+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

jimbo2093

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Hi all, I'm new! As it is always nice to browse through and look at everyone's timeline I thought I would post mine...

Applied for PR and OWP I am the applicant, my Canadian wife is sponsoring me.

Application received at Mississauga 2018/08/02
AOR 2018/08/29

Very happy and relieved thus far, quick for AOR too!

Reactions: Jaime C

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hello, I scheduled my appointment online, and the website stated:
$ 200.00 - physical exam
$ 80.00 - X Ray
$ 8.00-40.00 - Labs
So, once I am there, I will know my total, depending on labs fee.
Awesome, that’s about the same. I just called my doctor back as well, and everything was included. Monday I’ll road trip to Vancouver for 8 hours, so awesome that we’re kinda halfway once we’re through the medical!!

Cherry Kola

Aug 28, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Med's Request
15-08-2018
Med's Done....
28-08-2018
Awesome, that’s about the same. I just called my doctor back as well, and everything was included. Monday I’ll road trip to Vancouver for 8 hours, so awesome that we’re kinda halfway once we’re through the medical!!
We did the medical 2 days ago and it cost 285$ per person in Toronto, physical exam, chest x-ray rays, urine sample and blood samples, it took 3 hours all facilities in the same place, so make sure the mobile as enough battery... It can be long otherwise...

The tests were basic, I have no idea why it needs to be a specific panel physician, sincerely I think the family doctor we have here in Canada could have done a better job .

Anyway , hope for the best.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
We did the medical 2 days ago and it cost 285$ per person in Toronto, physical exam, chest x-ray rays, urine sample and blood samples, it took 3 hours all facilities in the same place, so make sure the mobile as enough battery... It can be long otherwise...

The tests were basic, I have no idea why it needs to be a specific panel physician, sincerely I think the family doctor we have here in Canada could have done a better job .

Interesting, it was $398 in Alberta.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
I hope my owp app doesn't get returned. On question 1, what are you applying for? I selected work permit for new employer and restoration of status as a worker. Also paid a total fee of 355 instead of 255. Fingers crossed, I'm kinda upset.
I think they definitely shouldn't send back the app because you paid too much. Too little, understandable, but not for too much. I just don't know how they go about refunding you and all that.

As for the question, it's been almost seven months since I applied, so I don't remember exactly what I put on the forms anymore, sorry.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Interesting, it was $398 in Alberta.
Right!? I phoned the clinics in Edmonton and also tried Red Deer. All of them charge around $400. Craaazy expensive. However, they sent the results right away and within a week, my account showed that I passed my medical exam. No longer complaining. Haha

Reactions: np08 and Moek90

Koobee2a

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Hi all, I'm new! As it is always nice to browse through and look at everyone's timeline I thought I would post mine...

Applied for PR and OWP I am the applicant, my Canadian wife is sponsoring me.

Application received at Mississauga 2018/08/02
AOR 2018/08/29

Very happy and relieved thus far, quick for AOR too!
You are lucky. I am still waiting for AOR. I submitted my application on July 31

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Right!? I phoned the clinics in Edmonton and also tried Red Deer. All of them charge around $400. Craaazy expensive. However, they sent the results right away and within a week, my account showed that I passed my medical exam. No longer complaining. Haha
Wish it only cost $400 in NL. Costs of my wife’s medical was:

$175 for the physical exam
$100 for bloods
$300 for x Ray

Total cost $575! There was only one place that does the medical here and they send you off to the local hospital for the tests, hence so expensive!

But whatever the cost all worth it now she is a PR!

Koobee2a

Star Member
May 31, 2018
I just figured now that I didn't hand sign the IMM 5669 form? I only electronically signed my name. Will the whole application be returned?

may_dec

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Fredericton, NB
Category........
FAM

Out of curiosity, which clinic did you visit ? I like the idea that it's all in one place.

maks929

May 26, 2018
Hey there everyone! I am a March 2nd applicant, got my medical request a couple of days ago and also got a fingerprints request from RCMP... I have submitted my PCC from country of origin along with the application but they asking for this now, so just confused as to how it works because they wrote in letter to get fingerprints electronically and agency will send them to RCMP. . What agency? And doesn't the police service do it themselves? I am confused, hope someone can help. Also wanted to know if they check for substances in blood, I had pot a week ago and I know that it stays in body for a while... I am not a regular smoker at all, but the timing couldn't be worse. Please let me know if they do the urine test also or if they do blood tests for cannabis? Really don't want this to effect the application :(

MMPL

Nov 24, 2015
Hi, I applied in April 2018. I did not get a medical request from CIC. Can I complete My medical test before I get a request from CIC? If yes then after my medical test How can I submit a medical report to CIC?

Cherry Kola

Aug 28, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Med's Request
15-08-2018
Med's Done....
28-08-2018
Out of curiosity, which clinic did you visit ? I like the idea that it's all in one place.
www.visadoctor.ca. You send them an email and their reply is fast ( from my experience) and you need to reply fast as well They are quite busy.

Every patients at that clinic appears to come for the medical + the staff is super use to it. Honestly it ease the process alot.