2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Diana2018

May 9, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-03-2018
No you don't have to extend your visa. You have status in Canada until the OWP expiration date. You can find that information in the document you received when your OWP was approved.
Did you receive your OWP in the mail yet?
ok, than i got it right, thanks mischa :D
yes i got my OWP in the mail at June 29th... i am just very careful because i have the OWP but still no AOR from the sponsoring and we did send both together in one envelope...

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
ok, than i got it right, thanks mischa :D
yes i got my OWP in the mail at June 29th... i am just very careful because i have the OWP but still no AOR from the sponsoring and we did send both together in one envelope...
Did you mean that you could not link the application in your account, or you did not receive AOR at all? My husband did not get any email about AOR but we were able to link the application in the CIC account. He got AOR letter in the account.

Diana2018

May 9, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-03-2018
Did you mean that you could not link the application in your account, or you did not receive AOR at all? My husband did not get any email about AOR but we were able to link the application in the CIC account. He got AOR letter in the account.
i did not receive the AOR at all... we did call CIC end of Mai and she told us that our application did arrive, she gave us the application number and said we could link the application with it, we tried many times and it doesn't work, it always said it couldn't find our application so we gave up. so i have no account, no linked application, no AOR at all till today but already my OWP in my mail around 4 weeks ago...

yaya2016

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
AOR Received.
09-03-2018
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
08-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
Outland application is a lot faster than us. Feb app outland receiving COPR already. WOW

diamant10

Star Member
Jun 21, 2018
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
We got the owp linked online today.
Says “applied online” is that normal?
But the submission days is our mail in date. We did apply prior to try to obtain an owp prior to doing the pr + owp

Mischa90

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
i did not receive the AOR at all... we did call CIC end of Mai and she told us that our application did arrive, she gave us the application number and said we could link the application with it, we tried many times and it doesn't work, it always said it couldn't find our application so we gave up. so i have no account, no linked application, no AOR at all till today but already my OWP in my mail around 4 weeks ago...
It took me about a month to figure out the right combination for linking my application and OWP. Some people suggest hitting the spacebar in "City of Birth" I typed in my city of birth instead and it worked. Also I kept putting 1 in " number of members in the application" because I assumed it only meant me, the applicant. But apparently you have to put 2...
Good luck :)

diamant10

Star Member
Jun 21, 2018
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
It took me about a month to figure out the right combination for linking my application and OWP. Some people suggest hitting the spacebar in "City of Birth" I typed in my city of birth instead and it worked. Also I kept putting 1 in " number of members in the application" because I assumed it only meant me, the applicant. But apparently you have to put 2...
Did yours says online submission or mail?

Diana2018

May 9, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-03-2018
yeah I did read its not that easy as it should be... i just got frustrated and gave up... maybe i should give it a try again ;)
but i also had always problems with the GCKEY login, while try to login it kicks me several times out back to the side where you choose the language :(
who btw should link the application? the sponsor or the applicant? my husband (the sponsor) tried it then with the sign-in partner and not with GCKEY...

Mischa90

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Did yours says online submission or mail?
After linking my PR application and OWP what I see in the "View the applications you submitted" section up top is my OWP application type is "online" even though it's a paper application that I just mailed. My PR application type says "Permanent Residency".
I hope this answers your question.

Reactions: diamant10

Hummingbird876

Feb 8, 2018
Category........
FAM
Has any PA from Quebec applied for French classes? How many levels are there? And how many levels of study does the Quebec government pay for?

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Try the following steps. This was actually posted by another member in this thread quite a few months ago, and we got ours work.

crystarclear said:
You can also try this:

Category: Permanent Residence
Subcategory: Family (Spouse)

Use UCI and Family Name
-> do not enter anything in the town/city of birth and Country (leave it blank)

Proceed to Passport Info:
- passport number
- country of issue
- issue and expiry date

Enter personal info:
- intended residence (province and city)
- current marital status
- number of applicants: put 2 (if there's only 1 PA and 1 sponsor)

appletoeat2

Oct 27, 2013
Hello everyone,
I am a newbie in this forum. Applied for spouse sponsorship, the application was received at Sydney NS office on July 13th, 2018. Need some information from seniors like what will happen next? and how much time it will take to get the sponsorship process done? I am Permanent resident, not the citizen.

Thanks in advance.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone,
I am a newbie in this forum. Applied for spouse sponsorship, the application was received at Sydney NS office on July 13th, 2018. Need some information from seniors like what will happen next? and how much time it will take to get the sponsorship process done? I am Permanent resident, not the citizen.

Thanks in advance.
Wait for requests. Processing is 12 months.