+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 outland timeline

Faithgly27

Feb 22, 2018
Hello everyone,

Waiting can be the hardest thing to do in this process and so I thought of creating this page for us to have some light on what we are waiting for and to hear from those who finished the process already.

We applied for the Spousal application while my husband is in Canada and I am here in the middle east working ( outland application.)
here is our timeline:

Jan. 2, 2018- we submitted our application via courier.
Jan 4, @008- They received it ( delivered- confirmed only by Canada post)
Feb. 21, 2018- I received an email having my application no. and UCI and asking us to link our application but unfortunately, I locked already after using 3 diff GCkey accounts. I will try again later, and try the suggestions I saw in this page. I hope this time it will be linked. Is this a confirmation email from CIC regarding our application?

Feb. 22, 2018- my husband received a confirmation email to sponsor an applicant (me)

what's the next email/step that we should be receiving?

We know some people who had this process and they say that it is faster now this time and it took others 4-6 months from their application until they received their PR. Does anyone here experience the same?
pls. share your timeline.

I have a limited time here waiting, for my contract ends here by July 15 at most and I hope my PR will be available by then or else I need to sign for another 2 years(that's not our option) and I really want to be with my husband already.

I heard that police clearance is optional and will be sent only when they ask, is there anyone in here who hadn't ask for a police clearance?

M

marilamb

As far as I know its not 'optional'. They will ask for it when they need it.

Faithgly27

Feb 22, 2018
For the police clearance? Yes exactly what I mean by optional, that means that it will only be submittef when they ask for it. Until then no need to get one right?

M

marilamb

For the police clearance? Yes exactly what I mean by optional, that means that it will only be submittef when they ask for it. Until then no need to get one right?
Well optional mean you don't have too do it at all and thats it is up too you. In this sense you DO have to get it it just your choice to give it to them now or later. And depending what Country your SO is from you may need to apply for it soon or you will have to delay that app by waiting for it. So for example. A lot of Americans are applying for it early because if they do it by mail it can take up to 3 months to be sent.

Reactions: Faithgly27

Faithgly27

Feb 22, 2018
I just figured it out that I can’t get it done as early as now even though I want to without the request letter from CIC,( which is one of the requirements in getting pcc here.) I have confirmed that also in CIC web page that they will be sending a request letter for us to get the pcc.
Guess I have to wait until then.

Asamir

Aug 10, 2015
Visa Office......
Cairo
Hello everyone,

Waiting can be the hardest thing to do in this process and so I thought of creating this page for us to have some light on what we are waiting for and to hear from those who finished the process already.

We applied for the Spousal application while my husband is in Canada and I am here in the middle east working ( outland application.)
here is our timeline:

Jan. 2, 2018- we submitted our application via courier.
Jan 4, @008- They received it ( delivered- confirmed only by Canada post)
Feb. 21, 2018- I received an email having my application no. and UCI and asking us to link our application but unfortunately, I locked already after using 3 diff GCkey accounts. I will try again later, and try the suggestions I saw in this page. I hope this time it will be linked. Is this a confirmation email from CIC regarding our application?

Feb. 22, 2018- my husband received a confirmation email to sponsor an applicant (me)

what's the next email/step that we should be receiving?

We know some people who had this process and they say that it is faster now this time and it took others 4-6 months from their application until they received their PR. Does anyone here experience the same?
pls. share your timeline.

I have a limited time here waiting, for my contract ends here by July 15 at most and I hope my PR will be available by then or else I need to sign for another 2 years(that's not our option) and I really want to be with my husband already.

I heard that police clearance is optional and will be sent only when they ask, is there anyone in here who hadn't ask for a police clearance?

Hi :)
I have exactly your timeline dates.
however, I was able to link the application and found they sent a message for the applicant to submit Schedule A form for background and security check

for the sponsor, we should expect sponsorship approval letter (by email to mail) which indicate that the sponsor can sponsor :)

let's keep it updated :)

Faithgly27

Feb 22, 2018
Hello,
My husband just received the SA today and I still didn’t link, i’ll try not, just passed through the 24 hours,
How did you link yours?

