+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
For people who applied around end of March did anyone receive police certificate request or medical examination request or got owp notice or receive their owp?
Hey our application was received March 28 I think. We sent a police certificate for home country with application and never received a request for Canadian police certificate. I saw on the cic web page that they are making changes with the police certificate process, so I think that’s why they never requested. Medical exams come after 6-7 months

JCVan2018

May 11, 2018
Hi. I am an inland spousal sponsored PR applicant. I received my OWP approval last week (Feb 14 applicant). I would like to study part-time as I look for work. Does anyone know whether I need to apply for a study permit to enroll in classes now that I have my OWP? Will applying for a study permit affect my pending PR application? Thank you.

I.Smith

Jan 28, 2018
I think generally it's 4-8 weeks for the AOR, but since you were able to link it, I think you should be fine?

And for the second question, I'm not sure what you mean by sponsorship application. You mean sponsorship eligibility? Because there's no separate app for that nor is there anything separate to be linked. Eligibility is determined as part of the PR app. So you'll either have only the PR app linked, or both the PR app and the OWP app, if you applied for the work permit, since the work permit app is treated as separate.

I might be wrong and your case might be special, but this is the first I'm hearing of a sponsorship application, especially one that would be separate from the main PR app.
Oooh okay! I thought I'd heard about both the sponsor and principal applicant receiving AORs, so I thought it might be a two-step process to link accounts as well.

I'm going to assume that everything is fine, and that if they need to get ahold of us they will do so through my husband's linked account!

Thanks for the re-assurance!

I.Smith

Jan 28, 2018
Out of curiosity - has anyone else not received an AOR, but has been able to link their account through ECAS?

We've checked the junk mail of our emails every single day, and I'm sure we didn't receive the AOR. However on ECAS it says the application was received April 3 and been in process since April 26.

I'm curious if this is a common glitch in the system, or something unique to our application.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Oooh okay! I thought I'd heard about both the sponsor and principal applicant receiving AORs, so I thought it might be a two-step process to link accounts as well.

I'm going to assume that everything is fine, and that if they need to get ahold of us they will do so through my husband's linked account!

Thanks for the re-assurance!
Yes, sponsorship eligibility confirmation is usually referred to as AOR2 and you will absolutely be notified about it through your already linked PR app on your husband's account. The sponsor themselves has nothing to link - it's only the PR app and OWP app (if applicable), both through the principal applicant's account.

Also keep in mind that for inland apps, you'll get the AOR2 closer to the end of the whole process. It's not really intuitive since you'd think that would probably be the first thing they determine and notify you about, but inland apps are just weird like that. Both the med request and AOR2 happen pretty much at the end of the process, like a month before they request the passport. So don't worry about not getting it any time soon, it'll be a while.

Matt_26

May 28, 2018
Out of curiosity - has anyone else not received an AOR, but has been able to link their account through ECAS?

We've checked the junk mail of our emails every single day, and I'm sure we didn't receive the AOR. However on ECAS it says the application was received April 3 and been in process since April 26.

I'm curious if this is a common glitch in the system, or something unique to our application.
Hi, yes, had the same situation. Applied March 26, marked as received on ECAS, no AOR come May 30th. I was very paranoid the application had been sent back but then someone told me that if it’s visible on ECAS you should be able to link the application through UCI. I tried that and it linked both the OWP and the PR app. Now listed as “in process” on ECAS and on mycic the applications seem to be proceeding as normal. Strange to not have gotten AOR but seems to be moving forward. Hoping for the best!

Sasasa

Apr 3, 2018
Hey our application was received March 28 I think. We sent a police certificate for home country with application and never received a request for Canadian police certificate. I saw on the cic web page that they are making changes with the police certificate process, so I think that’s why they never requested. Medical exams come after 6-7 months
I sent mine on March29 but i didnt send my police certificate with the application because my home country needs a letter from the ircc in order to issue a certificate so i wrote an explanation but did you receive anything for open work permit?

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
I sent mine on March29 but i didnt send my police certificate with the application because my home country needs a letter from the ircc in order to issue a certificate so i wrote an explanation but did you receive anything for open work permit?
No I haven’t. We are expecting it to be at least another month. For most it has been taking 3.5 months before hearing about the work permit so hopefully first week of July

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
See that Feb 14 applicant got the OWP already. Case by case, it won't be the same time to everybody.
I know, you're right it is case by case, but most people in our Whatsapp group within the first weeks of Feb have not received it. I'm not just talking about my own individual case, but of many others as well.

Reactions: Redzie

Together

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Sorry, I was wrong, just Family class (Spouse).

The last question :
Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application (required)

If just you and your spouse, you need to put the number 2.
Thanks, but it doesn't work with this data as well. Is there a way to find out what's wrong?