+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

Nino-In-Canada

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hi guys, just got my GCMS notes and the only thing which is not started is the Security.
All the others requirements were passed like eligibility, medical, criminality and info sharing which the status is complete.....
Do you guys have any clue about how long the security takes to be done?

Thank you
Where is the current location of the file? Do you see S.15 anywhere?
what are the last comments entered into your account and when?

syali

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi guys, just got my GCMS notes and the only thing which is not started is the Security.
All the others requirements were passed like eligibility, medical, criminality and info sharing which the status is complete.....
Do you guys have any clue about how long the security takes to be done?

Thank you
Whats your timeline and steam ?

maplegoal

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-10-2017
Doc's Request.
10-10-2017
Nomination.....
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
Hi Guys,

Just got my gcms notes.. here we go nothing has been started on my application besides info sharing... after more than 13 months nothing has started... :(
Good thing is Im in Canada already with TRV but still nothing after 13 months.. whats going on..

PNP - paper based - Inland
AOR - JAN 2018!!!!
Nothing after that..

alk0494

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
Hi Guys,

Just got my gcms notes.. here we go nothing has been started on my application besides info sharing... after more than 13 months nothing has started... :(
Good thing is Im in Canada already with TRV but still nothing after 13 months.. whats going on..

AOR - JAN 2018!!!!
Nothing after that..
TRV not mean inland. i think . do you have any residence permit here?

maplegoal

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-10-2017
Doc's Request.
10-10-2017
Nomination.....
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
TRV not mean inland. i think . do you have any residence permit here?
Sorry meant Outland.. yup have 2 years work permit

Edutasne

Feb 8, 2019
Where is the current location of the file? Do you see S.15 anywhere?
what are the last comments entered into your account and when?
I don't know exactly where to look for the current location of the file but I can see as secondary office CPC - Ottawa.
There's a S.15(1) on the right up corner on the page 2

zahadum

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
29-01-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-05-2019
Hi Guys,

AOR - JAN 2018!!!!
Nothing after that..
Nothing started? really? Unbelievable CIC... But be patient, when you get MR, I think PPR will come soon. At the end it's all about 15-19 months...

DAF644

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
My theory is that the security process doesn't actually take as long as we think. See EE applicants. There is clearly a priority with EE over paper-based, but how can you explain 6 months or less to get PR? Meanwhile paper-based PNPs wait 15-24 months.

In certain cases an applicant may have to undergo an extensive security process, so yes this is the cause for a very long processing time, breaking the dreadful 2-year mark in several cases.

I've read several timelines where people had no security started stated on their notes and suddenly everything is done and they get PPR and COPR. This might also be the case of officers not updating notes and the system properly. How come some of us January 2018 inland applicants got our MR very early, and others got it later or are still waiting for it? And we are all possibly going to be processed as one single batch and get our PPRs around the same time? Background earlier, later, who knows?

The only thing I can think of, really, is that our applications just sit on a queue, and we all have to wait for backlogs to be cleared out and officers to finally pick up our files from the database. Sometimes, applicants may luck out and have an officer pick up a batch "earlier" than expected. It's clear they work with batches, but every now and then you see a few lucky winners who get their application approved fast.

Most applicants are literally waiting for a quick glance and approval stamp while they put their lives on hold, waiting to make career moves, get married, travel, finance a house, etc.

Last edited:

DAF644

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Also, it seems like you have a better change of getting your application approved faster if your file gets moved to another office other than the CIO.
The CIO is quite slow compared to other offices across the country.

At least that's what I noticed from fast approval cases on these forums.

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
Hi Guys,

AOR - JAN 2018!!!!
Nothing after that..
Hey, what is showing currently on your CIC account ? is Eligibility and Background showing "We are processing... " or something like this ?

Reactions: KKK.f

clinkz

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Mar 19 received
Apr 19 AOR
Nothing til now.
I submitted my EE application on Jan 24...hopefully it can be approved before PNP lol

oduvan4ik

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
The only thing I can think of, really, is that our applications just sit on a queue, and we all have to wait for backlogs to be cleared out and officers to finally pick up our files from the database. Sometimes, applicants may luck out and have an officer pick up a batch "earlier" than expected. It's clear they work with batches, but every now and then you see a few lucky winners who get their application approved fast.
+1 from me on this.

Jenn20

Mar 12, 2019
Hi
A quick question!!
Do we have to update about our employment to cic if something changes, during the process of PR.
Like if i currently lost my job or i change my job.
I applied on pnp basis for PR and my file is currently processing.
Thanks

kenthething23

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Mar 19 received
Apr 19 AOR
Nothing til now.
I submitted my EE application on Jan 24...hopefully it can be approved before PNP lol
Can you do EE and paper based application simultaneously?? I’m gonna do it then cuz I’m also eligible for EE! The waiting is killing me lol