+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

danmuji

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hello everyone,

My common-law sponsorship application was delivered to Mississauga on March 13, 2018. I haven't heard anything back yet. It's about time for me to expect the 1st AOR isn't it?
Did you check your spam folder? I read on the forum that someone was waiting for a month and it was actually in the spam folder. Usually it's sent to the sponsor but check the principal applicant as well. Hope this helps.

Feb 7, 2018
Hello everyone,

My common-law sponsorship application was delivered to Mississauga on March 13, 2018. I haven't heard anything back yet. It's about time for me to expect the 1st AOR isn't it?
My application was delivered March 15, 2018 and my AOR came April 12, 2018. Hopefully yours comes soon :)

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Did you check your spam folder? I read on the forum that someone was waiting for a month and it was actually in the spam folder. Usually it's sent to the sponsor but check the principal applicant as well. Hope this helps.
Oh really! I didn't know they will send to the sponsor. I'll let him know to check his email! Thank you!

wackytacky

Jul 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hi all, our OWP application says "We are reviewing your application...." and I see many people saying this means it happens before it gets approved.
I don't remember what that section would say otherwise. Was it not same all the time?
Shall we be hopeful of approval or is it the same status all the time?

Reactions: Can_loves_Aus

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi all, our OWP application says "We are reviewing your application...." and I see many people saying this means it happens before it gets approved.
I don't remember what that section would say otherwise. Was it not same all the time?
Shall we be hopeful of approval or is it the same status all the time?
Ours changes to "reviewing your application" this morning around noon and we just checked now and it is APPROVED on CIC. Hooray!! Yours should be coming soon too.

Reactions: wackytacky

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi all, I checked my account just have received approval on my OWP. App received on Jan 11th by Mississauga and the account timeline showed as Jan 4th. Thanks to this group for the answers to questions and yes feeling really good now.

Any one knows the next steps? As in will the OWP be issued online or by mail and by when would it come after day 1 of approval?
Congrats! We just got approved too. As far as I've been reading, the OWP comes in the mail. Can take anywhere from 1 week to 3 or 4. Fingers crossed for quick mail!

Reactions: godmustbecrazy

calgary32

Mar 2, 2018
Hello. Just wanted to share again. Even though my case is a little bit different since I am a current student and didn't apply for the OWP with my application. I did send an SP extension along with an OWP, as soon as I received the AOR, through MyCic and it got approved last April 20.

Reactions: Ldonasci

jewelflores

Mar 21, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Hi jewel
Feb 1 app with PR and OWP received in Missisuaga
Feb 28 got my AOR (IRCc will sent you an email acknowledging you that they receive your application. This contain your application number for PR and OWP. After this, you are going to create an account at CIC website and link your application(only PR app first)
March 1 my sponsor got an email also
March 1 They sent me a request lettet to submit online my police certificate and schedule A

Pretty sure by next month you will get ur AOR. Sit back and relax..the waiting game begins now..hehe
Goodluck
thank you so much for the info. but my husband had a mistake in sending he wrote his name in TO and the address in FROM but he tracked it and it was already delivered
Welcome, next step is to wait 4-8 weeks to get ROA/Application number, once you have that, you will be able to link it to your MyCIC account, then monitor your progress from there!
thank you, but my husband had a mistake by sending it, he wrote his name in TO and the address of missisuaga in FROM but he tracked it already and it was already delivered in missisuaga on april 9. is it a conflict even it was delivered?

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
How do i get into that Whats App group on my phone?

If you haven't already, just click the link and follow the instructions if you haven't download the app already.

Reactions: OliviaNewtonJon

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
thank you so much for the info. but my husband had a mistake in sending he wrote his name in TO and the address in FROM but he tracked it and it was already delivered

thank you, but my husband had a mistake by sending it, he wrote his name in TO and the address of missisuaga in FROM but he tracked it already and it was already delivered in missisuaga on april 9. is it a conflict even it was delivered?
Did you have a tracking number? If so you can call the courier to confirm the delivery address.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A