+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 applicants file not transferred yet

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
By the way, I did read here some cases with timeline where file transfer happened after half a year... but I see that there is even a person who didn’t get file transfer after 9 months what would be the answer to why...
Not sure if this means that our apps will be processed within the said timeframe of 12 months.

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
My wifes a Canadian citizen, its our first marriage, no travel history really, no issues, no criminal record. When we called them they said " its still in Sydney, 80% will be done in 12 months.. that was it

Reactions: sveta

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
My husband called just recently and said since he is not a representative they don’t want to give any info, but lady said all is fine. The end :) Since it’s 3 months left for you, you will find out when the transfer happens faster than us here. So, fingers crossed for you!
whats your timeline :)

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hi there. So I dont know how much I can help in calming your nerves but I can try to make an estimated guess on why the file transfer for you all is taking time. I attribute it to 3 reasons.
1.The PA is from a country where its tedious for the Canadian Government to get info on your Criminality (Even though we submit PCCs, they still do get in contact with the agencies in the PA’s home country. Of course if you have lived in more than one country and if its also Tedious for those other countries, it adds further to the delay. (I can give my example, I lived in NZ for 2 and a half years long back and according to the conditions on the checklist was not needed to submit my PCC for Nz and was not asked for it as its relatively easier for Canada to do so directly through info sharing deal they have. However, since NZ govt takes around 20 business days to get back with the PCC, my file transfer was delayed when people who filed their application around my time got their transfers. I made a rough guess on when my file should be transferred based on the above info and the guess was correct as it did get transferred on the 18th Day of the 20 days I had kept as a deadline for transfer [personal guess]). So its not really the Canadian government delaying the processing but PA’s own.
2.Your file has been chosen for security screening. I wont go in detail about why you get selected. The reasons are many and some unfair (check anatomy of a Background Check post on forum, specifically the Security Screening Section, you’ll know what I am saying...) So for those of you who have no travel history or seems like a straight forward case, this could be it.
3. This one’s the simplest reason I feel and quite possibly the true reason in most cases. That your file is not easy enough (according to them) to be processed in Canada and needs to be transferred to a local VO. Now most local VO’s are slow compared to Mississauga and have crazy workloads (Mexico, New Delhi, London) to name a few. So your file is grouped with a bunch of others to be sent for further processing there but that takes quite a few months. (For eg: Mexico VO, the trends show that all applications that are in queue for being transferred there for processing have a minimum wait time of 5 months).

So I may be wrong too and this is just an idea of what might be the reasons for delays in transfers. I hope it may help clear things out if it makes sense to any of your cases. I wish you all the best and hope and pray you get transferred soon too!

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I had similar thoughts.... at least in my case first and last one apply, just need patience! Thank you!!! ;) and wishing you to unite with your half super soon!!!
Got my PPR today so yes almost there. Thanks again :)

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Why 5 months longer? I expect it will be done in 12 months Even though I have red flags, I still believe it will be finalized before 12 months are gone;)
Because if peoples were transferred to LVO in December... and mine still hasn't been transferred surely im that far behind? LVO isn't going to do mine any faster than anyone elses :/

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
I really hope not... my file definitely won’t be transferred to London. But I hope it won’t take too long after transfer, since I believe during this 9 months they are doing something on your file.... it can’t just sit there....
hope so :(

Reactions: Nidajk

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
I really hope not... my file definitely won’t be transferred to London. But I hope it won’t take too long after transfer, since I believe during this 9 months they are doing something on your file.... it can’t just sit there....
That is the issue whether it’s just sitting there or something is going on!

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
Hi there. So I dont know how much I can help in calming your nerves but I can try to make an estimated guess on why the file transfer for you all is taking time. I attribute it to 3 reasons.
1.The PA is from a country where its tedious for the Canadian Government to get info on your Criminality (Even though we submit PCCs, they still do get in contact with the agencies in the PA’s home country. Of course if you have lived in more than one country and if its also Tedious for those other countries, it adds further to the delay. (I can give my example, I lived in NZ for 2 and a half years long back and according to the conditions on the checklist was not needed to submit my PCC for Nz and was not asked for it as its relatively easier for Canada to do so directly through info sharing deal they have. However, since NZ govt takes around 20 business days to get back with the PCC, my file transfer was delayed when people who filed their application around my time got their transfers. I made a rough guess on when my file should be transferred based on the above info and the guess was correct as it did get transferred on the 18th Day of the 20 days I had kept as a deadline for transfer [personal guess]). So its not really the Canadian government delaying the processing but PA’s own.
2.Your file has been chosen for security screening. I wont go in detail about why you get selected. The reasons are many and some unfair (check anatomy of a Background Check post on forum, specifically the Security Screening Section, you’ll know what I am saying...) So for those of you who have no travel history or seems like a straight forward case, this could be it.
3. This one’s the simplest reason I feel and quite possibly the true reason in most cases. That your file is not easy enough (according to them) to be processed in Canada and needs to be transferred to a local VO. Now most local VO’s are slow compared to Mississauga and have crazy workloads (Mexico, New Delhi, London) to name a few. So your file is grouped with a bunch of others to be sent for further processing there but that takes quite a few months. (For eg: Mexico VO, the trends show that all applications that are in queue for being transferred there for processing have a minimum wait time of 5 months).

So I may be wrong too and this is just an idea of what might be the reasons for delays in transfers. I hope it may help clear things out if it makes sense to any of your cases. I wish you all the best and hope and pray you get transferred soon too!
It’s odd that a straightforward case with no travel history is selected for security screening. Nevertheless that means something is going on with the file within canada before transfer?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
It’s odd that a straightforward case with no travel history is selected for security screening. Nevertheless that means something is going on with the file within canada before transfer?
Like I said, being chosen for security screening sometimes has the most outrageous unfair reasons but thats how they process it from what I gathered by this post. Check the ‘what kind of applicants face stricter security screening?’ section of the link attached.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

You are right on the part that something is going on within Canada. Unfortunately its not happening at IRCC because if chosen for security screening CSIS handles the whole screening of the applicant and IRCC cant do anything until they get the report back from CSIS and make a decision on BGC based on their report. That’s why SS takes quite a time to complete.

Adeena

May 11, 2019
Are you from Pakistan? Have they transferred your file?