+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Called CIC today and I couldn’t get a hold of anyone. The machine did tell me that, if you submitted your application after February 10th, they haven’t started processing your application. 97 days processing time at the moment.

To be honest, to safe myself some stress, I think I’m just going to submit a restoration of status application, just in case. I read on the other thread what the other person is going through right now and that’s way worse than spending $200,- ,that I might not need to pay. Their OWP was denied because of being out of status and now they need to wait for the OWP until they get the PR in...
Hold on. I just realised I might have made a mistake. You had an IEC, right? This is a one time visa and thus, you can't extend it but I'm not sure if it gives you implied status if you sent in an application for visit or work permits before your IEC expired. I also don't think it's necessary for you to apply for restoration. @canuck_in_uk Can you please enlighten us? Thanks.

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Yes, I also did the same for the Sponsorship application plus attached the same note.
was it on imm0008 where you attached the same explanation? so to make it clear, im attaching the explanation on the restoration and owp and spousal sponsorship right?

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
was it on imm0008 where you attached the same explanation? so to make it clear, im attaching the explanation on the restoration and owp and spousal sponsorship right?

hi again venus. what sort of supporting documents did you include on your restoration? my partner has been supporting. anyway, can he write a letter stating that he will continue to financially provide for the both of us together with pay stubs from work and our joint bank account statement? and we will include our marriage certificate too. do you think this will work?

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Yes, imm0008 for the Spousal Sponsorship and imm5710 for OWP + Restoration.

hi again venus. what sort of supporting documents did you include on your restoration? my partner has been supporting. anyway, can he write a letter stating that he will continue to financially provide for the both of us together with pay stubs from work and our joint bank account statement? and we will include our marriage certificate too. do you think this will work?
I don't think that's necessary. However, if you can see on the checklist for the OWP, you are required to include your marriage certificate. When I applied, I only included the documents that were on the checklist.

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Yes, imm0008 for the Spousal Sponsorship and imm5710 for OWP + Restoration.

I don't think that's necessary. However, if you can see on the checklist for the OWP, you are required to include your marriage certificate. When I applied, I only included the documents that were on the checklist.
okay cool. im not sure how much money i should put in there tho. ahahha. ill just ask my partner to write a letter of support. cant hurt hey?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Called CIC today and I couldn’t get a hold of anyone. The machine did tell me that, if you submitted your application after February 10th, they haven’t started processing your application. 97 days processing time at the moment.

To be honest, to safe myself some stress, I think I’m just going to submit a restoration of status application, just in case. I read on the other thread what the other person is going through right now and that’s way worse than spending $200,- ,that I might not need to pay. Their OWP was denied because of being out of status and now they need to wait for the OWP until they get the PR in...
No point in applying for Restoration. You currently have valid Implied Status because you submitted a visitor extension prior to your IEC permit expiring.

As long as the visitor extension is not refused, your OWP should be issued as normal. If the visitor extension is refused, the OWP app will also be refused and then you will be out of status. That us when you would need to look at Restoration.

Reactions: Moek90 and iamvenus

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
okay cool. im not sure how much money i should put in there tho. ahahha. ill just ask my partner to write a letter of support. cant hurt hey?
and for the question my expenses will be paid by : other -> spouse / is this the right way to answer it?
I'm trying to find the expenses you are talking about. Can you please check the form and let me know which one it is? Because I don't have that part in my forms. Also, I want to make sure that you know you have to pay $255 for OWP + another $200 for the Restoration.

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
I'm trying to find the expenses you are talking about. Can you please check the form and let me know which one it is? Because I don't have that part in my forms. Also, I want to make sure that you know you have to pay $255 for OWP + another $200 for the Restoration.
i mean on the quesitons on personal details for the restoration. there is a specific question ( fund available for staying and who will pay for expenses while staying in canada )

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
i mean on the quesitons on personal details for the restoration. there is a specific question ( fund available for staying and who will pay for expenses while staying in canada )
Huh, I never had that question on mine. OWP + Restoration is in one form, imm5710. There's no other form for the restoration.

Last edited:

fifi83

Mar 12, 2018
Hi everyone
Just got my work permit, it's said "Unless authorized, must not attend any educational institution or take any academic, professional or vocational training course", is any one know if I be able to take some course under 10 day like cooking, make up or massage course? Thanks

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
No point in applying for Restoration. You currently have valid Implied Status because you submitted a visitor extension prior to your IEC permit expiring.

As long as the visitor extension is not refused, your OWP should be issued as normal. If the visitor extension is refused, the OWP app will also be refused and then you will be out of status. That us when you would need to look at Restoration.
But what if they refuse and the OWP decision is made shortly after, that means that there’s not enough time to apply for restoration, right? I read on another thread that someone’s OWP was denied because of out of status and now has to wait until AIP...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
But what if they refuse and the OWP decision is made shortly after, that means that there’s not enough time to apply for restoration, right? I read on another thread that someone’s OWP was denied because of out of status and now has to wait until AIP...
If the visitor extension is refused, you will be out of status and have 90 days from the date of refusal to apply for Restoration. The OWP would be refused because of the lack of status. You could apply for Restoration directly with the OWP or apply for Restoration as a visitor and then apply for the OWP once visitor status has been restored.

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
If the visitor extension is refused, you will be out of status and have 90 days from the date of refusal to apply for Restoration. The OWP would be refused because of the lack of status. You could apply for Restoration directly with the OWP or apply for Restoration as a visitor and then apply for the OWP once visitor status has been restored.
So if my OWP is refused, because of lack of status, I can restore my status and reapply for a new OWP?