+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Do you know roughly how many months it will take? We have travel plans early next year, hopefully everything is complete by that time.
The whole process takes about 1 year. If you look at the 2017 forum some are taking even longer. If i were you i wouldn't put too much pressure on your application process being complete in exactly one year.

marpou

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Northern Manitoba
Hello! February 8th applicant here.

A couple weeks ago, I went to get a medical exam done, as I want to get the restrictions removed from my OWP. I never formally received a medical request from CIC in regards to my PR application, but upon logging into my account today, I can see that under my PR application it says that my medical exam is passed. I never actually uploaded anything in regards to my medical exam, so I'm happy to see that it seems like they automatically got the files - probably because the doctor used eMedical :) Anyways, I am now trying to figure out how to actually get my restrictions removed - I thought it was by applying to "change the conditions" of my Work Permit (IMM5710e), but there's nothing like that in the form - the only options are for me to pick that I'm applying for a new Work Permit either for the first time or with a neew employer, applying for a work permit with the same employer, restoring my status as a worker, or getting a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only).

Is anybody here have experience with getting their restrictions removed? How am I supposed to fill out this form for that?

riffraff9

Oct 17, 2015
just go to the immigration at pearson airport, they will give you new owp with no restrictions. i did that last year, i wait less than 20 min. if you do it on line, its said that processing time is 3 4 months,

marthaneo20

Aug 14, 2018
Hi Everyone.
I applied for SOWP visa online for my wife on 3rd july. And i am holding a student visa. There is no update since. Can anyone help me out about processing time and whats going to happen?
thank you.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
just go to the immigration at pearson airport, they will give you new owp with no restrictions. i did that last year, i wait less than 20 min. if you do it on line, its said that processing time is 3 4 months,
Hello,
Please let us know if you just went to the airport without any airplane tickets for travel. I don't want to travel, but would like to get new OWP without restrictions.
Thank you.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Hello! February 8th applicant here.

A couple weeks ago, I went to get a medical exam done, as I want to get the restrictions removed from my OWP. I never formally received a medical request from CIC in regards to my PR application, but upon logging into my account today, I can see that under my PR application it says that my medical exam is passed. I never actually uploaded anything in regards to my medical exam, so I'm happy to see that it seems like they automatically got the files - probably because the doctor used eMedical :) Anyways, I am now trying to figure out how to actually get my restrictions removed - I thought it was by applying to "change the conditions" of my Work Permit (IMM5710e), but there's nothing like that in the form - the only options are for me to pick that I'm applying for a new Work Permit either for the first time or with a neew employer, applying for a work permit with the same employer, restoring my status as a worker, or getting a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only).

Is anybody here have experience with getting their restrictions removed? How am I supposed to fill out this form for that?
My wife and I flagpoled at the port of entry (border on land). We chose Thousand Islands due to less traffic and good chance of not repaying the OWP fee. (we're in Ontario). My wife's OWP successfully got renewed with the restrictions removed. Be sure to bring your passport, original OWP, and medical report with IMEI number showing. Someone else said to do at the airport, they only do that if you're flying.

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

marpou

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Northern Manitoba
My wife and I flagpoled at the port of entry (border on land). We chose Thousand Islands due to less traffic and good chance of not repaying the OWP fee. (we're in Ontario). My wife's OWP successfully got renewed with the restrictions removed. Be sure to bring your passport, original OWP, and medical report with IMEI number showing. Someone else said to do at the airport, they only do that if you're flying.
Oh, I see! The flagpoling isn’t frowned upon at all? And how did you guys do it - did you just show up at the border and explain the situation, or...? I’m just confused because most people in this forum seem to think it’s not a good idea to leave the country, as there is a risk you not getting back in and your entire PR application being canceled.

marpou

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Northern Manitoba
Yesterday at 9:27 AM

am i able to use health insurance of my spouse even if i didnt become pr ?
Depends on the province and their policy.

is anyone know where to check this in toronto?
When you get the OWP, I believe you will become eligible for the free provincial health insurance. As for your spouse’s insurance, I guess it depends on where he gets his insurance - you two should contact the insurance company for that information.

yaya2016

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
AOR Received.
09-03-2018
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
08-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
Hello, I saw you have two AOR? We only have one which was issue to sponsor, but applicant received med request already, is this normal?

riffraff9

Oct 17, 2015
not true. immigration on airport is in section before exit and you dont need to fly and you dont need ticket you dont need nothing. i was done in less than 20 min.
funny part is that i was heading to niagara to do the flag pole like everyone on forums haved written, but i just use my brain and ask myself, why i shouldnt i go to to closest border instead? airport. and it worked purrrfectily

Last edited:

marpou

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Northern Manitoba
not true. immigration on airport is in section before exit and you dont need to fly and you dont need ticket you dont need nothing. i was done in less than 20 min.
funny part is that i was heading to niagara to do the flag pole like everyone on forums haved written, but i just use my brain and ask myself, why i shouldnt i go to to closest border instead? airport. and it worked purrrfectily
Wow, that sounds awesome! Do you think it’s like that at all international airports in Canada? I’m just quite far from Toronto (I’m in Manitoba).

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hello fellow forum members
Question for you guys - do you know if I can log into the ecas with the application number along with applicant details - and it shows “in process” that everything sent was ok and it won’t be returned?!
Thanks for your feedback!!