+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
If I can recall, I also ticked NO then in the box, we typed NOT APPLICABLE because we are living together. Hahaha! I remember when we were filling in the forms, I actually made a remark about this question.

okay i will the same. it bother me a lot. it is hard to answer. hahahhaha. anyway i have a question. does it matter if i used all capital letters while filing out the forms? or it doesnt matter whether it is all capital letters or not?

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
okay i will the same. it bother me a lot. it is hard to answer. hahahhaha. anyway i have a question. does it matter if i used all capital letters while filing out the forms? or it doesnt matter whether it is all capital letters or not?
I don't think it matters. I was able to do both with different applications in the past. Also, it's not in the guide. What matters are the information you type in. Haha

Reactions: i_adrianes

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hey all,

As I mentioned before my OWP approved 2 days ago, Now I should wait for medical request I beilieve. Do you think I should take my medical tests at this time to submit when requested or is it too early?

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hey all,

As I mentioned before my OWP approved 2 days ago, Now I should wait for medical request I beilieve. Do you think I should take my medical tests at this time to submit when requested or is it too early?
Wait for the request.

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hi all,

A little while ago, we discussed my case here. I applied for PR & OWP on March 6th and got my OWP app send back to me on the 19th of April 2018. The day before, my current IEC visa expired, and therefore, I had submitted a visitor visa extension on March 22nd, to keep status. I hadn´t heard anything back yet about it, but yesterday I finally got to speak to a CIC agent......

I explained him the situation and he went to have a look in my file. They were still processing my visitor visa extension and it should be there in 2 weeks. That was good news, but I also asked him straight away what would happen if that visitor visa extension was denied? Would I lose my status, as I got my OWP app send back after my previous visa had expired? He said ''no, you don't have to worry about anything. You are in the process now because of the submitting of your PR and OWP, and all is good. '' I said to him, ''Well, that's different than I have heard. Once you get your OWP send back after your valid status has expired, you're out of status, right?'' He answered that this was not true, and again that I didn't have to worry about anything as I am in the process now....

This conversation with the agent was a bit confusing, as here on the forum I have been reading other things than he was proclaiming. When I asked him if I had to restore my status when my visitor visa extension was denied, he answered no. Hopefully you guys can give me some insight on it, or better clarification, maybe I'm missing something.... Anyhow, I wish everone a great weekend!!

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi all,

A little while ago, we discussed my case here. I applied for PR & OWP on March 6th and got my OWP app send back to me on the 19th of April 2018. The day before, my current IEC visa expired, and therefore, I had submitted a visitor visa extension on March 22nd, to keep status. I hadn´t heard anything back yet about it, but yesterday I finally got to speak to a CIC agent......

I explained him the situation and he went to have a look in my file. They were still processing my visitor visa extension and it should be there in 2 weeks. That was good news, but I also asked him straight away what would happen if that visitor visa extension was denied? Would I lose my status, as I got my OWP app send back after my previous visa had expired? He said ''no, you don't have to worry about anything. You are in the process now because of the submitting of your PR and OWP, and all is good. '' I said to him, ''Well, that's different than I have heard. Once you get your OWP send back after your valid status has expired, you're out of status, right?'' He answered that this was not true, and again that I didn't have to worry about anything as I am in the process now....

This conversation with the agent was a bit confusing, as here on the forum I have been reading other things than he was proclaiming. When I asked him if I had to restore my status when my visitor visa extension was denied, he answered no. Hopefully you guys can give me some insight on it, or better clarification, maybe I'm missing something.... Anyhow, I wish everone a great weekend!!
Hi, he is wrong because when your application is returned to you, you're back at the bottom of the pile. You start over. The only thing that is processing right now is your Spousal Sponsorship and that doesn't give you any status.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Which month applicants are receiving medical requests?
Are there any Jan 2018 applicants here?

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
@iamvenus hey venus! good day. is this how you arranged the owp+restoration app? owp checklist, barcode, owp receipt , restoration receipt, imm 5710, explanation letter and supporting documents? thanks!

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hi, he is wrong because when your application is returned to you, you're back at the bottom of the pile. You start over. The only thing that is processing right now is your Spousal Sponsorship and that doesn't give you any status.
That´s what I thought too. The moment your OWP app is returned, if this happens when your previous visa has run out, you are out of status. The only thing that´s still keeping me in status is the application I put in for the visitor extension, correct?

Reactions: Michyy

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
That´s what I thought too. The moment your OWP app is returned, if this happens when your previous visa has run out, you are out of status. The only thing that´s still keeping me in status is the application I put in for the visitor extension, correct?
That's correct! And if that one is rejected (hopefully not), you will still be in status with your pending OWP.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Yesss! Let's hope you'll get that approved.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
@iamvenus hey venus! good day. is this how you arranged the owp+restoration app? owp checklist, barcode, owp receipt , restoration receipt, imm 5710, explanation letter and supporting documents? thanks!
Yes, barcode page after the checklist. Not sure if the receipt is before the form, though. Just follow the how it's listed on the checklist.