+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

Aravindvanc

Apr 4, 2019
Hello
Bcpnp inland applicant applied as single
Received 13 may 2019
Aor 17 june 2019

I have a question regarding adding spouse to existing application.
I am going to get married soon and I would like to add my spouse in my application. Is it better to marry her now and add her to my file or is it better to marry her after i get my PR and apply later.
I am in confused situation now.
Please reply me if someone went through similar situation or know someone added their spouse while the application is being processed.
Thank you

Prg.7778

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Everything passed on may 31. Second ghost update to extend medical on june 9.work permit expiring next month. Still nothing... confused and depressed

Reactions: cherryto

mani@

Feb 17, 2018
Everything passed on may 31. Second ghost update to extend medical on june 9.work permit expiring next month. Still nothing... confused and depressed
For me everything passed on june 10 and medical still valid for 6 months....nothing yet

Sirtee

Star Member
May 30, 2018
AOR Received.
20-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Hello
Bcpnp inland applicant applied as single
Received 13 may 2019
Aor 17 june 2019

I have a question regarding adding spouse to existing application.
I am going to get married soon and I would like to add my spouse in my application. Is it better to marry her now and add her to my file or is it better to marry her after i get my PR and apply later.
I am in confused situation now.
Please reply me if someone went through similar situation or know someone added their spouse while the application is being processed.
Thank you
You don't have to be confused, all you need do is weigh your options, and choose what's best for you.
Adding your spouse will definitely extended your processing time, but if done early enough, you may not experience much delay (max of 6-9 months)
Better still, wait till you get your PR and sponsor your spouse (the current processing time is 12 months).
But the most important thing is getting your spouse to Canada if She/He is not in the country. I will advise you apply for OWP

A dhawan

Jun 18, 2019
I don't know whats happening with my application
AR -25 january
File number -25 feb
MR- 7 june
MP -17 june
Pre arrival invitation -21 august
And nothing after that

Aravindvanc

Apr 4, 2019
You don't have to be confused, all you need do is weigh your options, and choose what's best for you.
Adding your spouse will definitely extended your processing time, but if done early enough, you may not experience much delay (max of 6-9 months)
Better still, wait till you get your PR and sponsor your spouse (the current processing time is 12 months).
But the most important thing is getting your spouse to Canada if She/He is not in the country. I will advise you apply for OWP
I don’t have noc o,a,b job to apply for sowp and we are not married yet.

Sirtee

Star Member
May 30, 2018
AOR Received.
20-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
I don’t have noc o,a,b job to apply for sowp and we are not married yet.
Well to the best of my knowledge, I know people who are not in NOC O. A or B, who got sowp, with their provincial nomination certificate as a supporting document.

dcnb

May 9, 2019
Good morning!

Good news here: January applicant and PPR received this morning!

No "decision made" before this, ghost updated happened on May 28th, medicals were expired June 14th and we have no information related to its extension (I didn't call IRCC). Principal applicant and one dependent. Still no changes on CIC website.

Our passports expiry date was October 2019, so we had them renewed and submitted a copy through Webfrom on June 5th. We received IRCC confirmation on June 12th.

Full timeline:
Application sent - 15 January 2018
Application received - 20 February 2018
Medical request - 31 May 2018
Medical approved - June 2018
Pre-arrival letter - 11 August 2018
GU - 28 May 2019
PPR and DM - 18 June 2019

We were expecting for a Wednesday, we were expecting for PPR on day or two weeks after the ghost update and nothing really made any sense to us... but we were relying on anything that helped us go through this exhausting process!

Thanks so much for each one of you! The forum really helped relief our stress when most of Canadian co-workers and family back home have no idea on how exhausting this process can be!

Good luck guys! I hope you all receive the same good news really soon :)

SimonWPG

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Good morning!

Good news here: January applicant and PPR received this morning!

No "decision made" before this, ghost updated happened on May 28th, medicals were expired June 14th and we have no information related to its extension (I didn't call IRCC). Principal applicant and one dependent. Still no changes on CIC website.

Our passports expiry date was October 2019, so we had them renewed and submitted a copy through Webfrom on June 5th. We received IRCC confirmation on June 12th.

Full timeline:
Application sent - 15 January 2018
Application received - 20 February 2018
Medical request - 31 May 2018
Medical approved - June 2018
Pre-arrival letter - 11 August 2018
GU - 28 May 2019
PPR and DM - 18 June 2019

We were expecting for a Wednesday, we were expecting for PPR on day or two weeks after the ghost update and nothing really made any sense to us... but we were relying on anything that helped us go through this exhausting process!

Thanks so much for each one of you! The forum really helped relief our stress when most of Canadian co-workers and family back home have no idea on how exhausting this process can be!

Good luck guys! I hope you all receive the same good news really soon :)
congrats!
which province are you in? In land or out land applicant?