+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

DaniS90

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
I think every December, January and February applicant should call and ask why their security has not started while even some may applicants got ppr
I really think they are just trying to improve their average processing time by tricking the system. Giving PPR to December and January at this point won't help their average much. Whole system seems corrupt

NataliiaShk

Aug 4, 2018
Hello once again! I called a CIC today regarding my file, they told me that my documents are in London and they make a background check. ( don’t know if they start it) They also give me a contact to Londons office. Is there anyone who had contacted them? Do you think i need to write them or just keep on waiting?

DAF644

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Do they answer phone calls on Saturdays?
Every time I try to call them during work days I gotta wait forever in line and it makes it impossible to get ahold of a person before I have to hang up (and can’t really ask them to call back because I cannot carry my phone during work).

xjb334

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Every time I try to call them during work days I gotta wait forever in line and it makes it impossible to get ahold of a person before I have to hang up (and can’t really ask them to call back because I cannot carry my phone during work).
No I don't think so.

mani@

Feb 17, 2018
Buddy did u pass eligibility and criminality

jnemiada

Feb 12, 2014
Quezon City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 04, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 04, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
January 27, 2014
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
March 22, 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
ive been itching to check my application status but i chose not to, as i promise myself that i will check it on april 1st. but honestly based on what im seeing in here seems like alot of applicants from dec, jan, feb are still waiting for PPR, not keeping my hopes high come april 1st but please cic do somethin, be fair to us who applied early.

Reactions: iamgursingh

DAF644

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Buddy did u pass eligibility and criminality
Yes, I passed both. Apparently only security left.

PNP from Alberta, single inland applicant received in January 2018. Last update was prearrival letter in August 2018 (eligibility passed).
I ordered GCMS once in Oct 2018 and got them in November stating that everything was passed (medicals, criminality, eligibility), and Security was "Ready for PS".

Have been in Canada for almost 4 years now, working for 2 years, never left the country since I got here and no complicated travel history either.
Paying taxes, adapted to the country, speak both official languages fluently. Cannot understand why the holdup.

DAF644

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
I really think they are just trying to improve their average processing time by tricking the system. Giving PPR to December and January at this point won't help their average much. Whole system seems corrupt
This seems like the most likely explanation, and it's just repulsive if it's true. Playing with people's lives like this.

veravera

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018

PNP from Alberta, single inland applicant received in January 2018. Last update was prearrival letter in August 2018 (eligibility passed).
I ordered GCMS once in Oct 2018 and got them in November stating that everything was passed (medicals, criminality, eligibility), and Security was "Ready for PS".

Have been in Canada for almost 4 years now, working for 2 years, never left the country since I got here and no complicated travel history either.
Paying taxes, adapted to the country, speak both official languages fluently. Cannot understand why the holdup.
As it is often said here you are “overqualified “ :)
You are too good

mani@

Feb 17, 2018

This makes me worried.....i passed my eligibility 10 of may and passed criminality and medicals too..i am june 4 2018 applicant...i dont when i will get...my status is we are processing your background check

DAF644

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
As it is often said here you are “overqualified “ :)
You are too good
I am working what they consider a NOC C job, that's why I did not apply through EE (how I wish I did, 6 months PR sounds like the dream). However my NOC C job pays almost double of what my NOC B job did when I started working in this country, and my current employer respects me as an employee and person, something that the NOC B job did not.

I'm not overqualified, I'm just a simple person like many others in here that have fulfilled all the requirements to immigrate to this country, but for some reason they decide to make it such an excruciating journey for non-EE applicants where we have to pause our lives and limit ourselves (jobs, careers, personal life) for a time period that is almost as long as a woman's 2 maternity leaves. It's insane.
Meanwhile they are pumping in overqualified, master degree holders through EE in such a fast pace that many of them have to start their lives working a minimum wage at Walmart because there is just not enough opportunities or connections for all these super qualified people (I've met plenty).

Their system is flawed, plain and simple. The NOC thing, the processing times, the priorities...

They think EE is bringing in the best therefore they focus on that only. Then you have all the rest, some of which (us, PNP inalnd applicants) are the most logical choices to quickly succeed with their lives in Canada, because we already surpassed the initial harsh reality of being a newcomer.

What do you think would be the most logical choice? I'm sure there are so many people applying to Canada whom would be amazing candidates whereas other countries would be dying to have them as their immigrants.

I love this country, but I hate their immigration system.

Last edited:

DAF644

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
This makes me worried.....i passed my eligibility 10 of may and passed criminality and medicals too..i am june 4 2018 applicant...i dont when i will get...my status is we are processing your background check
My status has been "We are processing your background check" since the very beginning when I linked my application online.
Who knows though, maybe you will be luckier and get yours processed faster like all those Mar-Apr-May applicants. One thing I've learned is to not have any expectations regarding updates. It can be early or late.
Look at us Jan 2018 applicants. We got our AORs and MRs really fast, then we got PALs a bit after. We were all happy thinking that our applications would be completed soon back in 2018. And here we are.

mani@

Feb 17, 2018
My status has been "We are processing your background check" since the very beginning when I linked my application online.
Who knows though, maybe you will be luckier and get yours processed faster like all those Mar-Apr-May applicants. One thing I've learned is to not have any expectations regarding updates. It can be early or late.
Look at us Jan 2018 applicants. We got our AORs and MRs really fast, then we got PALs a bit after. We were all happy thinking that our applications would be completed soon back in 2018. And here we are.
Hope so.....i have deadline till june 15 2019 for admission into january 2020 program..otherwise its gonna be next sept 2020.....
I was expecting to get it by next week but now i am really worried