+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
@iamvenus hi! i just want to thank you for your help when i was starting our applicaton. i hope to get the extension and owp approved. we just received aor. do you know whats next?

Mischa90

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Yesterday at 9:27 AM

am i able to use health insurance of my spouse even if i didnt become pr ?
Depends on the province and their policy.

is anyone know where to check this in toronto?
According to this only if she gets a full time job.

"Closed and Open Work Permits
Temporary foreign workers who hold a valid work permit may be eligible for OHIP coverage. The worker must be employed full-time for an employer in Ontario for a minimum of 6 months"

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/temp_foreign.aspx

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hello fellow forum members
Question for you guys - do you know if I can log into the ecas with the application number along with applicant details - and it shows “in process” that everything sent was ok and it won’t be returned?!
Thanks for your feedback!!
I believe that is correct.

Reactions: Reetypd

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
@iamvenus hi! i just want to thank you for your help when i was starting our applicaton. i hope to get the extension and owp approved. we just received aor. do you know whats next?
You're welcome.

Were you able to link your application, both sponsorship and owp? Next would be waiting for the requests like for a medical exam. That'll be like halfway through the process. It's all waiting. Haha

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
You're welcome.

Were you able to link your application, both sponsorship and owp? Next would be waiting for the requests like for a medical exam. That'll be like halfway through the process. It's all waiting. Haha

hey i have linked my sponsorship but the owp i cannot link it yet i dunno why. i will try in the coming days. anyway i did a medical exam february last this year and sent it together with the application. so on the cic account and ecas it says medical passed. yes waiting waiting. have you been working?

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
hey i have linked my sponsorship but the owp i cannot link it yet i dunno why. i will try in the coming days. anyway i did a medical exam february last this year and sent it together with the application. so on the cic account and ecas it says medical passed. yes waiting waiting. have you been working?
Yes, the OWP app is a little tricky to link. Not currently working because I have a 6mo plus I'm restricted to work in healthcare where I was already working. Haha So, I'm just hoping for the best that I'll get my PR by the end of the year.

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Yes, the OWP app is a little tricky to link. Not currently working because I have a 6mo plus I'm restricted to work in healthcare where I was already working. Haha So, I'm just hoping for the best that I'll get my PR by the end of the year.
oh okay so ill wait for the linking a couple weeks more. hopefully this is going to go thru.

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Hello fellow forum members
Question for you guys - do you know if I can log into the ecas with the application number along with applicant details - and it shows “in process” that everything sent was ok and it won’t be returned?!
Thanks for your feedback!!
Hie.. can you please tell me whats the application no to use while checking on ECAS ( i mean where is application no mentioned) because we have also sent second time .

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hie.. can you please tell me whats the application no to use while checking on ECAS ( i mean where is application no mentioned) because we have also sent second time .
I was actually told our application number by the agent when we called IRCC. Before that we didn’t know our number and the only number we had was our receipt number for our payment made.
I have to say though that it depends so much on the agent you speak to since some won’t even bother to check your information if you are before the 4-6 week period before they send out the AOR.
Hope that helps

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
Reactions: ConfusedJ

Japonesa

Jun 6, 2018
Hello everyone!
i would like to ask if...

Ive already sent a police certificate to cic together with pr&owp application.
I got it last feb 16-ish (if my memory serves me right) from my home country. That was before i came to canada, i arrived feb 22 and the application was received by cic on may 25.

Do you think they would ask again for another pcc? It will take 2-3 months to get it from my home country(japan) through the consulate.

Any advice will be super helpful.

Thanks in advance

tashi0001

May 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-01-2018
Doc's Request.
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
16-02-2018
File Transfer...
03-07-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
09-07-2018
Hello everyone!

I got it last feb 16-ish (if my memory serves me right) from my home country. That was before i came to canada, i arrived feb 22 and the application was received by cic on may 25.

Do you think they would ask again for another pcc? It will take 2-3 months to get it from my home country(japan) through the consulate.

Thanks in advance
Hi Japonesa,

I believe if you have not gone back to your home country IRCC would not ask you to resubmit your PCC as it would be still valid. I have submitted my application on Jan 15 2018. I got the request for PCC and Schedule A right after i received AOR(as i did not submit PCC with app).

If you have received AOR and Schedule A request. Its likely that your PCC is valid and next would be medical.

Reactions: Japonesa

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance
When we submittedy my wife’s app in August 2017 we sent in a police certificate from her home country that was obtained over 18 months earlier ( she was in Canada during that time and before the date of the PCC). We were never asked for another PCC. She is now a PR!

So I say you should be fine, worst case they can do is ask for a new one but I wouldn’t spend money on another unless asked.

edinera

Apr 16, 2016
Hi,

Im a PR and my husband is in his open work permit in canada. His work permit is expiring in novemeber 2018.
So can i apply for his bridging work permit along with the PR application ? Are bridging work permits allowed for applicants applying under the spousal sponsorship program ?

Please advise.
Thanks,