+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi every one I think that I am a 2018 applicant. I applied on Oct 28 2017 but I my application was returned last month because of a mistake on my 5406. I corrected the error and mailed it on January 2nd and it was received on Jan 4th. Do i have to wait for another 6-8 weeks for CIC to send me my AOR.
Yes

missancheta

Oct 13, 2017
Hoping to turn in our paperwork by next week! Quick question - If we are not using a representative, do we include those forms? Or do we still fill out name portion and sign?

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hoping to turn in our paperwork by next week! Quick question - If we are not using a representative, do we include those forms? Or do we still fill out name portion and sign?
You do not fill out that form.

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
My understanding is that you only submit this form if you are using a representative. If you look at the checklist it says (not mandatory). We did not use a representative, so we did not include this.

Vicky231

Jan 16, 2018
Hi, I will submit my application (In Canada) soon. I want to do up-front medical check to submit with my application. The reason is that I plan to have baby this year, therefore I might not do medical check later this year. The questions are:
1. Can I do upfront medical check to attach with my application even the checklist says should not have medical check up-front?
2. Is there any place in Edmonton accept up-front medical check?
3. Can I have to get the police department to send police check directly to CIC or i can upload online after that?
4. Should I pay the fee of Right of PR as well?
Thank you very much

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi, I will submit my application (In Canada) soon. I want to do up-front medical check to submit with my application. The reason is that I plan to have baby this year, therefore I might not do medical check later this year. The questions are:
1. Can I do upfront medical check to attach with my application even the checklist says should not have medical check up-front?
2. Is there any place in Edmonton accept up-front medical check?
3. Can I have to get the police department to send police check directly to CIC or i can upload online after that?
4. Should I pay the fee of Right of PR as well?
Thank you very much
You can no longer do an upfront medical, you must wait until after you have submitted and it is requested.

You will need to get your own police checks and submit them independently.

We paid for everything upfront, personally.

MountainAB

Jan 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
18-12-2017
we got married last june, any advices who can help us with pr aplication except expensive lawyers ?
We visited an immigrant consultant mid last year but decided to file by ourselves. She was very helpful cuz we didn't know anything back then but after reading the forms and the guide we decided that it was totally worth it to move forward without her. The 2017 forum helped A LOT!

So I'd say if you're very insecure book a consultation if not start reading everything first and it will clear it out for you. ;)

Good Luck!

Vicky231

Jan 16, 2018
Do they provide Open work permit valid for 1 year or valid till passport expires? Can we apply Open work permit later online after submit PR application (when current status still valid)? Do we have to notary all copy documents like married certificate, birth certificate,etc. Thanks

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Do they provide Open work permit valid for 1 year or valid till passport expires? Can we apply Open work permit later online after submit PR application (when current status still valid)? Do we have to notary all copy documents like married certificate, birth certificate,etc. Thanks
I think it depends upon their decision regarding the open work permit, sometimes it is based on the expiry date of the passport. I think it’s better to apply both PR and OWP together. It would make things easier and faster. You don’t wanna lose precious time with all the waiting time. In regards to the marriage certificate, I sent just a photocopy of it but with the birth certificate, they need the original copy. You can check the document checklist to be sure whether to submit original copies or photocopies.

Aiesline

Sep 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
AOR Received.
29-06-2018
HI, I just submitted my inland common law application. The tracking number says it was received today. I suspect I'll be haunting this thread. Nice to meet everyone.

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Does anyone know how long it's taking to get the AOR? Should we expect 6-8 weeks?
Thank you.
Yes, it’s around those time frame. 2 months more or less. Saw one applicant in another forum that he/she had her application received Dec. 02 has already gotten an AOR today.

Reactions: MountainAB