+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

xjb334

Star Member
May 16, 2019
While we appreciate the nice words, unfortunately it’s really an individual case for your boyfriend. There are people waiting for many things and the PR is the only obstacle for that. So therefore, the longer the wait, the more painful it is.

I’ll give some examples: new job opportunities, seeking Canadian citizenship, joining Canadian forces, wanting to visit family and girlfriend abroad, wanting to get married, invest, finance house etc list goes on.
We could never imagine that first come first serve, something so common in Canada, wouldn’t apply to CIC.

These people who applied 6 months after us, they will have a chance to become a citizen before Jan applicants are even eligible to. Doesn’t that sound crazy. Half a year ahead of us.

Sorry if I sound bitter, but it’s kinda difficult not to be in this situation.

Agreed. Just wondering do you get the medical extension or not? I don't have mine yet. Just want to chat a bit.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Hello everyone maybe someone can help me please I’m in big problem

Me and my gf are living together from last 2 years. She got nominated through pnp and applied her pr but during this process i was not knowing about this common law category in canada . So now her medical is almost complete and she is in time frame of 13 months of federal file. Also we are getting married next month.

1-She can add me now in her application as a common law or wait and add next month as a spouse.?

2- is there any problem in application if she add new now as its long time we are in relationship as we were bot aware about this before

Thanks for your replies

astroangel

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019

Me and my gf are living together from last 2 years. She got nominated through pnp and applied her pr but during this process i was not knowing about this common law category in canada . So now her medical is almost complete and she is in time frame of 13 months of federal file. Also we are getting married next month.

1-She can add me now in her application as a common law or wait and add next month as a spouse.?

2- is there any problem in application if she add new now as its long time we are in relationship as we were bot aware about this before

Thanks for your replies
I think you surely can add yourself to the application. It will prolong the process though. Check with agents. Take a free first session and take notes. Depending on the suggestion and things they tell you. You can decide what to do after?

astroangel

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019

Thanks for your replies
Better add as a spouse, as common law you will have to show lot more proof. And yeah, when they ask for proof. Provide as much as you have if they ask for 5 photos give them 25, letters bills, messages etc etc All the best

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Better add as a spouse, as common law you will have to show lot more proof. And yeah, when they ask for proof. Provide as much as you have if they ask for 5 photos give them 25, letters bills, messages etc etc All the best
I have all proofs ready way more than to prove its genuine but I’m just afraid about that they will ask then why she haven’t included me before because it’s just a long time now ?

Pinkyyy

Apr 9, 2019
I have all proofs ready way more than to prove its genuine but I’m just afraid about that they will ask then why she haven’t included me before because it’s just a long time now ?
I dont think this would matter, just tell them what you wrote here. and i think it would be much better if she add you in now than sponsor you in the future. as i know sponsoring family takes loooooooooong time....

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
I dont think this would matter, just tell them what you wrote here. and i think it would be much better if she add you in now than sponsor you in the future. as i know sponsoring family takes loooooooooong time....
I appreciate your answer thanks alot. Should I include as a common law permit or spouse?

4346winnipeg

Jun 19, 2019
I don't no what they are doing
My medical will expire in oct 2019.
But they send me request for medical.
I was upload my previous medical .but they are not going to update.
Yesterday 24 June is last date to submit medical. But m waiting for previous one.today morning I checked my online status it shows we did not receive your medical.OMG
Then I call to ircc they said you need medical for pr .your previous medical for work permit. They make me crazy it's to bad .
Hard to explain my situation now

manitoba_2018

Jun 11, 2019
Hi
I got ADR (CV) 14 th of June- and I got actually 5 days for upload
I called last week to check if they got it, phone guy said they got it but officer didn’t open my file (why he asked to upload with so tight deadline?)
As I understood they are checking my back-home information (and I guess smth goes wrong)
I’m from Russia. Where no one speaks English (if they tried to check my university).
Looks like because of it, I wait soooooo long time (since Jan 2018)
But I am also thinking maybe it is just extra step for masters/PhD?
What education level do you have?
We had CV request too. But moreover we have to provide the specification of our background Master degree, the name of professor and our publication (in our county we do not do any publications for get Master degree). We sent all docs on June 18 and still nothing

Roy7

Apr 5, 2017
hey,
Do you know if have to get photocopies of my passport and birth certificate notary certified for paper based application or no?
I didn’t remember I copy the passport, but birth certificates and notarized for sure.