+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Happiness1012

Mar 7, 2018
Go into your MyCIC account and click on "link application", just like you did to link your PR app. Click on "temporary residence", then on "work permit", then on "open work permit". Use your UCI and family name, and passport info.
Thanks alot for info.
As i am following the process, still they are not able to find my OWP application.
Could you please let me know what we need to choose in last column which i asking about condition applied to applicant.

Please suggest.

Mozartfan

Mar 7, 2018
Dorchester, New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
AOR Received.
06-03-2018
Thanks alot for info.
As i am following the process, still they are not able to find my OWP application.
Could you please let me know what we need to choose in last column which i asking about condition applied to applicant.

Please suggest.
If you applied in Canada and are living in Canada - "Which situation applies to the applicant: Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada." :)

Reactions: Happiness1012

Redzie

Feb 11, 2018
I just clicked on the link another application option. Select the UCI and family name option. Entered passport number and expiry date. Then selected category for work permit. and that worked for me.
Thankyou! I linked my apps for both residence and OWP. I have another question. We don't need to submit the Canadian PCC right? I read on CIC help center that if u have been in Canada even for more then six months we don't need to submit one. They will do their on Canadian check. Am i correct?

MimiLeo

Feb 3, 2018
Link Paper Application to Online Application

PERMANENT RESIDENCE (spouse)

Category: Permanent Residence

Sub-category: Family (Spouse)

➡︎ Use UCI and Family Name

➡︎ Do NOT enter anything in the town/city of birth and Country

Passport Information:

↳ Passport Number

↳ Country of Issue

↳ Issue Date and Expiry Date

Personal Information:

↳ Intended Residence (Province and City)

↳ Current Marital Status

↳ Number of applicants in application: 2 (if 1 Principal Applicant and 1 Sponsor)
Thank you! Will i put the my husband info ( he is the sponsor and im the principal applicant)

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hey guys, also checking in to say I got my AOR yesterday, March 7. App was received Feb 9.

I got a request for the police check and have a quick question about it. It says I should get a Canadian police check if I've been in Canada longer than 6 months. I'm coming up on 5 months right now, but should I get it anyway? I mean, who knows when they'll get to my app and if it'll be past 6 months then. Or should I just send the home country one and wait for further instructions?

yegman89

Feb 3, 2018
Here’s my current status:

Sent my wife’s PR application w/ open work permit application on Jan 31 2018 received my cic mail room feb 1st.

I just got off phone with CIC as I haven’t heard anything from them he said the application has been returned on Feb 28 in the mail because it’s incomplete.

So now my wife’s current post graduate work permit is expiring next month Apr 16. The agent said they have updated some of the forms and to resubmit with those.

Anyone know if my wife will still get implied status when we re send the application? We are very concerned

Happiness1012

Mar 7, 2018
Here’s my current status:

Sent my wife’s PR application w/ open work permit application on Jan 31 2018 received my cic mail room feb 1st.

I just got off phone with CIC as I haven’t heard anything from them he said the application has been returned on Feb 28 in the mail because it’s incomplete.

So now my wife’s current post graduate work permit is expiring next month Apr 16. The agent said they have updated some of the forms and to resubmit with those.

Anyone know if my wife will still get implied status when we re send the application? We are very concerned

i ma not sure about your case, but dont you have option of extension?

Happiness1012

Mar 7, 2018
Hey guys, also checking in to say I got my AOR yesterday, March 7. App was received Feb 9.

I got a request for the police check and have a quick question about it. It says I should get a Canadian police check if I've been in Canada longer than 6 months. I'm coming up on 5 months right now, but should I get it anyway? I mean, who knows when they'll get to my app and if it'll be past 6 months then. Or should I just send the home country one and wait for further instructions?
Home country PCC they ask .

Happiness1012

Mar 7, 2018
She already a extension done in 2016 for it. Total of 4 years extemsion approximately I think
If you resubmitted the file still it takes 4-6 weeks time to get APPLICATION number if your file is complete.
In my case application recived 8 feb 2018
AOR : 7 March 2018

in some cases it could take more than that.