house and 1 photo at Sponsar house)

· 2 photos of XXXX Honeymoon

· 1 photo of Toronto downtown and 1 photo of Niagara Falls outing

2 Proof to prove our relationship is genuine

· First Proof: Copy of life event from Facebook

· Second Proof: I am unable to obtain second proof as I came to Canada on XXXX and it will take time to reflect changes in the system like Joint RRSP account, joint employment benefits. But to prove our relationship is genuine, following documents are attached:

Ø Copy of online booking from Yatra.com for our honeymoon in XXXX where we both are mentioned as Travellers and the amount paid for the trip

Ø Original Marriage Card

b) Work Permit Application

Kindly let me know if you need any further information, I will be happy to assist you. You can reach me on Cell: XXXXXX or Email: XXXXXXX

Yours Sincerely,

Note: Please always check online if there is anything changed. All the forms i have mentioned above are as per the requirements of August 2018 application. Open work permit fee is 255 CAD.