+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

okri75

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Yeah that explains the delay.. don't worry u will get the decision soon
Yes and no... I have seen exception who already received ppr with 1, 2 dependents... I am not worried and don't give up. I just would like to understand this process better. I never will I know... unless I will work for them some day :) haha
Do you think it's possible that officer doesn't put any update in the system?

dreamerx10

Jul 22, 2015
Yes and no... I have seen exception who already received ppr with 1, 2 dependents... I am not worried and don't give up. I just would like to understand this process better. I never will I know... unless I will work for them some day :) haha
Do you think it's possible that officer doesn't put any update in the system?
No i don't think that they won't put any update in the system.. Try calling them maybe? And explain them your situation

okri75

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
No i don't think that they won't put any update in the system.. Try calling them maybe? And explain them your situation
I call them every week and they tell me the same story: eligibility, security haven't started, criminality still in process, no sent medical extension or re-do medical, nothing. Something really weird here..:( We didn't travel, lived only in our home country, clean criminal record both here and home country. I cannot imagine what's going on.

veravera

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
I call them every week and they tell me the same story: eligibility, security haven't started, criminality still in process, no sent medical extension or re-do medical, nothing. Something really weird here..:( We didn't travel, lived only in our home country, clean criminal record both here and home country. I cannot imagine what's going on.
Vacation time :)

veravera

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hahaha since May of 2018 ???????? It's not kind of funny. If they on vacation then why May, June of 2018 applicants getting ppr???? I am loosing my mind :(
Truly I thought a lot about it.
Maybe I am not right (and hope I am not) but that I see.
Each province has exactly amount of immigrant per year.
Let’s say 10 000
And for sure it is not one-day entry
They divided approximately for EE, spouse support, family and other streams. But approx.
Plus refugees
But nominee (paper, not EE) is not in priority for sure.
Although we have a job, living in Canada we have pretty good English -no free courses required for us, we are like ready to live we still not on priority.
They thought 2000 application for EE but applied 4000-who they should move?
Family sponsorship? Refuse refugees application?
Not , they move us - who has job, who is living here.

Plus add here country where are you from.
Truly some go smoothly than another. That’s why you can apply in July and get in a year, or be originally from weird country and waiting for years.

The another thing that I saw (but not sure of course) -people with high level of education (except IT) waiting longer
Just that I see. If you are truckdriver- boom-10 months. You are Doctor, PhD, Mechanic engineer and etc - 3 years easily

Reactions: okri75 and jnemiada

okri75

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Truly I thought a lot about it.
Maybe I am not right (and hope I am not) but that I see.
Each province has exactly amount of immigrant per year.
Let’s say 10 000
And for sure it is not one-day entry
They divided approximately for EE, spouse support, family and other streams. But approx.
Plus refugees
But nominee (paper, not EE) is not in priority for sure.
Although we have a job, living in Canada we have pretty good English -no free courses required for us, we are like ready to live we still not on priority.
They thought 2000 application for EE but applied 4000-who they should move?
Family sponsorship? Refuse refugees application?
Not , they move us - who has job, who is living here.

Plus add here country where are you from.
Truly some go smoothly than another. That’s why you can apply in July and get in a year, or be originally from weird country and waiting for years.

The another thing that I saw (but not sure of course) -people with high level of education (except IT) waiting longer
Just that I see. If you are truckdriver- boom-10 months. You are Doctor, PhD, Mechanic engineer and etc - 3 years easily
Honestly, this paper-based process should be terminated. I understand all priority, I really do but it's not fairness and equality. PR is on its way for all of us sooner or later and our next step will be become a citizen :) I am sure we won't forget this road to get there

mani@

Feb 17, 2018
this is just ridiculous, we applied early hoping to get PR early and here we are still nothing. i still remember last year i was so excited when i receive the medical request then after that medical passed then after pre arrival an now after 17months plus we are still waiting for PPR while other applicants from June July August September 2018 already landed.
Any update for u