+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

DAF644

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
great news is cic starts working on Jan. I saw GU this morning and then called cic, agent told me that an officer was working on my file yesterday and today, my security is now passed.
btw im ainp single AR jan 22, aor aprox 1 mths later. medical pass on June 15 2018 . which means my medical is going to expire soon. I asked the agent about this as well, he did not give me a clear answer. basically just told me do nothing but wait. as i understand, my medical has not been extended. hope i will get ppr before it expire.
With a bunch of Jan 2018’s medicals expiring in June and all the calls they’ve been getting, I’m hopeful they are touching the applications finally and we might be seeing a sudden PPR rain in the next couple weeks.

Edit plus they are not answering anything about medicals, so that can possibly mean they are planning to send PPR soon.

Pinkyyy

Apr 9, 2019
When did your security started
i don't know. but i guess an officer starts working on it since yesterday. according to the note i order in Feb. they finished everything except security in Aug 2018. I guess for an applicants as simple as i am, it shouldn't took long to process securty. i came to Alberta 5 yrs ago for university, my background in my home country is basically empty....

mani@

Feb 17, 2018
i don't know. but i guess an officer starts working on it since yesterday. according to the note i order in Feb. they finished everything except security in Aug 2018. I guess for an applicants as simple as i am (i came to Alberta 5 yrs ago for university) my background in my home country is basically empty....
Lol they were just waiting for security to be done for 10 months

Pinkyyy

Apr 9, 2019
With a bunch of Jan 2018’s medicals expiring in June and all the calls they’ve been getting, I’m hopeful they are touching the applications finally and we might be seeing a sudden PPR rain in the next couple weeks.

Edit plus they are not answering anything about medicals, so that can possibly mean they are planning to send PPR soon.
i really hope so. counting down 10days!!! since 15 is Saturday. im expecting June 12 WED for my ppr. seems like cic sending out most ppr emails on Wed.

ivsyw0415

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
The worst feeling is when everyone else is talking about DM/PPR/GU, there is no progress on my end.
Ye, your are not alone. Sounds like everyone else have at least GU, but they even didn’t touch my file for the last 10 months. After I called cic today, I feel more frustrated because the agent assure that my security haven’t started yet and no medi extend neither...

mani@

Feb 17, 2018
Ye, your are not alone. Sounds like everyone else have at least GU, but they even didn’t touch my file for the last 10 months. After I called cic today, I feel more frustrated because the agent assure that my security haven’t started yet and no medi extend neither...
Do not trust them ....in the morninh i called they told me file is in ottawa and then in the evening it was in CIO sydney..

In the morning they told me security not started rest all good...and in the evening security not started rest all passed...doing additional verifications ..qhen i asked what itnis about he was like just normal verifications ....insane

ccflames

May 15, 2016
great news is cic starts working on Jan. I saw GU this morning and then called cic, agent told me that an officer was working on my file yesterday and today, my security is now passed.
btw im ainp single AR jan 22, aor aprox 1 mths later. medical pass on June 15 2018 . which means my medical is going to expire soon. I asked the agent about this as well, he did not give me a clear answer. basically just told me do nothing but wait. as i understand, my medical has not been extended. hope i will get ppr before it expire.
Sorry I am asking this stupid question. But how did you reach a CIC agent? What options did you key in during the call?

Eskiimo

Sep 26, 2018
That’s pretty much the same when I called last week, no information on extension or remedical (passed on Jun 14 2018), security not started, application within processing time, please wait patiently lol.

I had the same feeling, that no one is touching the application right now, in fact I think no one touched it since prearrival back in Aug 2018, which is really really frustrating, because our applications could have been finished and approved months ago. Just check those guys from Mar to Jun 2018 who got PPR already.

My theories to why Jan 2018 is taking so long:
- A female officer was taking care of this batch and she took a maternity leave, and no one else decided to pick it up.
- The responsible officer was doing Jan 2018 quickly in the beginning (early medicals), then got caught up with backlogs and didn’t manage his time and applications properly.
- The officer got fired and they haven’t hired a new replacement and/or no one bothered picking up from there.
- Someone spilled coffee on the Jan 2018 pile so they had to reprint everything and they couldn’t be bothered for a while.

What other theories do you have?
I feel like the second one

Ranjeet706

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hi

One of mine friend got ppr yesterday he was may2018 applicant got his pr within 13 months
And I m jan2018 applicant still waiting on my medical is expireing by 16th June.

Do any body from Jan got ppr ..