+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Jan 3 app here- eligibility passed letter came today!!! Yay!! Finally some movement. Waiting for AIP and SA hopefully in the upcoming days !
Congratulations to you and to everyone in their journeys!
Please share if you happen to know what CIC means by "Eligibility- passed". Is CIC referring to eligibility for sponsor passed, or eligibility to be a permanent resident passed?

Thank you in advance for anyone who has any input regarding what CIC looking at for "Eligibility". :)

yaya2016

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
AOR Received.
09-03-2018
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
08-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
Hello All,

Having question regarding sponsor employment update. I didn't submit my employer letter since I didn't have job at that time, however explanation letter submitted with application sent. Should I provide my employer letter now since this is getting closer? BTW I am Feb app. My lawyer told me no as cic will ask you to bring proof for landing interview. Please advise, appreciate your help

Good luck everyone :)

AdeAhmed

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Status update after a long silence of 3 months after my medical approval (barely long considering I thought it will take longer.

+1 on sandy94. I got my eligibility letter too. I checked few past posts by xHinax and the AIP/DM came 2 days after eligibility.
My timeline is:

Application received: Jan 11th, 2018
AOR received: February 11th, 2018
AOR received (For Sponsor): February 11th, 2018
Schedule A request: N/A (Upfront)
OWP approved: April 24th, 2018
Medical request received: June 27th, 2018
Medical done: July 12rd, 2018
Medical Passed: Aug 5th, 2018
Eligibility passed: October 25th, 2018

AIP: Waiting
DM: Waiting
Interview Email: Waiting

Thanks!
my wife also have almost identical timeline...sent slightly earlier (jan 3), did upfront medical in march for the open work permit...but i also got a request for rcmp check as been in canada more than six months...got the eligiblity letter today

so this elibility letter is not the same as approval in principle?

would like to apply for my wifes ohip, so any clarification would be great

also, noted in some signatures that checked ecas on both sides...as sponsor, how do i check my ecas?

tashi0001

May 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-01-2018
Doc's Request.
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
16-02-2018
File Transfer...
03-07-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
09-07-2018
my wife also have almost identical timeline...sent slightly earlier (jan 3), did upfront medical in march for the open work permit...but i also got a request for rcmp check as been in canada more than six months...got the eligiblity letter today

so this elibility letter is not the same as approval in principle?

would like to apply for my wifes ohip, so any clarification would be great

also, noted in some signatures that checked ecas on both sides...as sponsor, how do i check my ecas?

AdeAhmed ,

I am not sure about eligibility letter but I can help you with ecas
go to the following webpage

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en

Here enter the application number and details of the sponsor (lastname , country of birth ) , this way you can see both sponsor and principal applicant's details.

Rahel1986

Jun 15, 2018
Hello All
I just received this letter online, but I still didnt get my OWP.

We sent you medical instructions on October 24, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Last edited:

godmustbecrazy

Jan 31, 2018
Status update after a long silence of 3 months after my medical approval (barely long considering I thought it will take longer.

+1 on sandy94. I got my eligibility letter too. I checked few past posts by xHinax and the AIP/DM came 2 days after eligibility.
My timeline is:

Application received: Jan 11th, 2018
AOR received: February 11th, 2018
AOR received (For Sponsor): February 11th, 2018
Schedule A request: N/A (Upfront)
OWP approved: April 24th, 2018
Medical request received: June 27th, 2018
Medical done: July 12rd, 2018
Medical Passed: Aug 5th, 2018
Eligibility passed: October 25th, 2018
AIP: October 26th, 2018

DM: Waiting
Interview Email: Waiting

Thanks!

Update received my AIP today. Waiting on interview now. The email said this:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or

Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

Still waiting on the DM. Best of luck to everybody.

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
Update received my AIP today. Waiting on interview now. The email said this:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or

Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

Still waiting on the DM. Best of luck to everybody.
I believe that is DM.