17-02-2018
AOR Received.
17-02-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Hi All,

I sent Family sponsorship in-Canada file with OWP on September 14th.
I received file number for sponsorship file on October 12th.
My OWP file was returned due to incomplete fees and I sent again on October 20th.

Can anybody guide me on when can we expect the OWP approval? Also, My wife got one offer letter from Univ of Toronto.
Can we flag poll and get her OWP from the border?

Pls guide. Any inputs will be well-appreciated.
Now the processing time is 113 days. So I am guessing it’s around next year mid Feb

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Now the processing time is 113 days. So I am guessing it’s around next year mid Feb

Guys,

Please help. I submitted an inland application for my spouse on Jan 2018.

It was received by CIC on Jan 15, 2018
Schedule A & police cert requested and submitted.
Medical requested & submitted in July 2018

and today i received the following letter stating that my application has been rejected.

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of (if applicable). I have reviewed your application and regret to advise that you are not an eligible sponsor for the following reason(s): You have not submitted an application for a member of the family class. You and the applicant were not cohabiting at the time of submitting your application. As such, the applicant is not a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Therefore, you do not meet regulation 133(1 )(a) with respect to regulations I 30(1)(c) and 124(a). Please refer to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations below for details. Given this ineligibility issue, we have not reviewed any other sponsorship criteria at this time.

You indicated on your sponsorship application that you wish to continue with its processing regardless of any ineligibility. The Application for Permanent Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and she will be contacted shortly.

Your ineligibility to sponsor will be a significant factor in the assessment of the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s). A final decision regarding that application shall be made and will be communicated to your relative. If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy wilt not be mailed to you. IMPORTANT: Passport(s) for your sponsored family member(s) must be valid for the duration of their stay in Canada. Reminder — Your undertaking is an unconditional promise of support

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
prschn, post: 7337858,

Are you living with your spouse?? Honest question

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Guys,

Please help. I submitted an inland application for my spouse on Jan 2018.

It was received by CIC on Jan 15, 2018
Schedule A & police cert requested and submitted.
Medical requested & submitted in July 2018

and today i received the following letter stating that my application has been rejected.

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of (if applicable). I have reviewed your application and regret to advise that you are not an eligible sponsor for the following reason(s): You have not submitted an application for a member of the family class. You and the applicant were not cohabiting at the time of submitting your application. As such, the applicant is not a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Therefore, you do not meet regulation 133(1 )(a) with respect to regulations I 30(1)(c) and 124(a). Please refer to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations below for details. Given this ineligibility issue, we have not reviewed any other sponsorship criteria at this time.

You indicated on your sponsorship application that you wish to continue with its processing regardless of any ineligibility. The Application for Permanent Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and she will be contacted shortly.

Your ineligibility to sponsor will be a significant factor in the assessment of the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s). A final decision regarding that application shall be made and will be communicated to your relative. If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy wilt not be mailed to you. IMPORTANT: Passport(s) for your sponsored family member(s) must be valid for the duration of their stay in Canada. Reminder — Your undertaking is an unconditional promise of support
Can you tell us about your relationship? We can't help if we don't know anything.

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Can you tell us about your relationship? We can't help if we don't know anything.
We got married in canada as well as from back home from 2016, but we did not live together when i submitted my application as she is studying in a different city and i work in a different city.

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
We got married in canada as well as from back home from 2016, but we did not live together when i submitted my application as she is studying in a different city and i work in a different city.
Wouldn't your spouse principle address be your current address even if s/he is living some where else while studying? Where s/he is now is a temporary address. Was this explained in your application? I know for a fact that full time students can have a principle address and a temporary address during their studies..

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
So they're right about refusing you as a sponsor and most likely the PR part would be rejected as well. Inland requires living together...
You should have applied Outland as it doesn't require both of you living in the same city...

Reactions: Betabr

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
No not at the moment. but we will be in couple of months as she is finishing her studies

We got marri
Wouldn't your spouse principle address be your current address even if s/he is living some where else while studying? Where s/he is now is a temporary address. Was this explained in your application? I know for a fact that full time students can have a principle address and a temporary address during their studies..
No, it wasn't. We declared that we lived in two different address. Do you think this is the reason they have rejected the file?

The letter says that I did not submit an application for a member of the family class. What does that mean?

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
So they're right about refusing you as a sponsor and most likely the PR part would be rejected as well. Inland requires living together...
You should have applied Outland as it doesn't require both of you living in the same city...

Would that not be declaring false information? We live in Canada, but in two different cities.

We also provided an explanation letter on why we live in different cities.

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
Would that not be declaring false information? We live in Canada, but in two different cities.

We also provided an explanation letter on why we live in different cities.
You can apply outland even though you're both in Canada because there is no requirement within outland to be living together at the time of application. On the other hand, inland requires that hence it's legit they will refuse you under inland class.
Since you're still intending to remain in the same situation for the coming months, you may resubmit the application under outland category from within Canada.

Reactions: Betabr

otawadublin

Jul 26, 2018
Hey! Does any one know how long from doing the lading interview it takes to receive your PR card in the mail?
Just received DM and hoping to be heading overseas around the New Year. Seems unlikely but wishful!

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
We got marri

No, it wasn't. We declared that we lived in two different address. Do you think this is the reason they have rejected the file?

The letter says that I did not submit an application for a member of the family class. What does that mean?
Sorry to say but the answer is YES. You got rejected because you are not living together which gives a clear red flag that this is a fraud marriage for PR. What you should have done was provided the same address even thou both of you are not living together. The question now is can this be corrected thou inland application?? I think obtaining a "free opinion" from an immigration lawyer will be your best bet as you now have a record that shows you guys are not cohabitating...You want to ensure getting all the correct information first before attempting another application