+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
I have a question about the visitor status while waiting for PR (inland application). My husband got AOR and had to go back to China to obtain the police certificate. He has the 10-year visitor visa which expires in 2027 but the temporary permit holder expires in April 2018. He will be traveling for 2 weeks in March, likely back in mid-March. Would there be any issue coming back to Canada since his permit will expire soon? Would be to wise to apply for the extension now? Thank you very much...

ruchitmehta89

Jun 28, 2013
Hi,

Appicaiton Recieved : 29th January'18

Wife's AOR received: 26th February'18

Linked Account succesfully.

My question is regarding PCC submission. I am the Sponsor and my wife already has OWP since 2 years and before that she was student. Does she need to submit canada PCC as well ? and is Criminal Record check same as PCC ?

thanks

Reactions: MangPa0131

hkdvirdi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Hi,

Appicaiton Recieved : 29th January'18

Wife's AOR received: 26th February'18

Linked Account succesfully.

My question is regarding PCC submission. I am the Sponsor and my wife already has OWP since 2 years and before that she was student. Does she need to submit canada PCC as well ? and is Criminal Record check same as PCC ?

thanks

I had a same question as well about submitting the pôlice certificate from canada as well. However when i check the cic website it says they will ask specifically if they need the criminal record check (which is equivalent to PCC) from canada which is done by RCMP. Here is the information from the their website.

We will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If we ask you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions. You must bring:

• A full electronic set of fingerprints on form C-216C taken by one of these accredited companies or police services
  • A complete application form (available on the RCMP website)
  • Reason for your request (eg. For immigration)
  • Your full name
  • Date of birth
  • Sex
  • Mailing address
  • Phone number (and/or fax number and/or e-mail address)
  • Applicable fees

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

Hopefully this helps you in clearing the confusion.

Yaseen9911

Feb 20, 2018
Hi,

We applied for inland sponsorship on 6th Feb and it was delivered on 7th. Now we are planning on applying for visit visa for my husband after the AOR comes.

I have read on this thread that inland candidates cannot leave the country once they arrive here. In this case, how do we justify our visit visa?

Also, we have a child and we were hoping that would help as a strong reason for his visit and mention that he would return due to his work and property in India. Are these reasons strong enough?

Also, we showed funds in INR for the sponsorship, is that alright? since by then I had not opened an account in Canada.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
I have a question about the visitor status while waiting for PR (inland application). My husband got AOR and had to go back to China to obtain the police certificate. He has the 10-year visitor visa which expires in 2027 but the temporary permit holder expires in April 2018. He will be traveling for 2 weeks in March, likely back in mid-March. Would there be any issue coming back to Canada since his permit will expire soon? Would be to wise to apply for the extension now? Thank you very much...
You should extend it at least 30 days prior to the expiration date. I would probably want to play it safe and it extend it before he leaves, that way you will have the receipt in case they give you problems at the boarder. Also, be aware that if he leaves Canada while his inland application is processing, and then is unable to come back his application will be deemed abandoned.

MEHA

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
22-June-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi Guys, CIC received my app on Jan 11. i havent reveived AOR yet. Should i be worried?

Reactions: Aob-Dtd

oMapletree

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am 14 Dec 2017 applicant, My passport has been water damaged during my inland spousal sponsorship application process. I received my AOR on 31st Jan 2018. I am waiting for my OWP to be approved hopefully by mid of march. Should i be worried ?

Reactions: SunnyK17

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am 14 Dec 2017 applicant, My passport has been water damaged during my inland spousal sponsorship application process. I received my AOR on 31st Jan 2018. I am waiting for my OWP to be approved hopefully by mid of march. Should i be worried ?
I am Dec 11th. Close to your timeline. Also still waiting for OWP

Maryanne33

Feb 27, 2018
Hi guys,
My timeline is
Application received 22 of january
AOR on feb 20th
I have submitted the schedule A at the same time with my application so they asking me for the police check .. im from the UK so i need to get one from there .. my question is do i need to get one from canada? I read somewhere before, that if u stayed in a country for more than 6 months it doesnt have to be continuous .. for example in my case since 2010 ive been coming to canada n staying sometime for 2 months, 3 months, few weeks here and there which makes more than 6 months. And in the request for the document part in my account it says ‘police certificates multiple required’ ..
My other question is when i get the OWP can i leave the country for vacation while the residency is being processed?

Feb 27, 2018
Hi,
I am new to this group need some help regarding sponsorship my wife she is PR in Canada and landed on 24 jan 2018 with my son then applied for my sponsorship visa on. 6feb 2018 Cic received on 7 feb we have send paper application via Canada express post to Mississauga and haven’t got my AOR yet .

Currently I am in India and I am self employed after getting AOR planning to apply for visitor visa what will be my chances of approval and my wife she don’t have any job in Canada now

What reasons can I mention in application to increase my chances that I will come back to my home country

Regarding sponsorship application I had UCI number from before when I was non accompanying in my wife EE profile but I haven’t mentioned that in sponsorship application will that affect my application

Currently my wife she is not holding any job But we have shown bank statement from India having some money in that to make sure we are financially bit strong will that be fine or do I need to transfer in her Canadian bank account

I have submitted my medicals which will get expired in the month of may

Please need some serious advice

Thanks in advance

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
App. Received = Jan. 25
AOR = Feb. 27
Linked = Feb. 27

Need help with the Schedule A form for Addresses, I stayed first in a different province for 2 weeks at my sister's house when I first got here. Do I need to put her address on the form?

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
App. Received = Jan. 25
AOR = Feb. 27
Linked = Feb. 27

Need help with the Schedule A form for Addresses, I stayed first in a different province for 2 weeks at my sister's house when I first got here. Do I need to put her address on the form?
Okay, I guess I figured it out. I wrote on my personal history my current city and my sister's city. Then on the addresses, I didn't put my sister's address since I didn't technically "live" there. Will that be fine?

CanuckDuck

Feb 6, 2018
App. Received = Jan. 25
AOR = Feb. 27
Linked = Feb. 27

Yes!!! You need to put every address where you have lived...no exception! Not putting an address could amount to misrepresentation; this is very serious and you could end up being rejected on that basis. Not putting an address on your schedule A is the same as lying!!!

Reactions: MangPa0131