+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

LivMeher

Apr 11, 2018
Hello!! I mailed in my application on March 23rd and it was recieved March 26th. I was feeling worried because I havent gotten anything back yet but I guess that's normal, huh?

PR Application received with no OWP by CIC: 26 March 2018
No AOR yet but I'm anxiously awaiting one. I see other people here that submitted shortly before me are getting theirs so hopefully I'm soon!

Aelin

Mar 8, 2018
Hello!! I mailed in my application on March 23rd and it was recieved March 26th. I was feeling worried because I havent gotten anything back yet but I guess that's normal, huh?

PR Application received with no OWP by CIC: 26 March 2018
No AOR yet but I'm anxiously awaiting one. I see other people here that submitted shortly before me are getting theirs so hopefully I'm soon!
Looking at the Inland Applications Spreadsheet, most people in 2018 have been getting their AOR within 25-30 days (including me) :) So you should hopefully get yours by April 20th to April 25th

Reactions: fifi83

godmustbecrazy

Jan 31, 2018
Anyone from Mississauga centre from the January Pool on this thread received an update on their OWP? Below is my timeline.

Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP
Jan 10. 2018- application couriered by Canada Post Express
Jan 10. 2018 - application arrived at Mississauga processing centre
Feb 14. 2018- AOR received, application linked, Schedule A and Police Check was already submitted with the application.
Feb. 15. 2018- OWP application linked to online account

CanadaFuture93

Jul 23, 2017
Lloydminster
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2018
Med's Done....
26-04-2018
Hello, Bonjour everyone.

My name is Marine.
I created an account in July 2017 but this is my first time posting.
After reading everyone stories, i felt the need to share mine. It feels good and reassuring to know that we're not alone.

I am from France and after 1 year of long distance relationship i moved to Canada, to be with my canadian boyfriend, in September 2015, first as a tourist and then i got an open work permit (IEC) in 2016.

My work permit is good until September 2018 so i didn't apply for an other one yet (i might still do it in may/june just in case i don't have the permanent residence before the end of my IEC).
We sent an application for a permanent residence through the common law sponsorship in September 2017.
This is what happened so far:

September 26, 2017 : CIC received my application
November 27, 2017 : AOR 1
November 28, 2017 : AOR 2
November 28, 2017 : application linked to my account
November 28, 2017 : Request for Schedule A and Police certificates
December 8, 2017 : Sent Schedule A and Police certificates

Nothing else since that day. It feels so long, hopefully i hear from them soon.

Good luck to everyone waiting. It's stressful but it is worth it.

Hello everyone !

I believe this forum brings luck lol, after posting yesterday, i received today (April 12) a request for a medical visit !!! appointment on April 26 2018 !

amodmallya

Star Member
May 3, 2016
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24-04-2016
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-11-2016
Hi there, could I know about your timeline? So did you resubmit your wife's OWP online or paper? CIC received mine on Jan 17 2018, but it was my first time to send, not resubmit. I'm still waiting for the notification.
Yes I resubmitted it my mail. If it is your first time applying and you were able to link your application online, i think you are still about a month away from OWP.

amodmallya

Star Member
May 3, 2016
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24-04-2016
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-11-2016
OIC, that's why your wife's OWP approved earlier than ours. But if count the days for returning and resending, you have waited for more than one or two months than the normal processing time. However, congratulation again got the final approval!
Oh I have waited a lot more than that. I somehow managed to catch hold of the most incompetent immigration lawyer in all of Canada. The firm is Monu Law in Brampton. She did not submit a LOE for me not having my letter of assessment from the CRA. I did not have it since I am a new immigrant myself and I only moved to Canada from the US in June 2017. I gave her my tax returns from the US to show proof of income. At the time of mailing the application, the AOR took about 2 months. This was in early September. So we got our application back in early November. We resubmitted the application immediately. Then in December I checked my credit card statement to find that she had paid insufficient fees for OWP and i asked her to resend a new application with the right fees. She refused and asked me to wait to hear from CIC. I reluctantly agreed and then in early Jan we got the OWP permit back. Resubmitted the same week with the right fees and took no help from her and viola we have it now. I should have just trusted myself and not wasted money on that oxygen thief. Had i worked on it myself like i did for my express entry application, my wife would have received her OWP in November and we would have been so much closer to her getting her PR. By far the worst mistake I have ever made in my life is sign up with the lawyer Monu Bansal. She is based in Brampton btw. Please stay away from her.

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Anyone from Mississauga centre from the January Pool on this thread received an update on their OWP? Below is my timeline.

Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP
Jan 10. 2018- application couriered by Canada Post Express
Jan 10. 2018 - application arrived at Mississauga processing centre
Feb 14. 2018- AOR received, application linked, Schedule A and Police Check was already submitted with the application.
Feb. 15. 2018- OWP application linked to online account
Hi there!
See my timeline below. No word on OWP yet. They seem to still be on December apps for those who sent to Mississauga like us.
Hopefully some good news in the next week or so!

Reactions: godmustbecrazy

Saras88

Nov 9, 2017
Hello,does anybody know if we can send Certificate of Marriage we got on a wedding day from marriage commissioner with application or we have to wait for a Marriage Certificate from provincial government. I guess it might take a while to get Marriage Certificate from Sask government and we do not have much time... Thanks

hkdvirdi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Hello,does anybody know if we can send Certificate of Marriage we got on a wedding day from marriage commissioner with application or we have to wait for a Marriage Certificate from provincial government. I guess it might take a while to get Marriage Certificate from Sask government and we do not have much time... Thanks

No you have to wait for the actual marriage certificate to arrive in mail and send copy of that. IRCC wont accept the marriage license (as its called in ontario). Check this below

Marriage certificates
  • For spousal sponsorships, make sure you include a valid marriage certificate or proof of registration of your marriage with your application (see checklist details). The document(s) you submit must show that the marriage was legally registered with the government where it took place.
  • A record of solemnization (obtained in Canada) or marriage license will not be accepted as proof that the sponsor and applicant are married.
  • Check the country specific requirements to see if there are specific instructions for the country where the marriage took place.

link -: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

Feb 7, 2018
Hello everyone!

Application Received 15th March 2018
AOR Received 12th April 2018
Linked my account, but it wouldn't let me link OWP!! Does it take a few days before you can link it?

Thanks and good luck everyone.....

CanadaFuture93

Jul 23, 2017
Lloydminster
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2018
Med's Done....
26-04-2018
Hello everyone

I am just wondering, once we pass the medical visit, do we have to transfer anything to cic ? (Like I had to do with the schedule A) or is it only the doctor doing everything and my application will update when it's done ?

Thank you

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Hey everyone!
Just out of curiosity: How long does it take for S.A to usually arrive? Are they usually before or after medicals?

ADRIANMR

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hi all !!! I just sent my sponsor application with the new requirements (schedule A) and new forms(2018) I send it April 12 and receive April 13( according tracking number) keep you posted thanks and finger cross

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
My consultant told me I was needed to file Certificate of No Criminal Record, I have an application # with F000*****. Does it mean that I already have AOR or not?

ps: Submitted March 7th, 2018, received March 9th, 2018, received a request for Certificate of No Criminal Record on April 10th 2018.

Gamegirl

Mar 21, 2018
Hi guys,

Do you have to submit a police record with your application for spousal sponsorship?
I’m an inland applicant.