Asamir

Aug 10, 2015
Visa Office......
Cairo
Hello,
My husband just received the SA today and I still didn’t link, i’ll try not, just passed through the 24 hours,
How did you link yours?
A VERY VERY important notes on linking the application

(1)
if the application has 1 sponsor and 1 principle applicant, put the value of 2 in "
Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application (required)"

of course, if there are children should be added as well

example
1 sponsor
1 primary applicant
2 children

value should 4

(2)
Passport information is not mandatory, don't fill them

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Hi, just wondering if you have already landed, or not.

I'm a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my spouse out land.

On June 20th 2018, I got an email from CIC that they have revived our application on May 22nd 2018 and asked us to link our application to our account, which we did.
On June 26, 2018 they asked us to upload IMM5669 once again because there was a field missing. On July 3rd they sent a Medical request. then on July 5th I got an email saying : "We are pleased to inform that you have met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor.
The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be sent to a visa office for
processing. The visa office will be selected based on your relative’s home address and the
requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A confirmation letter will be sent to you
once the application is sent to the visa office, informing you of the visa office selected. This
confirmation letter will also provide you with instructions on how to submit an undertaking application
to the Provincial government."

Today is July 11th and they have changed the status on my application to:

Review of medical results "You passed the medical exam"

I thought everything was happening fast and I had hopes that my spouse will land before December 2018. However, after reading some posts, I lost all my hopes since people were still waiting after almost 9 months...

anybody else in the same situation?

Thanks

noonnabi

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018

On June 20th 2018, I got an email from CIC that they have revived our application on May 22nd 2018 and asked us to link our application to our account, which we did.
On June 26, 2018 they asked us to upload IMM5669 once again because there was a field missing. On July 3rd they sent a Medical request. then on July 5th I got an email saying : "We are pleased to inform that you have met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor.
The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be sent to a visa office for
processing. The visa office will be selected based on your relative’s home address and the
requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A confirmation letter will be sent to you
once the application is sent to the visa office, informing you of the visa office selected. This
confirmation letter will also provide you with instructions on how to submit an undertaking application

I thought everything was happening fast and I had hopes that my spouse will land before December 2018. However, after reading some posts, I lost all my hopes since people were still waiting after almost 9 months...

Thanks
lol, give it a few months. We're a ways away from December.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am waiting too as my wife's application was forwarded to London Visa office last May 2018. She's in Dubai. Hopefully we'll hear soon from our respective VOs.

Goodluck

Faithgly27

Feb 22, 2018

Thanks
Yep..applied last Jan. 2018 and at first we were so happy too because it’s like every week our papers are moving...until our papers was transferred to LONDON Visa office since it is where I am assigned(for middle east addresses) and until now never heard feom them......
but I have my hopes up that i’ll hear from them at the end of the month
Did they tell you already which visa office will you be?

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Yep..applied last Jan. 2018 and at first we were so happy too because it’s like every week our papers are moving...until our papers was transferred to LONDON Visa office since it is where I am assigned(for middle east addresses) and until now never heard feom them......
but I have my hopes up that i’ll hear from them at the end of the month
Did they tell you already which visa office will you be?
Yes, they sent me an emaik to proceed with my undertaking application and they mentioned my VO is Ankara. That is actually where my application was sent. ... :/// everybody told me it will take a maximum of 6 months! Otherwise I would have just stayed with him before he gets a visa, instead of living here by myself...

Faithgly27

Feb 22, 2018
QUOTE="sh.mo2018, post: 7090753, member: 772793"]Yes, they sent me an emaik to proceed with my undertaking application and they mentioned my VO is Ankara. That is actually where my application was sent. ... :/// everybody told me it will take a maximum of 6 months! Otherwise I would have just stayed with him before he gets a visa, instead of living here by myself...[/QUOTE]
I understand the frustration, I feel you.
6 mons from the transfer to ankara VO?
... hope it will be faster for both of us this time.