+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

Vicky sidhu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
Feb 5,2018
AOR Received.
March 7,2018
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
June 28,2019
Med's Done....
July 3,2019
Interview........
No
@Thesa any update regarding medical or do you know anyone as same scenario as us.

dreamerx10

Jul 22, 2015
Mine also says 10 weeks left even though the lady on the phone today said security check is not started yet (and my medicals are expiring in 2 weeks). My only consolation is that I've heard people saying they called asking about security and the person on the phone said it wasn't started, but then they got PPR in 2-3 weeks after. lol what
They always say security not started and you will suddenly receive ppr. Check December 2017 thread.. one guy was told that you will have to do medical again.. He literally cried ... And then some days later he got ppr... I called cic too, they told me that i won't have to do remedial again if needed they will extend it... And said that background check is in process

steyn007

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
I got an update, i have received an email requesting passport, on may 8 which i have seen only on yesterday.They sent the mail to the email i put on paper application instead of one on the cic profile.Almost crossed the 30 days time limit, hopefully it will be fine.Tricky part is there is no update on my cic profile which i check once in a while.
Good luck all!
Application received- 19 march 2018
Aor- 18 april 2018
Medical reuest- 25 march 2019
Pre arrival- 26 March 2019
Inland.

Reactions: iamgursingh

stellar79

Nov 26, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2018
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
31-05-2018
Interview........
No
As of June 4, migrant workers in Canada with an employer-specific work permit will be able to apply for an open work permit if they are in an abusive situation related to their current job. With an open work permit, the worker will be able to look for new work immediately, with almost any employer, and escape the situation they were facing. Learn more: http://ow.ly/Co5P50utKxK

To all my friends who are suffering because of closed work permit. This is a great news!

Game789

Star Member
May 31, 2019
AR- march 29 2018
AOR- may 19 2018
No update after that
Couple of weeks ago status changed from IP to AR
I called cic
They said your file is at LVO
Only criminality has started yet
What’s going on ?

iamgursingh

May 11, 2019
They always say security not started and you will suddenly receive ppr. Check December 2017 thread.. one guy was told that you will have to do medical again.. He literally cried ... And then some days later he got ppr... I called cic too, they told me that i won't have to do remedial again if needed they will extend it... And said that background check is in process
Idk how it works anymore. They sent me a re-test and I've booked an examination for 4th June. About a month ago, cic call center agent told me that security was initiated but the day before yesterday his new agent informed me that there's no indication whether it's actuality started or not. Lo and behold, the very next day around 6:45 central, I got request for medical. :oops:

michaelyegamg

Apr 10, 2019
Idk how it works anymore. They sent me a re-test and I've booked an examination for 4th June. About a month ago, cic call center agent told me that security was initiated but the day before yesterday his new agent informed me that there's no indication whether it's actuality started or not. Lo and behold, the very next day around 6:45 central, I got request for medical. :oops:
Is your previous test upfront? Are you inland or outland?

dreamerx10

Jul 22, 2015
That's so irritating.. i just hope we get some good news this month

Reactions: iamgursingh

rimpy91

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
As of June 4, migrant workers in Canada with an employer-specific work permit will be able to apply for an open work permit if they are in an abusive situation related to their current job. With an open work permit, the worker will be able to look for new work immediately, with almost any employer, and escape the situation they were facing. Learn more: http://ow.ly/Co5P50utKxK

To all my friends who are suffering because of closed work permit. This is a great news!
Canada is best...,:)