+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

atlas5645

Jun 7, 2018
There can be several reasons why we (Dec 2017 ~ Jan 2018) don’t get ppr.

One can be that officers are divided into some months, and those in charge of our months worked hard around last May-June and they are on vacation now.

Another can be that they now have different rules than before. Those rules could include that medical exams done almost one year ago can not be trusted. That’s why applicants who passed the medical exam recently got ppr very fast. They may also not want to delay the current pace of giving PRs. In this case, I think we will get additional MRs whenever there’s a spot for the medical exam and get PRs accordingly.

I don’t think that they would even consider that we are left behind. They would only consider seriously that our medical results are just old, so should not accept. Hopefully, I am wrong. Haha

By the way, while waiting for the PR, I am accepted by some schools. I don’t know what to do. My normal timeline says it will be completed in August, but the school starts in September.

Will it be safe to apply for the study permit? According to the IRCC website, I need to go back to my home country’s visa office to give biometrics. What a waste of time and money. :(

Reactions: iamgursingh

Vicky sidhu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
Feb 5,2018
AOR Received.
March 7,2018
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
June 28,2019
Med's Done....
July 3,2019
Interview........
No
Any update anyone

Derek78

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Hi guys,
I just speaked to an agent and he told me that security check was started on may 8 and still in progress.
How long does this security check take, do you have any ideas?
I am Nov 23, 2017 inland applicant with 2 dependents.
MR 08 May 2018
MP 02 June 2018.
Also he told me that they will extend medical, so don't needed to do it again.

iamgursingh

May 11, 2019
Hi guys,
I just speaked to an agent and he told me that security check was started on may 8 and still in progress.
How long does this security check take, do you have any ideas?
I am Nov 23, 2017 inland applicant with 2 dependents.
MR 08 May 2018
MP 02 June 2018.
Also he told me that they will extend medical, so don't needed to do it again.
Finally some relief regarding the medicals at least.

Jeff Stipa

Feb 3, 2018
There can be several reasons why we (Dec 2017 ~ Jan 2018) don’t get ppr.

One can be that officers are divided into some months, and those in charge of our months worked hard around last May-June and they are on vacation now.

Another can be that they now have different rules than before. Those rules could include that medical exams done almost one year ago can not be trusted. That’s why applicants who passed the medical exam recently got ppr very fast. They may also not want to delay the current pace of giving PRs. In this case, I think we will get additional MRs whenever there’s a spot for the medical exam and get PRs accordingly.

I don’t think that they would even consider that we are left behind. They would only consider seriously that our medical results are just old, so should not accept. Hopefully, I am wrong. Haha

By the way, while waiting for the PR, I am accepted by some schools. I don’t know what to do. My normal timeline says it will be completed in August, but the school starts in September.

Will it be safe to apply for the study permit? According to the IRCC website, I need to go back to my home country’s visa office to give biometrics. What a waste of time and money. :(

Hi!
Regarding Medical exams, I did mine one year ago and I received a request from CIC asking for a medical exam. The day after that I received another letter from CIC saying that they found my exam and I don't need to do another one. So I think they really don't have a proper process there. lol .

iamgursingh

May 11, 2019
For sure) I just worry about how long can take this security check. In some cases it can take up to 6 months (as I see on forums) :(
This shouldn't be the case with international students at least who've been staying in the country for over three consecutive years. I guess a regular police criminal should be suffice for them 'cause they pretty much submitted a pcc from their home countries when they apply for study permit. But again its IRCC :oops:

Paul_svp

Mar 20, 2019
This shouldn't be the case with international students at least who've been staying in the country for over three consecutive years. I guess a regular police criminal should be suffice for them 'cause they pretty much submitted a pcc from their home countries when they apply for study permit. But again its IRCC :oops:
My dear friend,
It will be 5 years completed for me staying in Canada. Still waiting.

ammann

Mar 2, 2018
Hi I just checked my gc key account, it shows your application is updated/New but I don’t see anything updated, everything is same, is this normal ?