+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

Grechy7

Apr 12, 2018
Grechy.... When did you apply for you paper based application ?
I applied to PNP in June last year. However, I applied to CIC in November 2017. I just completed the Medical exams on June 1st. You guys outland have a huge advantage over us (Cheaper studies, you guys arrive with a stable status) So don't worry. It takes time.

RabbRakha

Jun 5, 2018
I'm inland. I have been in Canada for three years and a half, I studied here, so at the end it's a long process for us too.
completely agree with you but you will take less time than outland candidates am sure...i hope all will get soon...but unfortunately they increased maximum time from 18 to 19 months . I heard a news few months back, about recruiting more employees to reduce this time if that news is true then we can hope faster process for outland too.

Reactions: Mykim7

syali

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
I applied to PNP in June last year. However, I applied to CIC in November 2017. I just completed the Medical exams on June 1st. You guys outland have a huge advantage over us (Cheaper studies, you guys arrive with a stable status) So don't worry. It takes time.[/QUOT
I am a inland candidate too, I applied for my OINP in Jan 2018 and got it in 3 months, applied for my PR in June 2018. I have my wife as a dependent applicant on my application. Hope the process is expedited

Grechy7

Apr 12, 2018
completely agree with you but you will take less time than outland candidates am sure...i hope all will get soon...but unfortunately they increased maximum time from 18 to 19 months . I heard a news few months back, about recruiting more employees to reduce this time if that news is true then we can hope faster process for outland too.
But I have been three year here. It's kind of fair, no offense lol When I said about cheaper studies is because for international students as I was the fees are very expensive. When you have your PR you are consider domestic, not international anymore. So you will come with many advantages. For example, it's super easy to get loans and therefore to get a car or a house. We have been here waiting for the PR to happen.

RabbRakha

Jun 5, 2018
I applied to PNP in June last year. However, I applied to CIC in November 2017. I just completed the Medical exams on June 1st. You guys outland have a huge advantage over us (Cheaper studies, you guys arrive with a stable status) So don't worry. It takes time.
ha ha its not like advantages over you because you know we have to start a new life with new challenges, even we don't know how long it will take us to get a job. we don't have canadian education like you and employers always give priority to canadian education :) anyways, No one is going through an easy path

Reactions: syali

Grechy7

Apr 12, 2018
ha ha its not like advantages over you because you know we have to start a new life with new challenges, even we dont know how long it will take us to get a job. we don't have canadian education like you and employers always give priority to canadian education :) anyways, No one is going an easy path
Look in order to get my Canadian education I had to sell my apartment and my car. I haven't been able to get a car because you need to be PR to get one. I went through the same struggles that you mentioned before. I have 2 graduates programs and 9 years professional experience and despite of that I had to start in a Call Centre. It is what it is.

Reactions: RabbRakha

RabbRakha

Jun 5, 2018
i
Look in order to get my Canadian education I had to sell my apartment and my car. I haven't been able to get a car because you need to be PR to get one. I went through the same struggles that you mentioned before. I have 2 graduates programs and 9 years professional experience and despite of that I had to start in a Call Centre. It is what it is.
i wish that, you will get it before me :p

Reactions: Grechy7

kemerloo

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Just an update on my application..

SINP PNP Student Category (inland)
CIC received- October 30, 2017
AOR- Jan 3,2018
Additional Docs Requested- April 18, 2018
Medical Request- April 18, 2018
MR passed (saw in my account)- April 22, 2018
Pre- arrival letter- June 6, 2018

syali

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Just an update on my application..

SINP PNP Student Category (inland)
CIC received- October 30, 2017
AOR- Jan 3,2018
Additional Docs Requested- April 18, 2018
Medical Request- April 18, 2018
MR passed (saw in my account)- April 22, 2018
Pre- arrival letter- June 6, 2018
WHATS THE NEXT STEP ??

chandrakuragayala

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hi,
I recently applied PR-PNP paper application on Feb 8 2018 and received file number on Mar 8 2018.
The processing time showing at CIC website for paper applications is min of 11 months and max of 16 months.
My visa will expire in Jan2019,so planning to apply for BOWP for the family in SEP 2018.

I can apply online for me and my spouse. My question here is :"currently my kids are in student visa,can I apply BOWP for them too . Is it possible to apply bowp for kids who has student visa?

Please let me know asap. It is very urgent.

Thanks.

syali

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,
I recently applied PR-PNP paper application on Feb 8 2018 and received file number on Mar 8 2018.
The processing time showing at CIC website for paper applications is min of 11 months and max of 16 months.
My visa will expire in Jan2019,so planning to apply for BOWP for the family in SEP 2018.

I can apply online for me and my spouse. My question here is :"currently my kids are in student visa,can I apply BOWP for them too . Is it possible to apply bowp for kids who has student visa?

Please let me know asap. It is very urgent.

Thanks.
BOWP is only for applicants on open/closed WP in canada and who are in process of PR. Work permit is when yoy apply after you have completed your studies in canada.
So, to answer your question. No you cannot apply work permit for someone if they havent completed their studies in Canada.

chandrakuragayala

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hi Syali,

Thankyou so much for your reply. Just to mention, Its an inland PR-PNP paper application. we are here in canada since 4 and1/2 years. Is there any other program to extend student visa for my kids as the PR is in process. OR else could we apply BOWP online for the family at once?

updates for the application:

Date Received: February 8, 2018(got file number in Mar 2018)
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.​
  • Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
    Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
    Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
    Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
    Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.​

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
SINP PNP Received 23 March 2018
PR Application sent on 6 May 2018
Application Received on 10 May 2018
Waiting on AOR.......

Please Keep Updating

Thanks