+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 applicants file not transferred yet

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
Its been a while for you hasn’t it? I suggest ordering GCMS. I am quite certain your file is in Security Screening.
I’m a little hesitant doing that so soon may be a few more months down the road! Besides there are numerous applicants still waiting for file transfer so I’m not alone. Why do you think it’s up for SS?

Reactions: sveta

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I’m a little hesitant doing that so soon may be a few more months down the road! Besides there are numerous applicants still waiting for file transfer so I’m not alone. Why do you think it’s up for SS?
You said you cleared most of your stuff and that your case is pretty straightforward so I don’t seem to see what else could be the reason. I hope I am wrong.

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
You said you cleared most of your stuff and that your case is pretty straightforward so I don’t seem to see what else could be the reason. I hope I am wrong.
Im pretty sure there are many out there like me with straightforward cases. It’s ironic if selected for SS. Hopefully all is well

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Im pretty sure there are many out there like me with straightforward cases. It’s ironic if selected for SS. Hopefully all is well
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/
Taken straight out of this.

What kind of applicants face stricter security screening?

In the past CSIS has been criticized for racial profiling applicants based on country of origin, race, religion, travel history, political affiliation, but these factors are the primary means of conducting security screening. Applicants from countries known to harbor terrorists, from unstable countries, of some specific religion and faith, with specific political affiliation are more prone to undergo stringent security screening. This also includes travel history to countries linked with terrorism, drug source countries, inter-religion or inter-nationality marriage etc.’

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/
Taken straight out of this.

What kind of applicants face stricter security screening?

In the past CSIS has been criticized for racial profiling applicants based on country of origin, race, religion, travel history, political affiliation, but these factors are the primary means of conducting security screening. Applicants from countries known to harbor terrorists, from unstable countries, of some specific religion and faith, with specific political affiliation are more prone to undergo stringent security screening. This also includes travel history to countries linked with terrorism, drug source countries, inter-religion or inter-nationality marriage etc.’
Ive read this before in fact have read everything related to file not being transferred!
That’s the problem apart from country of origin none of the other things apply to me but then there are others still stuck in Sydney belonging to stable trustworthy countries! Anyway hoping for the best!

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Ive read this before in fact have read everything related to file not being transferred!
That’s the problem apart from country of origin none of the other things apply to me but then there are others still stuck in Sydney belonging to stable trustworthy countries! Anyway hoping for the best!
And I hope you skip SS and get your file transfer. You can never know the exact reason and the only way to confirm SS is GCMS which you do not want to order. You have been patient this long, good things will come your way.

Reactions: Nidajk

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Yeah, I assume Britain would be one of those countries.. yet mines still stuck in Sydney.. GCMS notes get here next week ( hopefully )

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Yeah, I assume Britain would be one of those countries.. yet mines still stuck in Sydney.. GCMS notes get here next week ( hopefully )
Hi there. So I dont know how much I can help in calming your nerves but I can try to make an estimated guess on why the file transfer for you all is taking time. I attribute it to 3 reasons.
1.The PA is from a country where its tedious for the Canadian Government to get info on your Criminality (Even though we submit PCCs, they still do get in contact with the agencies in the PA’s home country. Of course if you have lived in more than one country and if its also Tedious for those other countries, it adds further to the delay. (I can give my example, I lived in NZ for 2 and a half years long back and according to the conditions on the checklist was not needed to submit my PCC for Nz and was not asked for it as its relatively easier for Canada to do so directly through info sharing deal they have. However, since NZ govt takes around 20 business days to get back with the PCC, my file transfer was delayed when people who filed their application around my time got their transfers. I made a rough guess on when my file should be transferred based on the above info and the guess was correct as it did get transferred on the 18th Day of the 20 days I had kept as a deadline for transfer [personal guess]). So its not really the Canadian government delaying the processing but PA’s own.
2.Your file has been chosen for security screening. I wont go in detail about why you get selected. The reasons are many and some unfair (check anatomy of a Background Check post on forum, specifically the Security Screening Section, you’ll know what I am saying...) So for those of you who have no travel history or seems like a straight forward case, this could be it.
3. This one’s the simplest reason I feel and quite possibly the true reason in most cases. That your file is not easy enough (according to them) to be processed in Canada and needs to be transferred to a local VO. Now most local VO’s are slow compared to Mississauga and have crazy workloads (Mexico, New Delhi, London) to name a few. So your file is grouped with a bunch of others to be sent for further processing there but that takes quite a few months. (For eg: Mexico VO, the trends show that all applications that are in queue for being transferred there for processing have a minimum wait time of 5 months).

So I may be wrong too and this is just an idea of what might be the reasons for delays in transfers. I hope it may help clear things out if it makes sense to any of your cases. I wish you all the best and hope and pray you get transferred soon too!
Not all reasons are security screening. It could be any one of these. If you are heading to London VO, its one of the slowest VO’s so yours is probably batched with other files and is headed there but it takes a long time since they are still processing previous year’s applications. Hooe you get transferred to Mississauga though!

Last edited:

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Not all reasons are security screening. It could be anyone one of these. If you are heading to London VO, its one of the slowest VO’s so yours is probably batched with other files and is headed there but it takes a long time since they are still processing previous year’s applications. Hooe you get transferred to Mississauga though!
Wait.. I assumed as im based in the UK it would have to go through LVO... so my application could be transferred to missisuaga and not London (uk) VO?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Wait.. I assumed as im based in the UK it would have to go through LVO... so my application could be transferred to missisuaga and not London (uk) VO?
Yes. If its pretty straightforward it does go through Mississauga. However, transfers to Mississauga are generally quite quick compared to other VO’s

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
im crossing my fingers then... cause unless it goes to missisuaga theres no chance im gonna be in the 12 month estimation :(