+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

I.Smith

Jan 28, 2018
Hi there,

I'm sponsoring my husband for permanent residency. We had gone weeks over 7 without receiving the AOR, and I started freaking out. Then I just went ahead and linked his application to an on-line account, where it indicated his application is in process. Phew!

I have two questions:
1) Should I be concerned that I still haven't received the AOR, for myself or him? Is the notification on his account enough to feel safe?
2) I can't manage to link to my sponsorship application. I've entered the information several times and it always says "no application found." Will linking to his application be sufficient, or will they send important information to me, the sponsor, as well.

I'm especially concerned about linking an an online account to my sponsorship application considering normal methods of communication obviously haven't been coming through to us or have been going very slowly.

Thanks!

Lby

May 25, 2018
Hi everyone !! My wife is November 2017 still in the pcc process, but nothing yet from the cic we submitted the pcc since February 24 2018 should we be worried????

Lby

May 25, 2018
If you are inland, you should get medical request at least.
Yeah we checked our application on line they said they received the medical already , I guess it the same one she used for her owp they used instead !!! Can u anyone tell the wait after the medical

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hi there,

I'm sponsoring my husband for permanent residency. We had gone weeks over 7 without receiving the AOR, and I started freaking out. Then I just went ahead and linked his application to an on-line account, where it indicated his application is in process. Phew!

I have two questions:
1) Should I be concerned that I still haven't received the AOR, for myself or him? Is the notification on his account enough to feel safe?
2) I can't manage to link to my sponsorship application. I've entered the information several times and it always says "no application found." Will linking to his application be sufficient, or will they send important information to me, the sponsor, as well.

I'm especially concerned about linking an an online account to my sponsorship application considering normal methods of communication obviously haven't been coming through to us or have been going very slowly.

Thanks!
You two can only linked one account. So you have linked one, it won't link another.

My guessing either you will get email later today or the email gone to somewhere already, you or your husband's email blocked the cic.

Go to online tools to check, use your info to check. It will tells you when they send the email to you.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

rudycm

Sep 26, 2017
hi all! has anyone tried sending spousal sponsorship , open work permit and restoration of status all at the same time?
PR and OWP, yes. Not sure about restoration. But I believe so, as long as you are in the 90 days window after your status expired. I applied around 45 days before I applied for my PR and OWP.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi there,

I have two questions:

Thanks!
I think generally it's 4-8 weeks for the AOR, but since you were able to link it, I think you should be fine?

And for the second question, I'm not sure what you mean by sponsorship application. You mean sponsorship eligibility? Because there's no separate app for that nor is there anything separate to be linked. Eligibility is determined as part of the PR app. So you'll either have only the PR app linked, or both the PR app and the OWP app, if you applied for the work permit, since the work permit app is treated as separate.

I might be wrong and your case might be special, but this is the first I'm hearing of a sponsorship application, especially one that would be separate from the main PR app.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Another update from me: I received the OWP in the mail today.

So, app received Feb 9. I was notified that my OWP was approved via email on Saturday, May 26th, with the OWP being valid starting May 25. I received it in the mail May 30.

It's valid for two years and I have some restrictions such as no working in the medical field, primary and secondary schools, etc due to not having done my medical exam. Pretty standard stuff.

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
PR and OWP, yes. Not sure about restoration. But I believe so, as long as you are in the 90 days window after your status expired. I applied around 45 days before I applied for my PR and OWP.
so did you apply for restoration before sending your pr and owp app? thanks!

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
HEY ALL! greatful to have found thi group.

just to confrim if i have all the needed documents for spousal sponsorship.

im married with no dependents. here are the IMM documents that i know so far i need. (please let me know if i have some lacking)

- imm 5533
- imm 5532
- imm 5406
- imm 5669
- imm 1344
- imm 0008

do i still need to print out and include IMM 5476 (im not using a representative) / IMM (5475) and IMM 0008DEP (i have no dependents)

thanks!

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
I don't like the one has in-land and out-land mixed up. too messy to see. :(
me too - dislike the outland and inland mixed in.. too busy to read. check out the spreadsheet link in my signature. It's for inland only, which I am one.

Reactions: Michyy

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Another update from me: I received the OWP in the mail today.

So, app received Feb 9. I was notified that my OWP was approved via email on Saturday, May 26th, with the OWP being valid starting May 25. I received it in the mail May 30.

It's valid for two years and I have some restrictions such as no working in the medical field, primary and secondary schools, etc due to not having done my medical exam. Pretty standard stuff.
Congrats. I am happy for you:)

Reactions: np08