+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

stellar79

Nov 26, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2018
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
31-05-2018
Interview........
No
why you guys are so fast ? my background is super simple as well. I got AOR on march and I do not even have my MR yet. OMG start getting worried
I have no clue! They did this to all applicants untill feb 2018, then we saw alot of waiting. I hope u get ur mr soon

Khan81

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ohh! I thought they send you pre arrival invitation when you pass the eligibility stage??? is that true?
because my timeline is:-

Application sent-12 jan 2018
application received-17 jan 2018
AOR-22 feb 2018
MR-31 may 2018
MP- 14 June 2018
Ghost update- 15 aug 2018
Pre-arrival invitation-16 aug 2018
PPR.......WAITING.

I called cic the other day when I got pre arrival letter, they said security is not started yet. do you guys have any idea how long is it going to take?
Which CIC number you called ??? I have same timeline may be I should call CIC. thanks

stellar79

Nov 26, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2018
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
31-05-2018
Interview........
No

ohmygawd

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
Let us assume the agent is correct. However, no matter what you will need to create an online application. Based on what you described, it seems that after you answer some questions and the system decides that you cannot apply work permit for your spouse. Thus, unless the agent tells you how to actually create an online application, otherwise, what the agent told you does not quite help.

Or you may try to find immigration lawyers to see if they can help, as they are more experienced.
Best wishes to you~
Hello Random 1992,

I am coming back to you again because I am still battling with the issue of applying for a work permit for my spouse. I called CIC office on three different occasions and explained my situation to them: I do not have a NOC B job and I have an ongoing PR application under the Provincial Nominee program and my spouse is outside Canada. I was told by the agents that my spouse can apply for a work permit and also a TRV at the same time based on the fact that I have an ongoing PR application. The agent asked that my spouse include the following documents: My work permit, my provincial nomination certificate and our marriage certificate. The agent also sent me the following email:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Open work permit - Spouse or common-law partner of a provincial nominee

An open work permit (open WP) is a great opportunity to work in Canada temporarily. It enables you to work with any employer you wish.

You can apply for an open work permit if you are the spouse/common-law partner of a Provincial Nominee.

Application form

The application is available on our website. You can either:

• Apply online, or
  • Send an application by mail.
We recommend reading the instruction guide first, it will assist you in completing and submitting your application.

You will need to submit a complete application before your status expires so that your current status is maintained under the same conditions until a decision is made on your permit request (implied status).

Once your work permit is approved, you can start working.

To find out how long it may take to process your application, please visit the processing times page.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My concern is that when I click on the page, it takes me to CIC website that says applying from inside Canada, which was why I had to call back the second and third time. Also, when I check for eligibility and select provincial nominee as an option, it generates lots of forms including LMIA forms and some payment from my employee if I am exempt.

1. My question now is what document checklist should I use for this application if I decide to apply on paper, which seems like the most plausible thing to do.
2. If I also decide to apply online, should I just ignore the list of documents that were generated when checking for eligibility?

I am at a loss and would require a constructive advise to help me move forward.

NB : We have made two applications for visitors visa and were refused, I also explained this to the agent. I do not want to send the wrong application and stand a chance of being rejected again, as I believe that one of the reasons for those rejections was probably because we sent in the wrong application. We ordered notes the first time and there was nothing tangible there, only that there are no family ties in Canada.

Thank you in advance.

Sepidnour

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Nomination.....
2018-08-23
AOR Received.
01-03-2022
Hello every one! I’m a new member. We just recieved our PNP 3 days ago. I have prepared all the documents and will send it express on Monday.
I am now here in Canada by post-graduate open work permit which I recieved last week, however my spouses open work permit will expire on September 30th.
I do not have any job offer or pay slips yet since I’ve just received my pgwp!
Any advice on how my spouse can extend his owp? He is working a good job in NOC B and don’t want to lose it . Please help us if you have a same experience. Also, would flag poling help?!

ChrisBanks

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hello every one! I’m a new member. We just recieved our PNP 3 days ago. I have prepared all the documents and will send it express on Monday.
I am now here in Canada by post-graduate open work permit which I recieved last week, however my spouses open work permit will expire on September 30th.
I do not have any job offer or pay slips yet since I’ve just received my pgwp!
Any advice on how my spouse can extend his owp? He is working a good job in NOC B and don’t want to lose it . Please help us if you have a same experience. Also, would flag poling help?!
I would have suggested she applied for BOWP but you guys haven't submitted your application. Since she's your spouse, she could jump on your pgwp by applying for an owp. My thoughts though

Sepidnour

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Nomination.....
2018-08-23
AOR Received.
01-03-2022
I would have suggested she applied for BOWP but you guys haven't submitted your application. Since she's your spouse, she could jump on your pgwp by applying for an owp. My thoughts though
Thanks, but doesn’t he need my job offer and 3 pay slips to be able to jump on my pgwp?

Sepidnour

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Nomination.....
2018-08-23
AOR Received.
01-03-2022
You are right. He could talk to his employer to give him a reference letter. He should also include the nomination certificate when applying for the extension of his owp
Do you have the same experience or know someone who has done this before? He has his job offer and pay slips but is it enough for extending his owp?

Isabel01

Aug 26, 2018
Hi All, i just got information about applying to canada still a bit confused about how the PNP works and what the best provinces to apply. I do have a son studying in manitoba is it best to start with manitoba? Can I apply to various PNP for different provinces? grateful for any help and guidance on how this works....

ChrisBanks

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Do you have the same experience or know someone who has done this before? He has his job offer and pay slips but is it enough for extending his owp?
I've never had that experience nor known anybody with similar case. You have to be positive. He should submit the application for PR before applying for the work permit. Your spouse could attach the receipt/tracking number of the PR application when applying for his owp. Let him include a letter of explanation. He should be fine.

If any other person has a solution, he/she could help.

Sepidnour

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Nomination.....
2018-08-23
AOR Received.
01-03-2022
I've never had that experience nor known anybody with similar case. You have to be positive. He should submit the application for PR before applying for the work permit. Your spouse could attach the receipt/tracking number of the PR application when applying for his owp. Let him include a letter of explanation. He should be fine.

If any other person has a solution, he/she could help.
Thank you Chris.
Do you know how long before his owp expiry date , he can apply for extention? For instance can he do it two weeks before expiry? Cuz in that case we’ll hopefully recieve our receipt from IRCC for PR application.