+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

tommybahamah7

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Usually three to four months from when you sent in the application. So then two-three months from AOR.
Thank u so much for your reply .. just want to know, can I travel home to USA before or after I get my OWP or I can’t travel at all till I get my PR... please advice...?!

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Thank u so much for your reply .. just want to know, can I travel home to USA before or after I get my OWP or I can’t travel at all till I get my PR... please advice...?!
For people applying inland, it's always advised not to travel until they get their PR, unless they really have to. The reason for this is that if you're denied entry to Canada upon your return (for any reason at all), your application is automatically cancelled and you have to start all over again.

Since you're American, your process will most probably be faster than average so your wait will be shorter in that sense as well. Whatsmore, outland American applications are processed within 6 months these days so outland is usually a better option for you guys too. I would also wager that your chances of being denied entry to Canada as an American are lower, but all it takes is one immigration agent having a bad day to ruin yours.

So basically, the standard advice is if you really don't have to, don't travel.

Reactions: CdnwifeUSwife

tommybahamah7

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
For people applying inland, it's always advised not to travel until they get their PR, unless they really have to. The reason for this is that if you're denied entry to Canada upon your return (for any reason at all), your application is automatically cancelled and you have to start all over again.

Since you're American, your process will most probably be faster than average so your wait will be shorter in that sense as well. Whatsmore, outland American applications are processed within 6 months these days so outland is usually a better option for you guys too. I would also wager that your chances of being denied entry to Canada as an American are lower, but all it takes is one immigration agent having a bad day to ruin yours.

Thank u so much man for the honest reply...

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM

I have heard from someone that u could get authuraization from immigration to travel after u get your OWP
As stated previously, you can travel BUT in an event that you are denied entry into Canada once you come back (it's always up to the CBSA, not immigration), your sponsorship application will then be cancelled.

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Can I get your guys’ advice please!
I’ve sent the application (for the second time now) for my husbands PR + OWP which was received on July 3.
Called CIC and they said they are working on June 20th (application receipt date)
While others on this forum whose application was received on the same day and some later have received their AOR.
Any insight on this and is it that the reps on the phone just give any information without really knowing or even checking?
Thanks for any input! This whole process is just terrifying since the wait is so long.

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Can I get your guys’ advice please!
I’ve sent the application (for the second time now) for my husbands PR + OWP which was received on July 3.
Called CIC and they said they are working on June 20th (application receipt date)
While others on this forum whose application was received on the same day and some later have received their AOR.
Any insight on this and is it that the reps on the phone just give any information without really knowing or even checking?
Thanks for any input! This whole process is just terrifying since the wait is so long.
Hi there,

We also went through the same situation. At this point of time there is nothing much we can do apart from being patient. As per your dates you are still within the 50 days timeline (please consider that there was also a long weekend in August). So hopefully you should be getting the AOR pretty soon. May be on Wednesday, you can try calling CIC again and ask them to let you know if your application got accepted or not.

Everything happens for good. We just have to stay and think Positive.