AOR Received.
16-02-2018
File Transfer...
03-07-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
09-07-2018
I am asking the same question , do I have to like the OWP too or only PR... ? Please replay... thanks
You can link your OWP too. Follow the same process u followed to link PR.
Few things you need to change :

What Program did you apply for ?

Category : Temporary Residence

Sub-category : Work permit and extension

Application Details

You can select according to information you have.

And the usual required personal information.

What type of work permit are you applying for : Open(initial application or extension)

Fill Current country of residence and Marital status

And Which situation applies to the application : Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada

tommybahamah7

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
You can link your OWP too. Follow the same process u followed to link PR.
Few things you need to change :

What Program did you apply for ?

Category : Temporary Residence

Sub-category : Work permit and extension

Application Details

You can select according to information you have.

And the usual required personal information.

What type of work permit are you applying for : Open(initial application or extension)

Fill Current country of residence and Marital status

And Which situation applies to the application : Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada
Thanks alots.. will let u know ... much appreciate it.

Reactions: tashi0001

Rahel1986

Jun 15, 2018
I (sponsor) got our AOR.
Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP
June 29 2018
- Application sent.(Police check certificated and Schedule A submitted upfront)
July 03 2018 - Application delivered to Processing Centre.
Aug 09 2018 - AOR

Client Application Status
Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXX XXXXX on July 3, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on August 9, 2018.

Last edited:

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Question. I am a Canadian citizen and sponsored my spouse for PR. Sent Application in March. In April our son was born. Our application states several times that we were expecting and we know he’s a Canadian citizen because he was born in Canada. Is there any reason to notify CIC of his birth ? In the application instructions it stated that they needed any children’s birth certificates just to con

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Oops. Just to confirm his citizenship, and That if we didn’t include it, our application would not be returned. So I’m wondering if there is any reason to notify them. It sounds like a real pain to contact them over the phone.

tommybahamah7

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Oops. Just to confirm his citizenship, and That if we didn’t include it, our application would not be returned. So I’m wondering if there is any reason to notify them. It sounds like a real pain to contact them over the phone.
I think it doesn’t matter to inform them,, he is Canadian anyway...

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
I would absolutely contact them.

First of all, just because they know she was pregnant, doesn't mean there will be children 100%. Women miscarry all the time. I also think the fact that she now has a child with you would also probably help your case in terms of proving that the relationship is genuine. Not to mention that I'd be scared of misrepresentation. You're warned to immediately notify if anything major changes. I think birth of a child counts as that.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
I am just wondering , how long it will take to OWP after receiving AOR,,, please somebody help... thanks.
Usually three to four months from when you sent in the application. So then two-three months from AOR.

mrezanejad

Nov 8, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I am very new to this forum and I have a question that I was wondering if anyone can help me with. We are on the following timeline:
Application received: June 18, 2018
AOR: July 27, 2018
Since we are from Quebec, we should also receive a letter of invitation to apply for CSQ. Apparently, this letter has been sent out to me on Aug. 3rd, but I have never received that. I contacted CIC and they said they have either emailed me or mailed me (physically). I have no clue what to do now, I have received neither a mail nor an email from CIC and I do not know what do. I asked the agent to send me the letter once again and she said they would that but again there is email.

I check mycic (it is already linked), and there is no message there. Have anyone had a similar experience?

Hummingbird876

Feb 8, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hi Everyone,
I am very new to this forum and I have a question that I was wondering if anyone can help me with. We are on the following timeline:
Application received: June 18, 2018
AOR: July 27, 2018
Since we are from Quebec, we should also receive a letter of invitation to apply for CSQ. Apparently, this letter has been sent out to me on Aug. 3rd, but I have never received that. I contacted CIC and they said they have either emailed me or mailed me (physically). I have no clue what to do now, I have received neither a mail nor an email from CIC and I do not know what do. I asked the agent to send me the letter once again and she said they would that but again there is email.

I check mycic (it is already linked), and there is no message there. Have anyone had a similar experience?
My sponsor had gotten the invitation letter to apply for CSQ via email. I realise that some at the agents are not very knowledgeable. I would call again and hope that you get a good rep. Ask for them to please resend the request letter. And see if you can confirm the email and Home address that they have for you. I think you can also check that yourself on cic website. You could probably try sending a web form if the agent isn’t helpful. They

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
We got our AOR today.
App received July 5th
AOR August 11th

So, so, so relieved. Was terrified that we'd missed something, and it would be sent back!

Reactions: pavanvulli

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
What is the best way to update them? Is there a way to upload his birth certificate on our gc account or do we have to call? I
I would absolutely contact them.

First of all, just because they know she was pregnant, doesn't mean there will be children 100%. Women miscarry all the time. I also think the fact that she now has a child with you would also probably help your case in terms of proving that the relationship is genuine. Not to mention that I'd be scared of misrepresentation. You're warned to immediately notify if anything major changes. I think birth of a child counts as that.
he b