AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
So many people mess up the fees and complicate the process both for themselves and Immigration. I really think they should just include a more clear and specific instruction in the PR app guide itself. Specify the fees that need to be paid, it's like another sentence or two. Would save a lot of people headaches and confusion.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
So many people mess up the fees and complicate the process both for themselves and Immigration. I really think they should just include a more clear and specific instruction in the PR app guide itself. Specify the fees that need to be paid, it's like another sentence or two. Would save a lot of people headaches and confusion.
The instructions for the OWP is separate from the PR application because it is not mandatory to apply for it and if you read the guide online, it directs you to a link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=176&top=17) about the fees for OWP, but because this is a common mistake, I wish CIC would not need to return the application. They just email a general message that the applicant is missing a fee. This would actually cost less for them. No need to pay for post. Haha

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
March 9th applicant here, my docs recieved on 9th and one month later I linked my applications (pr and owp)

However I did not hear from my owp yet. A bit nervous tbh.

Any idea?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
March 9th applicant here, my docs recieved on 9th and one month later I linked my applications (pr and owp)

However I did not hear from my owp yet. A bit nervous tbh.

Any idea?
It's been less than three months. Average seems to be three and a half to four months so give it a few more weeks.

jawedi

Apr 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if someone can help me here. Applied for OWP and in-land sponsorship in mid-march. My lawyer linked my PR application on his profile but asked me to link OWP app. through my profile. However when I try to link my OWP application, it doesn't find anything. I am very scared that my OWP app. may have been lost somewhere since I cant find it online using either the UCI and the application no.

I chose "Applied for PR as spouse or common law partner in canada" under which situation applies to the candidate. I also tried with "Applied for bridge open work permit" and still unable to find. Also I am linking it using my last name rather than using my spouse (sponsor's name), since the OWP should be under my name.

Would really appreciate if someone can please provide some sort of feedback. I am really worried that my OWP application my have been lost somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if someone can help me here. Applied for OWP and in-land sponsorship in mid-march. My lawyer linked my PR application on his profile but asked me to link OWP app. through my profile. However when I try to link my OWP application, it doesn't find anything. I am very scared that my OWP app. may have been lost somewhere since I cant find it online using either the UCI and the application no.

I chose "Applied for PR as spouse or common law partner in canada" under which situation applies to the candidate. I also tried with "Applied for bridge open work permit" and still unable to find. Also I am linking it using my last name rather than using my spouse (sponsor's name), since the OWP should be under my name.

Would really appreciate if someone can please provide some sort of feedback. I am really worried that my OWP application my have been lost somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Use the UCI number and applicant last name. it should works. Also which day you got the file number? if just now, you have to wait 5 days then could be link your OWP account.

jawedi

Apr 25, 2018
Use the UCI number and applicant last name. it should works. Also which day you got the file number? if just now, you have to wait 5 days then could be link your OWP account.
Thanks for the quick reply. I got my file no 2 months ago but i have tried several times in the past but it always failed. Am I using the right category ""Applied for bridge open work permit" under which situation applies to the candidate?

Also I am using my last name not my wife's who is the sponsor.

Redzie

Feb 11, 2018
Checked my OWP application status tonight before bed, and it says it's UNDER REVIEW! Yay! Anyone have any idea how long approval takes once they're in the review process? I'm so mad at myself for sending the wrong fees and basically setting my application back 6 weeks - I would have been approved by now had it not been for my mistake!

Timeline:
PR Application sent 2018-02-06, linked online 2018-03-05
Sched A and PCC requested on 2018-03-05, submitted on 2018-04-01.
OWP returned 2018-03-14 due to insufficient fees - resubmitted to Vegreville on 2018-03-15, received by Vegreville on 2018-03-16, application linked on 2018-03-28
OWP "under review" on 2018-06-06
For me it took 3 hours..got my review update at about 7 in the morning (i live in Vancouver) and got decision made at about 10 am..it takes them anywhere from few hours to 2-3 days...

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply. I got my file no 2 months ago but i have tried several times in the past but it always failed. Am I using the right category ""Applied for bridge open work permit" under which situation applies to the candidate?

That's wrong, you have to use every info about applicant, not sponsor:) Try again, use applicant info.

Lovejit Singh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hello Guys,

Any Feb applicant waiting for OWP.

I am out of status now.

File received 22 FEB on cic but it was received by 27 Feb at CPC Missisauga.

request to all Feb applicants, please post.

Thanks

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018

I think that's wrong. There's a difference between a work permit and a bridging work permit. Try to look for an option that's just "open work permit" without bridging.

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Guys I have a question, I submitted my Inland spouse application PR , the OWP and the PCC on 8th of May it was received on 9th of May, am waiting for my AOR, and my visa tenure of 6 months expires on 5th of Aug, I heard that once the I receive the AOR the status changes to IMPLIED means I can stay in Canada until I get my OWP? or what does IMPLIED means? do I have to file for an extension of my Visa if I don't get my OWP till the 5th of AUG? plz help. I am hearing mixed responses. some are saying I don't need to file Implied is sufficient and some say I need to file for an extension. I don't want to jeopardize my PR application by overstaying.

Redzie

Feb 11, 2018
Guys I have a question, I submitted my Inland spouse application PR , the OWP and the PCC on 8th of May it was received on 9th of May, am waiting for my AOR, and my visa tenure of 6 months expires on 5th of Aug, I heard that once the I receive the AOR the status changes to IMPLIED means I can stay in Canada until I get my OWP? or what does IMPLIED means? do I have to file for an extension of my Visa if I don't get my OWP till the 5th of AUG? plz help. I am hearing mixed responses. some are saying I don't need to file Implied is sufficient and some say I need to file for an extension. I don't want to jeopardize my PR application by overstaying.
Hey..when u apply for PR and OWP at the same time and your OWP file is accepted as submitted then you have implied status. Its the OWP that gives u implied status not the AoR.
If your OWP file is submitted and not returned due to any reason then u are fine. since u should be expecting Aor anyday now (since it takes 4 to 6 weeks) u will hear weather your OWP app is accepted as complete or not. If it is then even if ur status expires im august u will not be out of status.
Now when people say to be careful? They mean what if ur OWP is declined for some absurd reason?
My opinion on the matter is that your status will expire on 5th of August and ur OWP response will come at the latest by the first week of september right? Even if in september ur not approved for OWP u will still have 2 more months to apply for restoration and OWP again. This is what i did. I applied for PR and OWP on 6th Feb and got OWP and AoR on 7th march. My status expired on 31st March and got my OWP approved a few days back. If i hadnt heard about my owp in a couple more days i would have applied for restoration because my 90 day window for applying restoration aftet my status expires only had 25 more daya left to go. I had the restoration app all filled and ready to go just in case.
You can also try to apply for visitor extension now before your status expires if that is what you will be comfortable with.

Redzie

Feb 11, 2018
And just my two cents..its very very VERY rare that you will gey refused for work permit since the only eligibility requirements for owp are that you should have a valid status when u applied for owp and that u should be married to a canadian citizen or PR.

Together

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hey..when u apply for PR and OWP at the same time and your OWP file is accepted as submitted then you have implied status. Its the OWP that gives u implied status not the AoR.
Do you have a reference for this? Because usually the implied status implies that you renew the status that you currently have, In case someone was in visitor status when applied for OWP and PR, this is not the case.