+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Hi! Yes let’s keep each other posted.
It’s really frustrating not knowing and in all honesty- our case is pretty simple so it’s all the more frustrating knowing that a small mistake causes such a delay.
Welcome to Canada dear family!
Same here! I am Canadian, my husband is from Brasil, No children. He is well educated and is working here already. Our application got sent back for a signature we forgot on one of the forms! This time around we had a consultant review our application a third time before we sent it...

mel406

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
I sent my application last Friday, it was received in Mississauga on July 3rd. I scanned my application before I sent it and realized after it was already in the mail that I forgot to put N/A on the checklist in 2 or 3 places. Does anyone know if it will be sent back to us for that reason?:confused:

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
I am also a January applicant and have received my medical on July 03. So I will be booking the appointment in the next two days?
What is the next step after submitting medicals ? I also need to update address and employer in the file.

Do you guys know how would i do that? Any help is appreciated
Hello, I believe that your physician submits your medical exam results directly via emedical online system.
In terms of updating your contact info (address, etc), and for updating your employer information, you can go to IRCC Webform and complete form online with your updates. [If someone else knows a different way, please share. This is the way that I know how to do it].

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=2.155992895.562970444.1530392139-855725484.1501771325

Reactions: prschn

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Hi,

I cannot link my spouse open work permit in land paper application on cic gc. I have been trying for couple of months now. I received my application number and I can check on ECAS my application received by cic on april 5. I applied for my spouse permanent residence and open permit in the same application. Any other way I can link application. I am not concerned about permanent residence but I am worried about her work permit.

hpsg

Jul 9, 2018
Hi ,

Do we still need to do Medical if my partner is living here in Canada for last 3 years? Thanks.

Matt_26

May 28, 2018
Got our OWP this evening! March 26th applicant. Changed to “reviewing eligibility” this morning on mycic and just checked to see “approved” for 2 years as well as a Electronic Travel Visa for 5 years.

I didn’t receive AOR for some reason which made waiting the four months (or just under) very stressful.

Wanted to send the best of luck for those waiting and wishing you all the best. This has been a very supportive and helpful community so thank you for your help!

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
My timeline is in my signature. So happy to update that MyCIC is showing my wife's med has been "passed". Yay!! (ECAS haven\t updated as of yet, but that's to be expected as it's a bit slower than MyCIC.) Now we wait until the 11th month (November) for SAS/AIP/DM. I'm not going to be on here much as there's so much waiting and we're busy with our jobs in our lives. All the best to y'all.

Aussiecandads

May 1, 2018
I submitted my visitor visa online e in April and it just got approved today! I’m a march 2nd applicant and my work permit still hasn’t been approved! Does anyone know after your “in status” as a visitor when does your work permit get approved? They haven’t started reviewing eligibility for my WP yet!

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
I submitted my visitor visa online e in April and it just got approved today! I’m a march 2nd applicant and my work permit still hasn’t been approved! Does anyone know after your “in status” as a visitor when does your work permit get approved? They haven’t started reviewing eligibility for my WP yet!
Then you should call CIC asap, ‘cause it has been over 4 months and they sometimes need some reminding! Your OWP wasn’t sent back to you?

Aussiecandads

May 1, 2018
Then you should call CIC asap, ‘cause it has been over 4 months and they sometimes need some reminding! Your OWP wasn’t sent back to you?
Nope it wasn’t returned and all my documents were correct, they did return my $100 not in status fee because of the visitor visa! But it’s just in limbo online! I’ve bedn trying to call them every day for two weeks straight! And I can’t get through! I’ve tried early morning nothing! Even the web form they haven’t replied at all lol

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Nope it wasn’t returned and all my documents were correct, they did return my $100 not in status fee because of the visitor visa! But it’s just in limbo online! I’ve bedn trying to call them every day for two weeks straight! And I can’t get through! I’ve tried early morning nothing! Even the web form they haven’t replied at all lol
Thats that’s nice that they returned the fee but the rest is frustrating to the max.... it’s important to keep trying to get an agent on the line, as that might set things in motion like the flick of a switch. I live in BC and I usually start calling around 530 AM, which gets me to an agent in about 45 min to an hour. Keep your head up and keep trying!